Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Noise in the Bedroom ~

Any of you find it not only difficult but nearly impossible to fall asleep in a silent environment? I cannot fall asleep unless there is some sort of constant noise. I own and have owned a "White Sound" Machine since I was about 10 years old.post-897-1101999897.jpg I also have a fan in my bedroom which also makes a soft whirring sound. I also have a humidifier which I run too. I creates a nice, cool environment and masks the outside sounds like cars going by or dogs barking or people talking close by my windows. I find this very comforting. I have heard that there are alot of us like this. Someone referred to us once as "FANATICS" Emphasis on the "FAN" B)

Edited by Jeanway

I can't sleep in a slient room either. I'm hyper aware of every tiny little noise and it drives me nuts. I need some kind of noise to blanket out all of the noises.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I can sleep in a silent room or with some noise. Most of the time my room is silent as I switch everything off during the night. However there are ocassions when I leave my computer on over night or have my fan running during the summer. My radiator also makes a of sort hissing noise on a certain setting which I find annoying so I either have to turn it off or put it on full.

I can sleep in a quiet environment. But I do like the sound of my ionizer. It has a soothing, comforting sound. I am a lite sleeper most of the time. So too much noise will awaken me.

Since joining the Navy I can sleep in almost an enviroment. From the noise of an aircraft carrier to my dog playing at night.

I hate the sound of "SNORING". B) I can't even stand it when I'm awake. If I hear snoring while I'm trying to sleep I wake up in a rage and feel like killing the person. B) B)

I run a small fan at night - however, I have recently begun to exhibit the family propensity for falling asleep in front of the tv. I have to learned to set my VCR and tape what I'm watching just in case.

I think the sound of babies snoring is kind of cute. Of course you keep waking up and listening to make sure you still hear them.

I like soft noises when I sleep.

Like the chimes outside my window, or the surf when visiting my mother at the lake, loons in the morning lull me back to sleep.

I have to have what is called *comfort* noises or I can't sleep. As a young woman my bredroom was directly over top of my parents grandfather clock and hearing it chime made me feel safe in there home. When I visited them in their home in Florida I was awakened by that clock and it felt good to be home. In my own house I have something on television or radio playing and sleep to the sounds.

Edited by BlueCrystal

I like soft noises when I sleep.

Like the chimes outside my window, or the surf when visiting my mother at the lake, loons in the morning lull me back to sleep.

285829[/snapback]

OH, I also have a machine that PLAYS "Loons on the Lake", I just love it. also crickets on a summer night and windchimes. Also I have a waterfall, that's nice and soothing too. I am sure a noisy person. B) But I'd prefer to say I'm very "Audio" B)

I find silence scary, it feels like a 7 just disconnected from the hive plus Neelix's fear of nothingness kinda feeling...

I find silence scary, it feels like a 7 just disconnected from the hive plus Neelix's fear of nothingness kinda feeling...

286970[/snapback]

Me too :laugh: You described it perfectly. :laugh:

I need silence to fall asleep, however after falling asleep there is no noise that can wake me. My husband even vaccums around the bed and it doesn't wake me ( I work graveyard shift for all ya'll wondering what my husband is up vaccuming around the bed for). I have to set three alarm clocks in the morning..err evening just to get up.

I can sleep anywhere and through anything. In college, I was the one people would pull pranks on while I slept. I once woke up in an elevator....

I can't fall asleep if it's quiet. I need some sort of low, steady sound, like a fan. Otherwise I just lay there awake all night. I've tried to go to sleep in a quiet environment, I just can't do it. My Doctor said there is no harm sleeping with a little sound in the room so why should it bother anyone?? I mean we all need sleep. :waaaa: