Sign in to follow this  
Lursa

Major Kira

Major Kira from DS9 is my all-time favorite character. I love how well-rounded that she is and how she is strong yet, gentle at the time same time. I know that many of you know this my Nana Visitor got the role of Roxie in the Broadway Musical Chicago. She has gotten great reviews and i am happy for her. Playing Kira Nerys for 7 years she said has really changed and impacted her life. So, we as the fans that we are i wanted to know how to others feel about her as the character, and her being Nana in real-life?

I'm sure all of you know by now how I feel about Nana and her portrayal of Kira on DS9..What a great character she was..Even in the early shows where she was so defiant and angry all the time towards the Federation. I feel that this was a good place for her character to start from. I mean they had just got rid of the Cardassians and in comes the Federation..Her progression throughout the 7 years of the series was fantastic..Such a strong character..And those eyes! By the time I made it to the final season on DS9 I cared about her more than any other character on DS9..Even though I believe DS9 had the best most interesting characters of any Trek series..(My opinion)

And I'm not surprised at all that Nana has moved on and been sucessful in other projects after DS9..She is a wonderful, awesome actress and performer..

Yes she sure is. That is why i love her so much I hope that with god's help that someday i want to be a great performer like her.

I have since read that originally Michelle Forbes/Ro Laren was slated to play opposite the benjamin Sisko character on DS9.I am glad that things transpired as they did.I cannot imagine DS9 without Nana Visitor's great Kira Nerys.

She was a proud,strong woman who believed in herself and her people.While embracing modern science and technology,she was unashamed of her spirituality (that really rocks <_< ),and she wasn't afraid of what anyone else thought of her.

My favorite DS9 character.If she were a real person,I'd probably be in love. :unsure:

Ben you may not know it but you just made a friend

of one of the mods he is crazy for Kira.

He is also the one who does trivia.

Space Tigger.

I have since read that originally Michelle Forbes/Ro Laren was slated to play opposite the benjamin Sisko character on DS9.I am glad that things transpired as they did.I cannot imagine DS9 without Nana Visitor's great Kira Nerys.

She was a proud,strong woman who believed in herself and her people.While embracing modern science and technology,she was unashamed of her spirituality (that really rocks :unsure: ),and she wasn't afraid of what anyone else thought of her.

My favorite DS9 character.If she were a real person,I'd probably be in love. <_<

It's great to have another Kira fan on the board Ben. Yeah, I'm crazy for Nana / Kira too. What a fantastic character she portrayed on DS9. I too can't imagine Ro Laren in that role. Ro never seemed to have the fire and passion that Kira had..

She was a proud,strong woman who believed in herself and her people.While embracing modern science and technology,she was unashamed of her spirituality (that really rocks :unsure: ),and she wasn't afraid of what anyone else thought of her.

My favorite DS9 character.If she were a real person,I'd probably be in love. <_<

It's great to have another Kira fan on the board Ben. Yeah, I'm crazy for Nana / Kira too. What a fantastic character she portrayed on DS9. I too can't imagine Ro Laren in that role. Ro never seemed to have the fire and passion that Kira had..

336036[/snapback]

Yeah, Ro always seemed more like a malcontent to me then a "freedom fighter". Kira was what the show needed, not Ro. In the first season I wasn't crazy about her character but I thought she got a lot better starting with the 3 part arc in season 2 and just got better as each show went by.

I loved her hair as well. But I also loved when Nana played one of MacGuyver's old friends on one episode. She did such a good job and her birthday is coming up soon!!!!!!!!!1

I also like the earring. It still known as a classic DS9 trademark. I know many of my friends, who have watched the show, but as soon as I mention that earring, the know it right away from looking at them in jewelry shops.

I love Nerys's many hair styles. I even believe she went blonde for an episode or two.

Bajoran earrings are great. I'm looking around to buy one of those Cold Heat soldering tools so I can make my own. They have a bunch of good materials in craft shops, like chains, clips, clip-on earrings. It's all just waiting to be fused together.

Wow, I didn't even read my past post from above and I ended up repeating myself! :lol:

Edited by sea trooper

She was a proud,strong woman who believed in herself and her people.While embracing modern science and technology,she was unashamed of her spirituality (that really rocks :dude: ),and she wasn't afraid of what anyone else thought of her.

My favorite DS9 character.If she were a real person,I'd probably be in love. :laugh:

Well said indeed!

As much as I loved Michelle Forbes as Ro Nana Visitor is one of the best actors/actresses in Trek and she played Kira Nerys brilliantly.

At first i could not stand Kira. To me, she was always too angry. It wasn't until "Crossover" and MU Kira thaY I actually started liking OUR Kira. A few month later, I got to meet Nana Visitor, and got to tel to her, and I told her that it was that episode that made me a Kira fan.

Bur Jadzia is still my girl :)