Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Poor Santa ~

<<--- Look at my new Avatar for Christmas. :look::frusty:

Heard any Horror stories about the terrible things that have happend to Santa??? :look::hug::look:

As a matter of fact yes; he had an accident with our (parked) car Friday night. I was going to make a post about it but yet again you beat me too it (how do you do that anyway??? :frusty: )

A neighbor came pounding on our door screaming "Someone hit your car!". I ran out to see a man fitting Santa description (sans the suit) writing a note to leave on the car. We quickly came to an agreement over the damages (he'll pay outta pocket to keep his insurance Co, out of it) which really wasn't that severe; a broken turn signal indicator and one corner of the bumper slightly detached but through the whole encounter I had the old movie plot about how Santa would use some incident as a reason to prove his existence to someone. :look:

I don't know how I do it, AE. I don't mean to. I just get rolling and I can't stop. :look:

That movie was "Miracle on 34th Street", I believe. I just saw it last year. :look:

What was that song I heard the past few years? It goes something like "Santa, bla bla bla, something reindeer??" Sound familiar?? :look:

Something about Grandma??? :frusty:

I never could figure out if Santa was more than one person/elf. I was told he was called Saint Nicholas by a *Catholic* brother. Then by another brother, refered to as Kris Kringle. Some call him Father Christmas and still countless more and he's always, well nearly always discribed the same way. A jolly old elf, with a white beard, twinkling eyes, a joyous laugh that shakes his belly like a bowl full of jelly. Here he also changes his complection and can appear black or white at will. He also seems to wear the same suit and never worries if he's out of style. Lord with my writing on this matter I'm beginning to think Santa is Odo! :frusty: No wonder the grow up Skipper and the Transformers were popular in the time I was a child he was preparing us for his appearance on DS9!

O.K., I'm gonna TRY this............

Saint Nicholas--Saaint Nicklus-----Sant Nick Claus--Sant Niclaus--Santa Clause

See where I'm going with this? Say what I just wrote out loud and see how Saint Nicholas turned into Santa Clause :hug: EWW, is there an "E" on the end?? No, not sure??? :look: Santa Claus, doesn't look right :frusty::wow: Yep, maybe???? :look: :helpsmilie: :look:

I never could figure out if Santa was more than one person/elf.  I was told he was called Saint Nicholas by a *Catholic* brother.  Then by another brother, refered to as Kris Kringle.  Some call him Father Christmas and still countless more and he's always, well nearly always discribed the same way.  A jolly old elf, with a white beard, twinkling eyes, a joyous laugh that shakes his belly like a bowl full of jelly.  Here he also changes his complection and can appear black or white at will.  He also seems to wear the same suit and never worries if he's out of style.  Lord with my writing on this matter I'm beginning to think Santa is Odo! :frusty:  No wonder the grow up Skipper and the Transformers were popular in the time I was a child he was preparing us for his appearance on DS9!

284702[/snapback]

Saint Nicholas

Catholic Saint

Bishop of Myra

Feast Day: December 6

Patron of: seafarers, scholars, bankers, pawnbrokers, jurists, brewers, coopers, travelers, perfumers, unmarried girls, brides, robbers and especially - children.

Symbol: three gold balls

stnicholas.jpg

The character of Santa Claus is copied from the life of a real person, a saint named Saint Nicholas. The name 'Saint Nicholas' even sounds like 'San-ta claus,' especially in the Dutch language. The Dutch veneration of 'Sinter Klaus' was brought to North America with the Dutch settlers and eventually became the story of Santa Claus that everyone knows.

Saint Nicholas, like St. Wenceslaus and St. Lucy, was a saint. He was the bishop of a city named Myra in Turkey in the early part of the fourth century. His feast day is December 6th because he died on December 6 or 7 in the middle of the fourth century. Feast days celebrate the entry of the saint's soul into Heaven.

The most famous story told about St. Nicholas has to do with three young sisters who were very poor. Their parents were so poor that they did not have enough money for the daughters to get married. Every young girl needed money to pay for the wedding and to set up house for themselves.

Nicholas heard about this family and wanted to help them, but he did not want anyone to know that he was the one who was helping them.

The story is told in a few different ways. In one version, he climbed up on their roof three nights in a row and threw gold coins down their chimney so that they would land in the girls' stockings, which had been hung by the fire to dry. After two of his daughters had been able to marry because of the money mysteriously appearing in their stockings, the father was determined to find out who was helping them, so he hid behind the chimney the next night. Along came Bishop Nicholas with another bag of money.

When he was discovered, he asked the father not to tell anyone else, but the father wanted everyone to know what a good and generous man the Bishop Nicholas was, so he told everyone he knew. That is how we have the story and the tradition of stocking full of gifts today.

Edited by Odie

Hey, if you want to see a really good movie about "Father Christmas", not your usual Christmas movie either :look: See if you can find "The Fortress" it's an Austrailian film. :frusty: Scare the Crap out of you. Well, I saw it when I was little and it did me. :look: I had nightmares for weeks. :look:

OK, sorry it's just "Fortress"

post-897-1101769282.jpg

Austrailian school teacher Sally Jones ( Rachel Ward ), and her students are led into the Australian outback in the Horror Thriller Movie “ Fortress ”. Hidden in an underground cavern, subdued and threatened, teacher and students are about to journey into hell. The teacher discovers a way to create lamps to give them light in their dark “ Fortress ”, allowing them to investigate their surroundings. Going deeper into the cavern the group discover a perilous way to freedom - an underground swim that must be undertaken by those who can swim and those who cannot. Escaping their lair, they rush to a house only to discover their captors have taken over the residents. Their hopeful safe haven has turned into a new “ Fortress ” of bondage. The slaying of the residents triggers a new attitude for teacher and students to fight for survival and overpower their captors. The boys attack their guard - but their second escape has left one of the children with a gunshot wound. Holding up in another cave, the group struggles through a night of freedom from their captors only to find the dawn has brought the kidnapper killers to the very doorstep of their third “ Fortress ”. Harassed and hunted by their pursuers, a new breed of savage warrior clansmen surfaces in the twice captured teacher and students -- a savage group that kills one of their pursuers without remorse - celebrating the event in their “ Fortress ” with jubilation and a bone-chilling ritualistic dance. Angered by the killing of his comrade, the kidnapper killer charges the “ Fortress ” of the lone woman burdened with infantile kids - only to be surprised by a savage onslaught of frenzied spears. With brutal savagery, the group, unfettered by social mores, fall prey to the degeneration of human compassion and murder their former captor with all the power and viciousness of a world gone mad - leading into the shocking and horrifying conclusion of a Horror Thriller Movie that reels the human senses and grips the imagination in a compelling study of pure savage anarchy. Where Lord of the Flies left off, the “ Fortress ” picks up in an excellent continuity of heart pounding, heart wrenching, bone chilling, horrifying, and shocking brutality

This is bad :frusty:

Click For Spoiler
post-897-1101790286.jpg

But this next one is VERY Bad. Looks like he had a very rough night in the skies :look::look:

Click For Spoiler
post-897-1101790404.jpg
Edited by Jeanway

I'm surprised Santa doesn't get roughed up more. I mean he sneaks into your house in the middle of the night carrying a big sack. He's just looking for trouble. :nono:

:nono: I wonder if that's OUR Saint nik from the site here?? :o :yes: :o :nono:

Sorry nik. :nono:

Edited by Jeanway

Click For Spoiler
nik, I hope you know I was kidding B) But is that you??? B) B) B)

Well it didn't happen to Santa, but something might.... :P My friend came up with the Santa Satan Theory. If you move the N in Santa around you get Satan. So my friend, being bord out of his mind in Study Hall, came up with this: Santa is really Satan, only Santa is Satan's alterego because he is a split personality. Santa only works one night a year right? Well what would he do for the other 364 days of the year? Satan becomes Santa and does the toy thing and then goes back to heck and rebecomes Satan after Christmas. He wears the giant pants and coat to cover up his body and horse legs, he wears the boots to cover up the hooves, the hat for the horns and the rest to cover his face and hands. And the reason he gives coal to bad kids is because if they continue to be bad they are going to need it to fuel the fires of heck.

Please don't ask how he thought it up; it was third period, he had D lunch and couldn't go to the Libary because it was closed that lunch. :P