Sign in to follow this  
tbree_dVelnahr

Spock's Women

We know that ultimately Spock takes a wife, through the inference of the TNG episode, "Sarek" in which Picard states he met Sarek at Sarek's son's wedding. There has been speculation in the form of a book, VULCAN'S HEART that Spock ultimately marries Saavik. I have to wonder, though, why he would wait so long to marry first of all, and why Saavik? Is it because she is Vulcan, (or half Vulcan as some would attest, although that was never made canon), or was it merely love at first sight for him?

Is Spock truly biased as he seems in the movies, preferring Vulcans over any other race, or is his taste in women more universally widespread IE Droxine, Leila Kolamie, Zarabeth, the Romulan Commander and even the dance hall girl seen wrapped around his arm at the end of "Shore Leave". He also gives the eye to "Mudd's Women" in said episode. The races of those women were never disclosed although it could be assumed from their physical appeances they were again, like Leila, human.

Who would he likely marry in the long run, or at least date for a time? Does he have a preference? Inquiring minds want to know. :assimilated:

T'Bree

I think you're right, he did seem to have a preferance for the Vulcan women, especially in his older years.

I have to agree I had always assumed that reference was to a third son. It would not be a stretch to assume that there is a third child especially considering the age of Sarek in TNG times. He could have easily had another child after the events of the TOS movies. Also, I believe that there was a comment in that episode as well about Picard never having met Spock, and I would think that if he had been at Spock's wedding they would have met.