Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

repelling anyone?

so who here has repelled before? well today was a first for me, and i generally done like the idea of jumping off a building but it was a great time. once i got past the edge the first time i couldnt get enough. well until they wanted us to get over the edge, hang upsidown, and let the belay man below lower you, HANDS ON YOUR HEAD, UPSIDOWN 40 SOME FT IN THE AIR. that was something. then the zip line from the middle of the platform was another FAITH IN YOUR PARTNER, AND EQUIPMENT THING. get through the hole, let go and keep your hands on your head, while the belay man lets you drop FAST, then stops you before hitting ground. all in all was pretty fun. we did it today at the seal tower at navy base in litte creek. one of the guys in class is an ex seal and what he said they've done off that tower, OUCH no can do. :congrats::clap: i bow down to greatness, or actually as he said in their case craziness. lol :congrats:

Closest I have come to repelling is when coming down off of a rock climbing wall, which I have done a large amount of times.

OH YEAH it is fun, i know im looking forward to going to the rock gym to do some more repelling.

I have never been repelling before, but from your discription...IT SOUNDS UBER FUN!!! ...I'm going to be over here looking for places to try it now...

283719[/snapback]

Love repelling. Haven't done it for about 14 years. Would take me awhile to convince myself to take that first step again though. Don't know if I could go down head first though! Repelling RULES. Great fun! :frusty:

I have always wanted to try it, but I have one minor drawback that has always stopped me, I have an intense almost demobilizing fear of heights.

I have always wanted to try it, but I have one minor drawback that has always stopped me, I have an intense almost demobilizing fear of heights.

290331[/snapback]

yeah i understand that, im not a big fan of heights, by any means,, but it was a ton of fun. :biggrin: