Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Jolene Blalock Says Season 4 Is Probably The End

Jolene Blalock says that she thinks that Season Four Will Be The Last Season Of Enterprise, Do You Agree?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Jolene Blalock says that she thinks that Season Four Will Be The Last Season Of Enterprise, Do You Agree?

• yes
    • no

Enterprise's biggest problem is UPN. UPN is not seen in all the markets in the US, because of the not everyone in the US can see Enterprise.

Enterprise's biggest problem is UPN.  UPN is not seen in all the markets in the US, because of the not everyone in the US can see Enterprise.

283373[/snapback]

Exactly! If Paramount really cared about this franchise, it would not put Enterprise on a channel that is not available to everyone. Somebody up above said something about NBC wanting Enterprise initially ... is it someone's ego at Paramount that refused to see the wisdom of this and wanted to use Enterprise as some sort of anchor for the fledgling UPN network?

Do most folks have WB? Certainly FOX. Maybe they should shop Enterprise around to other networks and let them off the sinking UPN ship. :congrats:

Enterprise's biggest problem

Take your pick from:

- A poor premise.

- Weak dull boring characters.

- Concessions to the sex starved male demographic with the inclusion of T'Pol.

- Poor writing.

- A lack of any awareness of what Trek is supposed to be all about.

- Poor leadership of the franchise from Berman.

- The ideas of head crony and hack Brannon Braga.

- Paramount's utter ineptness to develop Trek and stop it's decline.

- A generally weak franchise which suffered greatly after INS, VOY, the disaster that was NEM and now ENT.

- Lack of direction for the show.

- Far too many changes to the show, titles, music etc....

- The brilliance of Deep Space Nine, which has made all Trek that followed look like nothing in comparison.

- The lack of belief in Berman. To the point where Michael Piller, Ira Behr, Jeri Taylor, Leonard Nimoy, and Ronald Moore have been alienated and pushed to the sidelines by this guy.

- Placing the show on UPN, which has been a disaster. The very creation of UPN was a mistake anyway.

:assimilated:

I don't think that they should ever have made ENT. They should have waited a couple years for the franchise to build up to what it once was. I would rather wait 5 years to come back to a really good season than take this crap.

This series could have been done so easily. The story is already told, all the writers need to do is fill in the gap. The foundation of the Federation, the Romulan War, the Klingon ridge issue, the Vulcan indescrepancies. Most of these issues are going to be dealt with in this season, but it shouldn't have taken 3 seasons before they did these.

Enterprise's biggest problem

Take your pick from:

- A poor premise.

- Weak dull boring characters.

- Concessions to the sex starved male demographic with the inclusion of T'Pol.

- Poor writing.

- A lack of any awareness of what Trek is supposed to be all about.

- Poor leadership of the franchise from Berman.

- The ideas of head crony and hack Brannon Braga.

- Paramount's utter ineptness to develop Trek and stop it's decline.

- A generally weak franchise which suffered greatly after INS, VOY, the disaster that was NEM and now ENT.

- Lack of direction for the show.

- Far too many changes to the show, titles, music etc....

- The brilliance of Deep Space Nine, which has made all Trek that followed look like nothing in comparison.

- The lack of belief in Berman. To the point where Michael Piller, Ira Behr, Jeri Taylor, Leonard Nimoy, and Ronald Moore have been alienated and pushed to the sidelines by this guy.

- Placing the show on UPN, which has been a disaster. The very creation of UPN was a mistake anyway.

:assimilated:

283723[/snapback]

I'm sorry your highness, but I disagree with you on all points you've made. This show is just as good as any other Star Trek show. TNG and DS9 had some really horrible episodes, but then again they also had some really great episodes. I see the same with Enterprise. The writing and stories (Especially these last 2 seasons) has been outstanding and I've grown to really like the characters that have developed over the last couple of years. Dr. Phlox for example is one of the best characters to come out of th4e Star Trek universe.As for the sexual consessions they have been in every Star Trek series since TOS, nothing new there.

I will agree with you that the UPN network is a big mistake. Actually the only show I watch on that network is Enterprise, theres nothing else on UPN worth watching.

I'm sorry your highness, but I disagree with you on all points you've made.

That's OK. :assimilated:

This show is just as good as any other Star Trek show. TNG and DS9 had some really horrible episodes, but then again they also had some really great episodes. I see the same with Enterprise.

Yeah, but where are the episodes like "The Best Of Both Worlds" or "Way Of The Warrior" or even VOY at it's best with "Scorpion" and "Equinox" and the Xindi Arc? Compared to the brilliance of the Dominion Arc?

:unsure:

The writing and stories (Especially these last 2 seasons) has been outstanding and I've grown to really like the characters that have developed over the last couple of years. Dr. Phlox for example is one of the best characters to come out of th4e Star Trek universe.

I see him as this shows "Neelix", the "quirky, weird, funny" character who actually just annoys me.

As for the sexual consessions they have been in every Star Trek series since TOS, nothing new there.

Nothing as overtly sexual as ENT. Like the oil rubs in the first episode? When I saw that, I felt a sense of dread because I knew what kind of producers we were dealing with and what they were obviously trying to do with this show, and who it was aimed at.

:blink:

For the record, from a portion of the interview I read on another site - Blalock herself made the comment that

Click For Spoiler
“You can’t substitute t and a for good storytelling.
SFX

I have to agree that where other ST series showed sexual encounters or situations they weren't a substitute for the plot and there have been a couple of episodes of ENT where sexual suggestiveness or innuendo was the plot. (Precious Cargo, Bounty, and A Night in Sickbay spring to mind) And I think with season three they forced a relationship with Trip T'Pol for the sake of sexual titillation of the ST audience (who must be desperate because there is so much more to be had on other shows). From other interviews I've read Blalock agrees with that assessment as well.

However, I don't agree with most of The King's other points. I thought Archer and particularly Hoshi were too whiney at first but that's been taken care of and it bothered me they weren't a match for the aliens with bigger ships (sorry, I just like to see "our" guys win those space battles) but that has gotten better as well.

I wasn't happy with how they characterized Vulcans but Manny Coto seems to be doing an excellent job of getting things back on track.

I do think UPN has hurt Star Trek, I think it hurt the quality of Voyager as well as ENT.

I think Similitude was an excellent episode because it addressed some very socially relevent concerns. I don't think those types of episodes really came along until season three. But season one and two still had some great episodes.

Too bad they didn't have Manny on board from the beginning.

Voted no. I think the show has been great. I think it will get a season 5 and maybe a season 6. And lets hope for number 7. I see alot of potential.

I like the character T'Pol but I dont much care for Jolene Blalock.

And remember her words are just a bunch of Bla Bla Bla=)

I voted no also. I think this season is better than the last one. I really think there is room for another season but that may be wishful thinking on my part as well. If they are thinking about ending it all after this season then maybe we can gather names for a new petition.

I voted no. We have seen many times over the years where an actor/actress has voiced his/her concerns/opinions on whether a show will continue only to see it continue on for a long time in the future.

I dont think Enterprise is a bad show especially this season but too much has gone before to turn it around. The production values are great also. The fact it's on Fridays is not a good sign. Last season imo was good but it could have been better. If it was in syndication the show would be better. The 2nd season was awful. I dont expect the show to look as retro as TOS but some of the tech concepts of the show are far too advanced for a vessel that exists over 100 years before 1701. Transporters, phase pistols (laser guns were used in the original TOS pilot), photon torpedoes should not even be around imo. I guess the same form of torpedoes were used for 200 years? Romulans with cloaking devices in the 22nd century? I'm really not fan of the T'Pol/Tripp thing either. It's a attempt to attract young males mainly and I think it hurts the show. I had to vote yes. These are just my nit picks

Edited by Admiral Kirk

Transporters, phase pistols (laser guns were used in the original TOS pilot), photon torpedoes should not even be around imo.  I guess the same form of torpedoes were used for 200 years? Romulans with cloaking devices in the 22nd century? I'm really not fan of the T'Pol/Tripp thing either. It's a attempt to attract young males mainly  and I think it hurts the show. 

287494[/snapback]

I agree with you in terms of the photon'ic' torpedoes. They might be simple in their development from Starfleet, but it's just never sat well with me.

But here are a few things to keep in mind, about the other things.

1.)Transporters on the NX-01 are still used from time to time (such as a tactical emergency in 'Extinction' and 'Damage', safety reasons in 'Impulse', or even deception in 'Chosen Realm') Most of the time they still use the shuttle pods or dock with another ship. And they still have malfunctions like what happened in 'Impulse' and 'Count Down'

2.)Humanity has used guns for nearly 600 plus years and the basic concept hasn't changed much in that time. It's logical to assume that the developement of energy weapons would take quite some time as well. I would assume that they were just introduced in World War III and by that schedule they've been around for barely 100 years. Yes the name is a little corky and a cheep attempt to hook up with the phasers of the 23rd century, but that barely invalidates them.

3.) Romulan cloaking technology is relative. There is no way it's up to standard with the cloaking devises of later centuries. And even then they weren't with out flaws, i.e. how Kirk and Sulu spotted a cloaked Bird of Prey with out using their sensors at all. 22nd century Romulan cloaking devises probably still emit plenty of anomalies that if someone is looking for they'll still be able to catch on their sensors. Not to mention that the Romulans/Vulcans have agreat capacity for knowledge. Vulcans use it for disciplines and more beneficial things. The Romulans are bound to use their knowledge for more agressive weapons and tactical technology.

4.) Trip and T'Pol no doubt began as writing ploy. They've probably wanted to do something like this for a while. But many other things have been added to the characters that make the situation between the two of them very interesting. The emotional discoveries that T'Pol was going through makes it seem understandable that she would be in less control of her emotions and her inhibitions. Granted I'd just as soon it didn't happen, but I can still live with it.

That's all I got to say about that.

This series could have been done so easily.  The story is already told, all the writers need to do is fill in the gap.  The foundation of the Federation, the Romulan War, the Klingon ridge issue, the Vulcan indescrepancies.  Most of these issues are going to be dealt with in this season, but it shouldn't have taken 3 seasons before they did these.

283746[/snapback]

They wouldn't have been able to do the Vulcan discrepancies without doing the first several seasons first. Otherwise there wouldn't discrepancies to fix. The Foundation of the Federation has been there all along. It just hasn't always been aparent. It's also bound to be the climax of the series. The same way with the Romulan war, not to mention that the Romulan War will likely need quite a bit of build-up and development. As for the Klingon ridges, well, I havn't cared about it much. I don't consider a lack of funding for the original Star Trek a continuity error. If you're going to get ticked at anyone get ticked at Roddenbery who gave Worf ridges in '87. I havn't cared much for it one way or another. If they do it great, if not oh well.