Sign in to follow this  
Garzo

[S]Regeneration Question

Click for Spoiler:

I just got a chance to see Regeneration and had a question -- towards the end as Archer and Reed are on the Borg ship, a few Borgs board the Enterprise. As the explosives go off on the Borg ship, the Borg on the Enterprise suddenly beam back to the exploding Borg ship. Why did that happen? You'd think their instinct for survival would make them remain on the Enterprise and seek to Borgify the crew. Why would they transport back only to get destroyed?

Or did they decide to transport back to lend a hand in repairing their ship?

Also, the Borg infiltrators seem to have adapted much faster to the phase pistols than the Borg on the Borg ship, but that may have been the result of the editing process?

Also, the signal was still being transmitted from the transport. It would be inefficient to reassimilate a new ship and resend the signal you were already almost finished sending.

They had already made so many modifications to the transport that it would be illogical to start all over again with a new ship, I don't think they thought that the transport was going to be destroyed.. Remember that only the power was down when they transported back.

I agree with the points here, but I try not to think about it to much. It was a great episode though..

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but I figure I'll voice my opinion and maybe generate some comments, so here goes... B)

When I first heard that the Borg would make an appearance in "Enterprise", I wasn't happy. Mostly because of the already-discussed topic of the Borg being first discovered in "Next Generation". But it was also the feeling I got that the writers basically ran out of ideas. So after reading the many posts here on the board, I decided to download it(took me a week, jeez!).

I enjoyed "Regeneration" only from the point that the show took over on the Enterprise. That part of the show seemed totally believable to me.

Now, my problems were from the beginning portion. The debris from the Borg Sphere was apparently in the Arctic for 90 years, right? In the scene in the teaser where we see the long shot of debris field, how come there wasn't that much snow/ice coverage? You'd think after 90 years there wouldn't be much visible.

Our female researcher moved the snow off the Borg like it had just fallen within the past few hours. She and one of the other assistants decided to remove a cover from a unit giving off power readings. Hello! Wouldn't the top have been frozen to the rest of the unit?

When Starfleet decided to investigate the research station, the crewman said they'd hadn't heard from them in 3 days. 3 days? That was a minor irritant, but based on the amount of snow and ice build-up in the wrecked reasearch lab, you would think that after 90 years, the aforementioned debris would be visible spotty at best.

And one last question: "How did they discover the debris feild in the first place?"

Whew...there...I got that off my chest. Thanks for putting up with my ranting, but I had to ask someone! :)

Stingray

Now, my problems were from the beginning portion.  The debris from the Borg Sphere was apparently in the Arctic for 90 years, right?  In the scene in the teaser where we see the long shot of debris field, how come there wasn't that much snow/ice coverage?  You'd think after 90 years there wouldn't be much visible.

Our female researcher moved the snow off the Borg like it had just fallen within the past few hours.  She and one of the other assistants decided to remove a cover from a unit giving off power readings.  Hello! Wouldn't the top have been frozen to the rest of the unit?

When Starfleet decided to investigate the research station, the crewman said they'd hadn't heard from them in 3 days.  3 days?  That was a minor irritant, but based on the amount of snow and ice build-up in the wrecked reasearch lab, you would think that after 90 years, the aforementioned debris would be visible spotty at best.

And one last question: "How did they discover the debris feild in the first place?"

Whew...there...I got that off my chest. Thanks for putting up with my ranting, but I had to ask someone!  :)

Stingray

Although I enjoyed the episode and liked the link with First Contact, I had some issues with it.

I had the same problems with Regeneration as you did.

I had some major issues with the lack of following proper protocols concerning the Borg wreckage and the Borg "bodies". No medical protocols were followed concerning the Borg themselves. The researchers had no idea what those creatures were, or what types of pathogens they carried. That alone should have kept the Borg under tight quarantine.

Phlox should have done the same with the new assimulatees. As the saying goes: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." (Should I have made that "A Gram of prevention...)

Despite that, I still enjoyed the episode.