Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Neighbors, Noisey or Nosey? ~

My neighbours are nosey and i'm noisey, thats what they get for moving in next to a teenager.

Drinking and drugging, mentally unstable neighbors are driving me crazy. I'm calling the police at least once a week now. It's progressively getting worse. It's Not just one neighbor, this is an apt. building with about 20 apts. Out of this there are probably 6 that are driving the rest of us nuts :frusty: I don't like being upset all the time by one or the other. It's like they take turns going bananas. If it isn't one couple fighting it's a wild party or little kids screaming or slamming doors so hard things fall off the walls. :o :frusty: doesn't sound so bad when I write it down but try living with it :o

Not like this. :frusty: This is way off the charts. I can take SOME noise, but when the building shakes, uh uh :helpsmilie: :frusty: :o

Sometimes people are noisy in the neighborhood, sometimes exceptionally quiet. Just depends on if someone has friends or family over, people arguing, kids playing, etc. Used to have a bunch of unruly and noisy, as well as nosey(yep one particular family was all three!) but they have since moved away. Noseyness is not so much of a problem, at least not that I can tell. Pretty much people keep to themselves......well, I take taht back, many children of the neighborhood are quite nosey.

My family, well we are a family of musicians/artists so not always a quiet bunch.

I have no problems with my neighbors. The area that I live in is very nice place to live.

Jeanway, have you talk to the apartment sup?

Edited by Odie

Not like this. :frusty: This is way off the charts. I can take SOME noise, but when the building shakes, uh uh  :helpsmilie:  :frusty:  :o

280516[/snapback]

Well, we all have our own homes. So the street is noisy. :o

that sucks.. i loved the neighborhood where i had my house in ny. it was quiet. i was the noisiest of the neighbors, and i was quiet. my neighbors loved me, and they were all older retired people. the neighborhood here aint bad either. so its all good. hope you can solve your dilema sometime sooner than later.

Thanks Matt. When it gets bad enough where I feel all my choices have been made FOR me, I'll move. :frusty: You can't fight the tide. You can but it'll kill ya. :frusty: :sadwalk:

I am polite to my neighbors. But I never get overly friendly. So I never let them into my business, and it therefore doesn't matter to me what they think.

No one on either of my streets is either nosey or noisey, I think. At Dad's house, we have like a nine house neighborhood on a steep hill with a bunch of trees so no one can see us. Everyone else is retired a grandparent. At Mom's, we... also live in the retirement section of the neighborhood. Go figure! It is this huge, flat, treeless place with about three million ponds and my school at one end.

... I miss Dad's place!! That was home for all my life and still is!! :lol:

Yes, I have both problems from time to time. Especially those neighbors who are extremely noisy. Others are a little nosey. Those that get too loud and drunk and they don't respect our property then we call the police. :frusty:

Thank you KayTroi :frusty: I have come to realize if they won't listen to MY reason I just have to call in the guys with the guns :angry: They have quieted down for a week now, all of them. There is an occasional flair-up, but it doesn't go on for hours like it used to.

I don't really have that problem now. Although when I was a kid growing up in kiwiland I lived next to a Maori family and when thay had a party, man well, let me say, the parties length was measured in days not hours.

Well, GREAT NEWS!!!! :nono: THEY ARE GETTING EVICTED!!!! :o I spoke to the owner of the building a little while ago. These were the WORST ones since they were right below me. :nono: Thank you Jesus :o :nono:

I live in a neighborhood that is "fireworks" happy ... it drives me insane. July 4 is one thing, but this goes on all summer long from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Every weekend over the summer, my husband has to get up on the roof and clean off the litter from the rockets exploding over my house. We call the cops, they won't do crap to enforce the law (I guess they are too busy setting "traps" for people who run one of the many useless stop signs in our community).

Also, we have a lunatic woman living at the end of the street who had a transient move in with her for several months. Since it wasn't his address, he wouldn't have been required to register as a sex-offender and we just plain didn't know anything about him. It was horrible. He is long gone however.

It would be better in some respects living in an apartment complex ... at least there is someone in charge who can evict morons. That's not so easy to do in a one-family residential area.

I guess that's good for you JW, congrats.

We lived in the same apt complex for a month shy of 12 years with no complaints about us nor have we had reason to complain, we're a tight-nit community always respectful of each others.

Now the adjoining complex is a different story; fights, noise, wandering pets, destructive kids and inconsiderate placement of trash remains a constant problem.