Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

Loose ends

Just curious here...are their any really obvious loose ends in DS9 or Voyager that were left without any explanation? I would have mentioned TNG, but I think they've only got Data to worry about. Thoughts?

Well, the latest movie ties up Data's story arc. I won't say anything for those who haven't seen the movie. :innocent:

Anyway, I allways like to have a few story arcs left open for the imagination and for future stories.

As far as one's that bug me?

Well... There's one big one: SISKO!

Just read this on another thread from Spork for those who are interested in what happend after Voyager got home:

Click for Spoiler:

i enjoyed endgame as well, and was one of those people who wanted them to make it home. but like you i also had a lot of questions. but if you wait for the upcoming voyager book, titled "Homecoming" it will answer all of your questions. on the simon and schuster website: http://www.simonsays.com you can read a chapter 1 excerpt from the book. it tells us that all the maquis will be given a general pardon providing they return to starfleet. they put up the entire chapter for us to read, so take a look and alot of questions are answered in that one short teaser from the book..

"Endgame", the final episode of Voyager, left nothing BUT loose ends. Sure, Voyager makes it back to the Alpha Quadrant, but WHAT THEN?? I have seen many threads on many message boards (including this one) regarding this. What happens to the Maquis? How does Seven of Nine adjust to life on Earth? Do Tom Paris and his father bury the hatchet? How does rebel Tom Paris adust to domestic life-being a husband and daddy-especially being married to a half Klingon woman? I know there is a book coming out soon which will answer alot of these questions, but I want to see it on film. Not necessarily in the theatre, either. Maybe a two hour TV movie-"Voyager on Earth"

I agree, I don't know where to start on the loose ends of VGR, it's always seemed like they just got to the seventh season and stopped, they really needed another year to wind it down.

As far DS9, the only one I have is Sisko.

Perhaps Paramount could greenlight a tv movie now and then to tie up loose ends? Here's some random ideas...

Kes returning home to liberrate her people.

Neelix adventure at the colony he lives on.

Voyager aftermath when they return home.

DS9 mini-series

Sisko's return

I could go on and on, but stories like these that people want to see. Why not do tv movies or mini-series? I think this would be an excellent idea!

I agree, I don't know where to start on the loose ends of VGR, it's always seemed like they just got to the seventh season and stopped, they really needed another year to wind it down.

As far DS9, the only one I have is Sisko.

i agree wholly, voyager ended way too fast to tie up loose ends, i would love to see a tv movie to see what happened afterwards. and i dont even like the show that much.

One thing that was left open at the end of DS9 is who becomes the next Kai. My vote is for Kai Kira or Kai Ro lol