Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Scott Peterson Convicted

GUILTY!

capt.ny11811122001.laci_peterson_ny118.jpg

Scott Peterson was found guilty of First Degree Murder for the murder of his wife Laci and second degree murder for the murder of their unborn child Connor. Special Circumstances were found in the case.

The next phase of the case will be the death penalty case.

GOOD :frusty: ***** CHASING ****** *******! :unsure:

Edited by Jeanway

Scott Peterson was found guilty of First Degree Murder for the murder of his wife Laci and second degree murder for the murder of their unborn child Connor. Special Circumstances were found in the case.

280220[/snapback]

Thank god

:unsure: Thank God! Maybe if this jury had been on the O.J. Simpson case another murderer would be behind bars!

Edited by BlueCrystal

Of course.  In a death penalty case an appeal is *automatic*.

280268[/snapback]

Yeah, and it should be if he gets Death. BUt even if he doesn't get Death there will be an appeal.

I'm not surprised by the verdict, I would've voted to convict as well despite all the purely circumstantial evidence, he hung himself with everything he said on the phone.

:frusty: Thank God!  Maybe if this jury had been on the O.J. Simpson case another murderer would be behind bars!

280267[/snapback]

Well, it is hardly comparable. In this case, the judge changed two jurors, and the jury, while subject to heavy media coverage, was not subject to what the OJ jury went through, both in terms of the media circus, and the incredible length of the OJ trial. OJ's jury was handled and treated very poorly while they were carrying out their duty, and were denigrated by the American press for being just regular people after the trial was over. The two situations are not comparable.

What bothers me is the why does it seem like men are killing their pregnant wives lately? It could just be media coverage, but there is another outstanding case, where the body of a murdered pregnant wife was found in a garbage dump. What's going on? Isn't divorce easy enough without taking someone'e life?

Some people just take the easy way out mj, so it appears. If they can get away with it. I guess they think it's worth the risk :frusty: Divorce is pretty rough on people too, and can get very messy from what I've observed. And with a baby on the way he'd have to pay child support, which obviously he didn't want to do. So now he has no money and soon no life either. Bad choice he made, huh? :frusty:

I feel so sorry for Laci's family ... they've had this trial to focus on for so long and now all they have is grief.

I just can't figure out why he just didn't leave her. I guess he didn't want to look bad to his family, her family, whoever. It's hard to imagine how someone could be so evil and look so much like the boy next door. Just scary. Mind-boggling.

I remember being pregnant ... there at the end, I was so clumsy and slow. Every time this case comes up, I cannot get the mental pictures out of my mind of the murder itself ... if she struggled, if she saw him coming and tried to get away from him. It just makes me nauseous ...

I feel sorry for his parents, too. I have a child and I cannot imagine how shocked and devastated I would be if Sam grew up and did something like this. I would stand by him, not to help him deny his guilt but to help him admit it and take responsbility for it. I am pro-death penalty, but it would be a horrible thing to watch your child be killed.

I just pray for all of them.