Sign in to follow this  
poguemahone

What are you watching

With the war, which news are you watching?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. With the war, which news are you watching?

• CNN
    • Fox News
    • MSNBC
    • BBC
    • Sky News
    • CBC
    • CBS
    • ABC
    • Internet Only
    • Other

Which coverage are you watching, and how do you rate them.

NOTE: Being as though i live in America, Most of the choices are American News Companys, but i tried to include as many as i can remember outside the US. And included the internet if your using that to watch and get your info from that, or Other, and if you chose other could you please tell me which one your watching, thanks.

For me i've had my televison on CNN

CBC!!! I'm Canadian, and I think the CBC has way better news then both Fox and CNN combined. Yay! Go Canada! Lol.

CBC!!! I'm Canadian, and I think the CBC has way better news then both Fox and CNN combined. Yay! Go Canada! Lol.

I like the CBC too, but that one guy whose name i can't remember, he has that bald head, he just reminds me of a bald Tom Brokaw. Anyway for the record IMO the BBC is the best, but i only get BBC America so we get just the 1/2 hour World News thing :)

I really just scan around to see if any news station has anything new. It's often just a lot of filler material.

I really just scan around to see if any news station has anything new.  It's often just a lot of filler material.

There is the reply I have been waiting for to follow!popworm.gif

Me to, I scan them all looking for the best coverage.

I like the CBC too, but that one guy whose name i can't remember, he has that bald head, he just reminds me of a bald Tom Brokaw. Anyway for the record IMO the BBC is the best, but i only get BBC America so we get just the 1/2 hour World News thing :blink:

I think you are talking about Peter Mansbridge.

You cannot beat the CBC for news.

With the war going on it is incredibly difficult to find a place where it is not being discussed. Give you an example, I went to work today. ..and in a playground I walked past two eight year old children (one being a student of mine) discussing what they heard and saw on the news and radio about the war and what they think. 8-YEAR OLDS! Personally, I tend to catch the updates on the radio more than anywhere else. Plus the coverage only is on the top of the hour, unless something major occurs. So one doesn't get too bogged down with every little detail. Yes I am concerned, after all, I am the daughter of a retired disabled veteran! It's just that I have other things going on in my life and don't dwell on some subjects very long.

I agree Y_S, seems every time I watch the news about it, it raises more questions than it answers ultimately causing me to become angry over the whole thing.

To be honest, I have not listened to a thing any celeb has had to say about it. They should all shut up and be actors not politicians, imo.

To be honest, I have not listened to a thing any celeb has had to say about it. They should all shut up and be actors not politicians, imo.

Here, here on that one. Or actually make them have to join the draft and be put on the frontline! I know that is harsh to some, but then . . .there are people we know that are already on the frontline dying to protect freedom (and that does include freedom of speech- the same freedom the celebs are using like a weapon!). A co-worker of mine's husband is either already on the frontline or is getting ready to be deployed there. And the Oscars, I watched them, but was really ripped when Michael Moore started his little "Hey, I am on my little soapbox, so now I'll do my thing!" That was neither the time nor the place to do that!

I get my news coverage on the war on terrorism from many sources...the internet,local newspapers,CNN,Fox News,etc.

i usealy only watch the news for the weather as the news is so depressing but when I watch the local news the 11pm is almost the same as the 6am but when I do want to see something about the war I watch cnn.

im in Oz...and im with Channel 9, Channel 10, Channel 7 and the Australian Broadcasting Company are our main news providers.

but we get the big "live" coverages from CNN...its pretty good

I get most of my news from the newspaper,the radio,or the internet.We have one television here at home,and it is usually set on Angel One,PAX,TBN,or some similar religious-oriented programming.My parents watch the tv the majority of the time.Which is fine with me.I have only a few shows that I like,and don't care much for tv (with the exception of these shows),anyway.I'm a bigger fan of radio.

I get the majority of my news from my Yahoo homepage on the internet....

I spend between 45-minutes or an hour a day just reading news stories off the Reuters and AP newswires.I like to read a lot of international news.Here in the states,we really don't get a lot of world news unless American interests are involved somehow.

I watch PBS mostly right now, the News Hour with Jim Lehrer. I watch it because they put the pictures of the young men and women who are killed, and I don't want to forget or get casual about young people dying.:P

I also read news from my home page, and occasionally the networks.

I do not watch complete newcasts everyday, however. I take breaks from the news.....