Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

What's The Saddest Moment In Star Trek History?

What do you think is the saddest that has happened on any of the tv series or movies? Spock's death? Data's death? Lal's death? Enterprise blowing up? When's the saddest you have ever been when you were watching Star Trek? For me it will always be the death of Spock. I tear up even know when I watch it and know that they will bring him back. Data's death was sad, but I always felt it happened too fast. I didn't start to tear up until the crew gathered and shared their memories of when they first met Data.

Sad/Happy was when Voyager returned to Earth. I was happy :unsure: for them but sad :blink: at the same time because I knew that was the end of the series.

For me it was Spock's Death in TWOK("temporary though")Jadzia's Death by Gul Dukat with the help of the PaRaiths inside him Don't recall Seeing Wesley in Nemesis saw Guinan though at the wedding Reception and was Sad that Data died fast in Nemesis but brave Hero saving the Ship.

:unsure: :blink: :o :wacko:

For me the saddest thing in Trek was when the original Enterprise was destroyed in Trek III. It had been our constant companion for all those years and just like that ....it was gone

Data's death was horrible. I knew it was going to happen but it didn't prepare me for it. My mother went to see Nemesis with me a couple of times and she cried too.

Lal's death always has me in tears as does Lwaxana Troi's pain in Dark Page.

Well, I just thought of an even sadder one. October 24, 1991, the day Gene Roddenberry died. :unsure:

For me the saddest thing in Trek was when the original Enterprise was destroyed in Trek III. It had been our constant companion for all those years and just like that ....it was gone

279574[/snapback]

Ditto. For me that scene in Star Trek III was one of the most powerful for a fan at the time.

Well, I just thought of an even sadder one. October 24, 1991, the day Gene Roddenberry died. :o

279600[/snapback]

I remember that day vividly. :unsure:

I just noticed that Star Trek has so many sad moments.

279619[/snapback]

So true. I'm going with Data. Not to minimize any other in story death but I had the most emotional attachment to him (next to Kirk Spock and Jadzia.) Spock did come back and Kirk may come back and I hated the way Jadzias death was played but Data is truly gone. :blink:

there are a lot of sad moments in Star Trek. I don't remember the names of the episodes or what the peoples names are (it's been a while) but two other sad Trek episodes are:

On TNG when Diana Troi's mom feel in love with man that was going home to be put to death just because it's his people's tradition that they commit suicide when they reach the age of 60. Very sad how they beg for his life.

and the other episode that is sad is on Voyager when they are shipping prisoners back to their planet to be executed and one of the prisoners is beat up by the security and has to be operated on. He gets an implant in his head and begins to regret all he has done to hurt people and becomes friends with 7of9. Late in the episode when a jail break happens he helps secure the prisoners. They also make a plea to the family of the person he killed if he can be set free because he has turned a new leaf, but they don't accept his apology.

both of those episodes were very sad :unsure:

Edited by Gamera

Spock's Death

The Enterprise's Destruction

Don't know the name-not a huge TNG fan - the episode where Troi finds out she had a sister. I'll watch that ep anytime

I still haven't seen Jadzia's death, although I have had the DVD for months. If I don't watch it - it didn't happen. Ditto the series finale

Honorable mentions for touching moments:

Enabran Tain's death

The Admiral's defense of Starfleet policy when it comes to genetic enhancements

I know there are others I'll think of later...

There's so many sad episodes, but if I should mention one; I'll mention the episode "Drone".

It was very sad at the ending there One died. :unsure: I really did like him. :blink:

:o

Guest Ktrek

One of my favorite episodes of Voyager is "Tuvix". Tom Wright who plays Tuvix does an excellent job. However, this to me is one of the saddest moments in Star Trek when Janeway makes the decision that Tuvix MUST die so that Tuvok and Neelix can live even though Tuvix was now a fully integrated member of the crew and self aware and did not want to die. Yet Janeway condemned him to death. Very thought provoking episode!

Kevin

Edited by Ktrek