Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Through the looking glass, and beyond

Scenario:

The I.S.S. Excelsior entered a temporal rift that was believed to have been caused by the destruction of I.S.S. Enterprise when it was hijacked in order to go to the Genesis planet. The Excelsior crew discover themselves in the future, a future in which the Cardassians and Klingons have formed an alliance that proves all but fatal to the Terrans.

Most of the Excelsior crew are dead, including the entire bridge crew. The senior officer, barely a lieutenant (junior grade), has been forced into the captain's seat. He has also been forced to push aside the Terran Empire's former method of promotion through execution (as well as convince his crew to do the same) in order to survive, and to fight in order to free the Terran slaves from the oppression of the Cardassian/Klingon alliance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Captain's Log: Stardate, unknown.

Many of the ship's crew are dead, including the captain, first officer, and all senior officers. I am unsure what happened, but I find myself in command, as I am the highest ranking officer alive. As I am the highest ranking officer at the rank of Lieutenant j.g., that means that the rest of the crew is lacking experience.

In this strange time, the once-mighty Terran Empire has been destroyed. The Klingons, along with a race called the Cardassians, has conquered the Terrans completely, and now hold human men and women as slaves.

We have been fortunate enough to encounter a small group of Terran freedom fighters. They have given us safe harbor. Or, should I say, a harbor as safe as possible.

Their equipment is limited. They utilize small fast-attack craft to rush in and raid outposts and ships, but their craft are unable to sustain combat for more than several minutes. The Excelsior is now the largest and most powerful ship among them. Unfortunately, its technology is at least 75 years behind the Klingons and Cardassians.

We have hopes that attacks on individual patrol ships or outposts can yield to us better technology, with which we can prove a better fighting force.

This Terran rebellion is not our fight, but we have been forced into it. It seems that our survival now depends on it. May success follow our ventures.

Captain's log, approximate Stardate: 53649.5.

The Terran rebels have embraced us with open arms. Over the past couple days they've given us a full supply of modern photon torpedoes from a recently hijacked shipment. Our old torpedoes will be spread out among several cargo ships for defensive purposes. We are also in the process of replacing two of our phaser banks with stolen Cardassian phasers. Though the technology of the Excelsior and this Cardassian technology is dissimilar, the rebel technicians believe that adaptation should be rather flawless, with only a minor loss of power usage due to energy convertion. We will conduct tests within 48 hours. We will also have to make due with our remaining phaser banks and shields until we can steal better technology. Our engineers have an idea to relocate a number of phaser banks so that banks would be paired, producing twice the fire-power together than single banks produce. The whole process will take about a week, but it will give us a better chance for survival.

On a bitter note, our Trans-warp drive is non-functional. Apparently several key components were removed, presumably prior to Admiral Kirk's attempted theft of the Enterprise.

We will be meeting later today will the leaders of the Terran rebellion. As my crew is inexperienced, and the Terrans of this time are unfamiliar with the workings of Excelsior, I will be asked to be put on scout patrol until everyone is up to speed.

On a personal note, this is my first command, and I've been thrust into it under less than ideal circumstances. I just hope I'll serve this ship well.

Edited by wishfire

I am sorry WF if i am a little Offtopic on this one but when i saw your topictitle i had to think inmidiatly at my fav. Rock band TOTO

they made a CD with the same name

post-948-1100037385.jpg

I am sorry WF if i am a little Offtopic on this one but when i saw your topictitle i had to think inmidiatly at my fav. Rock band TOTO

279302[/snapback]

I've never heard of them. What kind of music do they do?

Captain's Log: Stardate 53651.7.

The first set of tests on the Cardassian phasers went as planned. The expected energy loss was less than we had at first anticipated. The phaser bank relocation is well underway. And my remaining crew is training the rebel recruits with relative ease.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the transwarp core. Without the missing peices, it's completely useless to us. Sadly, all plans for the core were either at the shipyards, or the starbase. Then again, with time we might be able to figure out how to create new peices that will work.

I have one problem looming ahead. I heard that the rebels are seeking to replace me as captain of this ship. They want someone who has combat experience to be in command. That's understandable, but their largest fighting ship has a crew of only 5 people. The Excelsior is crewed by over 400. While I am willing to have an executive officer who's had combat experience, I feel that I am the most capable commander of a ship this size, and I fight fight to keep command. I'm afraid that if we try to leave and make it on our own, the rebels on board will attack and take this ship by force. I cannot allow that.

I'll have to figure out what to do, and I'm going to have to do it quickly.

Captain's Log: Stardate 53657.6:

As I feared, the rebel command tried to replace me as commander of the Excelsior. We did argue for some time, but we came to an agreeable decision. I will remain in command, as I have the most experience commanding a ship this size. As my second officer, the rebels assigned to me a Commander Surick, a Vulcan who has had a good amount of combat experience. While I would have prefered a human second officer, I do value the Vulcans' ability to remain cool and collected during times of extreme stress. I look forward to Surick's help.

On another note, I have given the rebels the exact specifications of our spacedocks. While they are capable of building a ship no more advance than and Excelsior-class, starship, with modern technology they should be able to make the proper alterations to build up-to-date ships. From what I understand, they will be building Excelsior-class-based ships with modern phaser and warp-core technology to begin with, and then research more capable ships. Fortunately, this area that the rebel inhabit, the Badlands, contains numerous planets that are rich in resources. Within a couple months they should have a fleet large enough to properly defend them. Several months after that, they will be able to mount an effective offensive strike.

I've studied the intelligence these rebels recieve. One thing that intrigues me is that they have found a way to send small ships into an alternate universe, a mirror of our own, in which the Empire, in the form of the United Federation of Planets, is still strong. According to this information, there is a wormhole near station Terrok Nor that links this quadrant of the galaxy to the Gamma Quadrant. In this mirror universe, the Federation had a war with an empire knwon as the Dominion. I think that maybe if we initiated contact with the Dominion of this universe, they'd attempt to conquer the Alpha Quadrant. This Dominion would have a better chance of success. According to the information on the mirror universe, the chief of security on their Terrok Nor was infected with a deadly virus that was spread to the rest of the Dominion's leaders, the Founders. On this side, this "Chengeling," as they call him, is dead. And the people who made the virus are all slaves. If this Dominion conquers the Alpha Quadrant while we hide and build our forces, we have a chance of taking the Dominion by surprise. Then again, they might become too strong on our side.

I see only one other alternative. The Romulans. They have proven to be strong enough to keep this Klingon/Cardassian alliance at bay, and strong enough to protect their borders. If we can form an alliance with the Romulans, these Terran rebels will have a safe havenm to build up their own fleet and strike into Alliance territory. This would gain territory for both the Terrans and the Romulans. And the Romulans, while distrustful of the humans of my own time, absolutely detest the Klingons.

The rebels have brought up several other ideas, but none seem to be useful. I will bring my ideas to the rebel command. Then we will discuss and choose the best course of action.

279302[/snapback]

I've never heard of them. What kind of music do they do?

279783[/snapback]

Look at this site, and all your questions will be awnserd

(i will not go off-topic on this topic anymore :lol: )

www.toto99.com

Edited by ILIKESEVEN

question: this is set in the mirror universe, yes? what about the struggle to make Seven overseer?

'nother q: you won't get this unless you've read 'dark passions'. lotsa info there. you can ask me anything.

that sounds weird. sorry for this festive interjection.