Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

The movie: "Ray"

I don't know how many of you were fans of Ray Charles. But if you are interested in a very powerful, moving story, and an excellent movie............one that I would even recommend for a family........see "Ray." It is one of the best movie that I have ever seen. I sincerely hope that Jamie Fox will be nominated for his depiction of Ray Charles. The making of this movie began when Ray Charles was still alive. And he was very much involved in the casting and directing of the content...............I hope many of you will go to see it....... I would love to hear your comments afterwards.

You've got me convinced. I normally do not go to the theater....I ususally wait till a movie is out on video or dvd. But I plan to make an exception and go see this one!

I've never been a fan of Ray Charles (His talent is undeniable, he's just not my listening style) but from what I've seen, it looks like an excellent movie. I have been seriously considering seeing it. Maybe this weekend...

This reply is to both MJ and Wishfire........believe me neither of you will be disappointed, if you rush out this weekend and see this movie. :flex: Whether you were ever into his music or not.........it's the story in the movie that is so inspirational.............I purchase very few movies. But when this one comes out on DVD......I will be in line to buy it. :hug::hug::hug::hug::flex:

This reply is to both MJ and Wishfire........believe me neither of you will be disappointed, if you rush out this weekend and see this movie. :o   Whether you were ever into his music or not.........it's the story in the movie that is so inspirational.............I purchase very few movies.  But when this one comes out on DVD......I will be in line to buy it. :lol:  :o  B)  B)  :o

277740[/snapback]

I rushed out to see it...a very real film that allowed us to see the burdens, struggles, and sins of someone who created some of the most memorable songs around. The movie is "still on my mind." (:rolleyes: Forgive me ... I could not resist.)

Click For Spoiler
I was not disappointed. A very rich film.

Very good movie, I'll watch it a couple times just for the music. Jamie Fox as Ray is very convincing, he has the look the feel of Ray and makes me believe I'm really watching Ray Charles.

I'd have to think about taking my 10 year old to see it in the movies (if I had a 10 year old) simply because of the drug abuse and adultery but I'd take my 15 year old (if I had a 15 year old).