Sign in to follow this  
Lursa

Cardassian Langugae

I really would love to learn about their langauge. Just like Klingon, it must take forever to learn lol

Lursa

Has to be easier to learn than English.

When I spent some time in Ukraine studying,one of my teachers was fluent in five different languages (Ukrainian,Russian,German,French,and English.....she was in the process of learning Mandarin-Chinese)...and she used to tell me that English was much harder to learn than other languages.

Really? I tried learning Spanish, it was hard for me so then I started picking up Trek Languages and they are much easier to me, well then again, being trekkie it should be alot easier lol.

I can see how English can be hard

words like tear and tear are spelled the same but sound different and mean different things

and words like cool means more than one thing

From what I can see the language seems to have been extrapilated and developed from the symbols we have seen representing their written language. It seems to have been essentially created therefore by a man named Frank Miller, what qualifications or associations he has to do this I don't know but it's there nonetheless.

The language as you were correct in saying has not been spoken in Star Trek, as far as I can presently recall, so I don't think it will be of any relevance to the show itself, it's just for the language fans.