Sign in to follow this  
Surax

Klingon Ridges

Here's an interesting idea. We know that in TOS, the Klingons hate the Federation and they have no ridges. What if Soong creates some kind of genetic mutation in Klingons that makes them loose their ridges? They are so pissed off that they start the hostilities towards Humanity that lasts, as the trailer says, "for generations".

It makes sense, no?

Sounds like a good idea to me, because as Worf says, they don't like to talk about it and that would be a good reason why Klingons don't want to talk about it.

It is consistent with the fact that Soong is a master at genetic manipulation, but how would such mutations take hold fast enough to transform the whole race? Even the Augments represent a miniscule portion of humanity.

Interesting idea. I think if they modified a virus with the mutated gene and managed to disperse it globally - it would probably affect the entire population in a couple of generations. Then I guess they'd have to get a scientist to recreate the original dna?

I have heard many other theories. There are some pretty good theories out there.

Interesting idea.  I think if they modified a virus with the mutated gene and managed to disperse it globally - it would probably affect the entire population in a couple of generations.  Then I guess they'd have to get a scientist to recreate the original dna?

276924[/snapback]

Or it could have worn off after some time. Weren't there several characters (if I'm not mistaken) from TOS that appeared on DS9, complete with ridges?

Even if it's a temporary thing, it's still enough to anger a bunch of Klingons. I mean, I know I'd be fuming if someone managed to genetically alter me and my family to turn orange for a few weeks, never mind decades!

I have heard many other theories. There are some pretty good theories out there.

276925[/snapback]

What are these other theories?

276925[/snapback]

What are these other theories?

276962[/snapback]

Well, I've seen several others, such as that the Klingons have conquered many different species within their territory, and so the Klingons we see in TOS are just one of those conquered species.

Interesting idea.  I think if they modified a virus with the mutated gene and managed to disperse it globally - it would probably affect the entire population in a couple of generations.  Then I guess they'd have to get a scientist to recreate the original dna?

276924[/snapback]

Hmm........that makes sense. I wonder...now I'll be really watching!