Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

U.S.S. Prometheus NX-59650

I absolutely LOVE this ship. One of the best designs, interior and out. This very well could be the successor to the Constellation-class ship. And the multi-vector assualt mode is maybe one of the best defenses Starfleet could have. Just my little opinion.

I've seen pictures of the Cheyene-class. It looks like a small Galaxy-class-type saucer with this funky engine thing in the back with 4 curved engine pylons coming with engines attached. It looked like a TNG-era Constellation-class ship. However, since this ship design was never featured in an episode, should we say that the Prometheus is a successor to the Constellation and not the Cheyene?

I liked the fact that it was very capable of defending its self. I mean, if the Romulans wanted their hands on it, you know it had to be a good ship.

:rolleyes: Need to see the schematics (sorry if spelled wrong) for it and the finshed product before I can decipher on whether I like it or not. :rolleyes:

This is my all time favourite ship and i'm a big fan of ships! I named myself here after the thing so that is how big the impression it had on me was. K

:laugh: Need to see the schematics (sorry if spelled wrong) for it and the finshed product before I can decipher on whether I like it or not. :laugh:

Click for Spoiler:

prometheus5.jpg

prometheus.jpg

prometheus2.jpg

prometheus3.jpg

prometheus4.jpg

prom-neb.jpg

prom-neb2.jpg

NOTE: It's attacking another Starfleet ship becuase it was hijacked by aliens. :laugh:

Also, go here!

Guest Ktrek

I love the arrowhead design of this ship but it looks more alien than Federation in origin. In my opinion it looks threatening and more battle like and I always got the impression that Federation ships tried to intentionally have a non-aggressive feel.

Ktrek

I love the arrowhead design of this ship but it looks more alien than Federation in origin. In my opinion it looks threatening and more battle like and I always got the impression that Federation ships tried to intentionally have a non-aggressive feel.

Ktrek

From the episode "Message in a Bottle", I was under the impression it was designed to be a new breed of deep space combat ships to stop alien threats from reaching the Federation. It also looks like a replacement for the aging Constellation-class. Wasn't that a deep space combat ship as well?

:laugh: Need to see the schematics (sorry if spelled wrong) for it and the finshed product before I can decipher on whether I like it or not. :clap:

Click for Spoiler:

prometheus5.jpg

prometheus.jpg

prometheus2.jpg

prometheus3.jpg

prometheus4.jpg

prom-neb.jpg

prom-neb2.jpg

NOTE: It's attacking another Starfleet ship becuase it was hijacked by aliens. :lol:

Also, go here!

That's a good looking ship, killer ability's to.

Such an awesome looking ship..Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't this the vessel that can split into 3 seperate ships..?..I love the arrowhead design and I do believe this could be a great replacement for the Constitution Class vessels..By the way which series is "Message from a Bottle" from?..I haven't seen every episode of every series yet...

Well, I allways saw it as a successor to the aging Constellation-class, not the Constitution-class. Yes, it's the one that splits into 3 ships, each with it's own set of warp nacelles. The saucer even has 2 tiny nacelles that fold out! :laugh: As for which series? Voyager

Yes..Thanks..I did meant to say Constellation class...Sure you did spacetigger.. :laugh: .Voyager huh?..Haven't seen too many of those episodes..Starting to watch them 1 a week on Sunday. That's when they show them here..Thanks again!

Yes, I did mean which series.. Thanks..Some day they'll sell Voyager seasons on DVD. Until then I'm forced to watch it on TV 1 time a week...

Great design.But I think I'm an explorer at heart,not a fighter.I like science vessels like the Oberth,Nova,etc.Of course,if you happen to have a pack of screaming Breen on your rear end,you'd want to be on the bridge of a firecracker like Prometheus. :laugh:

The Prometheus's architecture could be altered to make it a science ship. Imagine, you could have 3 deflector dishes going at one time from different angles for a scientific purpose.

As for fighting purposes it is a great idea. In "Best of Both Worlds" it worked fantastic against the Borg with the stardrive (a.k.a. battle section) and the saucer section. Sometimes fighting is the only logical course of action. There is nothing wrong with self-defense.

I also liked how two sections had warp capability. Image if saucer sections had those. Additionally, it would be wise for ships to have secondary warp cores, in case something happens to the main one. They always lose it in Voyager.

As for the Alien-ish design kTrek. I don't think it is very alien. Besides, thats a matter of perspective. Kirk would have thought the Enterprise-E looked alien. And I'm sure we'd all agree that the Federation Timeship Relativity is very alien like. But designs evolve.

In the spoiler below are pictures of the Enterprise, the Enterprise-E, and the Relativity respectively, for reference purposes.

Click for Spoiler:

320x240.jpgmov_st_009_splash.jpg320x240.jpg

In my opinion it's the best ship starfleet ever made, it's fast, combat ready, splits up into 3 sections, carries an average ST crew, and has the most streamlined shape, out of all the ST ships.

Yes I would rather have an explorer but I'd want one with some punch in case the baddies arive. The Enterprise is a good example. Small science vessels are not ships that I would want to command. If one of those ended up in the Delta quad like Voy they would have no chance. In fact I think the Equinox was a small science vessel. They didn't do so well compared to Voyager. They didn't even last 7 years let alone 23 that Voyager initially managed... and tehy never had to deal with the borg.

Beautiful, beautiful ship. I love the ship and also that it tells us the those StarFleet admirals haven't been sitting on their arses and have actualy designed something. I can see this ship being mass produced in the future as the ultimate StarFleet ship.

I liked this ship so much that I'm designing a Poseidon class ship which incorporates some of the design specifications. (in my story, the design of the Posiedon class came from an offshoot of the project that created the Prometheus...)

The Equinox was not intended for sustained interstellar travel. It was meant for traversing solar systems and was a very low key research vessel.