Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

Which series will be next in line?

Which series is next in line to be made into a movie?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which series is next in line to be made into a movie?

• Original series
    • Next Generation
    • Deep Space 9
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • One where Q comes and transports them all into one timeline

I really want to see tng again to make more of a closing, but I guess that will never happen :laugh: ....

I think it would be really cool to have something with Q...I don't what exactly, but it would make a really funny movie if Q was part of it, and I guess it could be a way of bringing more than one series in to the movie...probably not all of them, definatley ds9 and and it ever happens maybe tng...

I say TNG. I will not rest until Data is back, safe and sound (although, maybe they could somehow fit this into a DS9 plot?)

I say TNG. I will not rest until Data is back, safe and sound (although, maybe they could somehow fit this into a DS9 plot?)

Same here!!

I really want to see tng again to make more of a closing, but I guess that will never happen :rolleyes: ....

Never say never, especially in Trek.

I voted DS9 too, and I don't see why they couldn't bring Data back in that context. Heck, if they can manage the return of Sisko and recover Data at the same time, I'd be happy!!!

I nulled my vote.

TOS - The Undiscovered Country was the last TOS movie.

TNG - Nemesis was the last TNG movie.

DS9 - This series didn't fair well enough to warrant a movie.

VOY - This series didn't fair well enough to warrant a movie.

ENT - This is still the current series, why do a movie when it can be based on another story?

Q - Well... Q's cool and all, but he'd make an aweful movie.

For now, the only movie option I see is a mixed cast! :rolleyes:

I nulled my vote.

ENT - This is still the current series, why do a movie when it can be based on another story?

Q - Well...  Q's cool and all, but he'd make an aweful movie.

For now, the only movie option I see is a mixed cast! :rolleyes:

Captain, I disagree with almost everything you said!!! You don't KNOW that Nemesis will be the last TNG movie.

I think either Voyager or DS9 could do well at the box office.

They did an X-Files movie while the show was still on, so why not Enterprise? (Although I find this highly unlikely.)

And I think Q is great, would make a wonderful movie character and I don't know why it hasn't been done already!!! :rolleyes:

I don't think a mixed-cast is the ONLY option, but it definitely is an option!

I nulled my vote.

Q - Well...  Q's cool and all, but he'd make an aweful movie.

For now, the only movie option I see is a mixed cast! :P

Captain, I disagree with almost everything you said!!! You don't KNOW that Nemesis will be the last TNG movie.

I think either Voyager or DS9 could do well at the box office.

They did an X-Files movie while the show was still on, so why not Enterprise? (Although I find this highly unlikely.)

And I think Q is great, would make a wonderful movie character and I don't know why it hasn't been done already!!! :rolleyes:

I don't think a mixed-cast is the ONLY option, but it definitely is an option!

OK, so maybe TNG could crank out one last movie. I just don't want it to end with everyone old and Picard with a cane, know what I mean? :rolleyes:

As for DS9 and VOY, it's certainly possible, but I read that Berman would rather make a movie using varrious characters from at least 2 of the Trek shows.

As for ENT, why do a movie based on the current series when there are so many other stories to tell?

Q - I guess this is just a matter of how much ya like him. I loved seeing him show up now and then, but he seems to powerful for a movie to work for me.

Guess I should have said that I think a mixed cast movie is the best option and not the only one. ;)

I really want to see tng again to make more of a closing, but I guess that will never happen :rolleyes: ....

I voted DS9 too, and I don't see why they couldn't bring Data back in that context. Heck, if they can manage the return of Sisko and recover Data at the same time, I'd be happy!!!

(Picard doesn't have to have a cane! How far in the future are you expecting this movie would take place?)

That WOULD be good, although I still stick with my 2 more TNGs AND THEN we can move on to DS9, and bring Sisko back, etc.

That WOULD be good, although I still stick with my 2 more TNGs AND THEN we can move on to DS9, and bring Sisko back, etc.

Ok, I can live with that. :rolleyes:

(Picard doesn't have to have a cane! How far in the future are you expecting this movie would take place?)

Well, if Patrick Stewart gets any older, by the time the next Trek movie happens, he just might be old enough to need one! :rolleyes:

Also, 2 more TNG's and then a DS9 movie? By the time we get to a 3rd movie from now, ENT will be ready to do a movie.

Hmm... I wonder what's gonna happen with the future of the movies.

As much as I would like to see TNG again it seems less and less likely that it will actually happen. We have Stewart saying “No” and other negative signs. I really wish that they would do another TNG movie and (hopefully) would give a good end to this great series. I don’t think ST10 has done TNG justice. It had a good concept, but I don’t think that it was executed well. That alone (the excitation) made it not such a great movie (IMHO).

I can see a DS9 movie on the big screen, but one thing is for certain I want the next movie to be more brains then guns.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Guest Ktrek

I did not vote for the above because I really believe that Paramount wants a completely NEW series and so the next will be all new or mostly new charcters.

Ktrek

DS9 ALL THE WAY. DS9 was/is the best series with ENT in a close second(of course this is after TOS, but thats not an option). VOYAGER left nothing for a movie, and in my opinion was not a good series in anyway. so it wouldnt be a good movie, but i want to see more of DS9, i wasnt done with that show when it ended, maybe with some cast from TNG, or someone from VOYAGER, but not a VOYAGER movie.

DEEP SPACE NINE THE MOVIE

:laugh::laugh:;):laugh::laugh::laugh::hand: :P :) :bow::bow::bow::bow:

Guest Ktrek

I think it's unlikely that we will get a Voyager or DS9 movie since Paramount gave permission to Pocket Books to do the relaunch books. They would have to come up with something that will keep the relaunch continuity or they will really tic the fans off. The relaunch DS9 series has been some of Pocket Books biggest sellers ever. If they took the concept for Avatar and did a movie of it I think that would be awsome. I still think the upper ups are pushing Berman for a new cast. In fact I read somwhere that they resisted doing Nemesis because of that fact but Bermann and Spiner sold them on the story.

Ktrek

I can deal with not having a DS9 or VOY movie, both series got a spectacular finale, so we know how the stories ended.

However, I think bringing in a new cast for the next movie or group of movies would defeat the point of making a Trek movie. I would much rather prefer established characters.

Paramount were pushing for a new cast, but Berman sold them on Nemesis, so we got another TNG movie. However, since Nemesis bombed in theaters, I highly doubt Paramount will spend the cash on another TNG movie.

It seems that only tv shows that are a mass success get made into movies. Since neither DS9 nor VOY were a mass success beyond the Trekkie relm, I don't expect either series to get a movie. TV movies though, now there's an idea! :laugh:

Anyway, I think the best bet would be to come up with a story line, then choose the characters that fit that story. It'd also be nice to see the Enterprise-E in action one last time. Perhaps Picard is promoted to Admiral in his old age and transfers Riker to the Enterprise? Just imagine the look on Riker's face! :laugh:

but who wants a movie based on books. ive never even seen, much less read any of the books. how can they make a new cast for a movie, when we've never seen them to get into their characters? going with whats already there is the only way to go for most of us, and majority does rule, last i knew.especially if your still gonna try to get the occasional trek liker, or avid movie goer. at least they'll know DS9, or even, ech, VOYAGER, for that matter. but not something unheard of. IMO

:laugh:Well, Although I voted Voyager; I truly believe it will be a combination movie with character's from two or more series. I believe this because the last movie was not a big box office attraction. And I think they will want to do something different and very creative to bring about curiosity, draw attention and draw the crowds. :laugh: :borg: :laugh:

Besides, even the people that aren't Trekkies... Doesn't Paramount think they'd flock to see a mixed cast Trek movie, just to see who's in it and how they mix up the characters? I deffinately know non-Trekkers who'd love to see how that'd be done. :laugh:

DS9 becaus think about it

TOS no whats left to tell about

TNG NO they lost data,riker,troi

VOY no janeway is an admeril plus they are home

DS9 possably but whos left on the station (i didn't see the ending)

ENT no the sierese didn't end

DS9 becaus think about it

TOS no whats left to tell about

TNG NO they lost data,riker,troi

VOY no janeway is an admeril plus they are home

DS9 possably but whos left on the station (i didn't see the ending)

ENT no the sierese didn't end

TOS - Right, it ended.

TNG - True, it ended, which included the loss of Data along with the departure of Riker & Troi.

DS9 - We were left with Kira, Bashir, Ezri, Quark, and Jake on the station. Sisko's in the wormhole, Odo returned to his people, O'Brien's teaching at Starfleet Acadamy, and Worf's back on the Enterprise.

VOY - They got home.

ENT - Current series.

In my opinion, this leaves us one option - mixed cast :laugh: