Sign in to follow this  
KayTroi

Cmdr. Charles 'Trip' Tucker III

:laugh:I think Cmdr. Tucker is a good guy but he can sometimes be too stubborn for his own good. :laugh:

:laugh: Please reply, I am a new member and I would like to know what you think.

Hi KayTroi, Trips great I love the character.

You should post on the new members bord so that every body knows who your are

Trip is a great character. I think he tends to speak his mind a little to freely though at times, not that he should't but maybe he could find a more diplomatic way of phrasing things, but this is what has made me love this character, so I don't really want them to change it.

I love him. I like his easy going character and i find his outspokeness an asset, plus he's damn sexy. Mods: Can we have a drool smilie please. :laugh:

Really interesting character. Good ole' southern boy on the outside, but on the inside? There's a lot more going on there than we've gotten to see, yet. I'm really looking forward to watching his growth.

I think he is a great and interesting character.. He is not very open-minded though, thinks of things to much in the term of right and wrong, it will be interesting to see him grow through the series!

Really interesting character.  Good ole' southern boy on the outside, but on the inside?  There's a lot more going on there than we've gotten to see, yet.  I'm really looking forward to watching his growth.

Southern boy on the outside ... Southern Gentleman on the inside. I think episodes like Stigma where he refused Feazel's attention because "he didn't believe in fooling around with another man's wife" shows that Trip has a strong sense of personal morality. That is part of his appeal to me - that he has principles that he lives by. He also showed that in Desert Crossing when he told the Captain..."I never take another man's water." He is the kind of man that would stand his ground in battle.

I also feel Trip is the most human character in the ST pantheon. He's far from perfect and sometimes crosses the line with his impulsive editorials but OMG his words are priceless. In some ways he reminds me of Tom Paris - he enjoys life. Tom had his holodec programs - Trip pushes movie night.

About the only thing that seems out of place is the harmonica - it just doesn't seem to fit for me. He strikes me more as the kind of kid whose mother made him take piano lessons and practice every day when he was dying to go outside and get into mischief. He's still kind of like that; he's developed the discipline to be a Star Fleet officer but in his heart he still wants to go outside and play.

Yes, I know I'm talking about a fictional character. CT has done a great job of blending boyish charm, homespun humor and a resourceful engineer into a charming, compelling star-fleet ofiicer. He might fit into Kirk's Enterprise but it's hard to imagine him on Picard's Enterprise. I loved TNG but thinking about it now I realize everyone there was so polished, so homogenized. Trip is my favorite in case you hadn't noticed.

I rather like him, KayTroi, and welcome to the board. :laugh: That's not to say that the character is perfect or beyond reproach, but there's just something about the way Trinneer plays Trip that earns him sympathy in spite of his impulsiveness and flaws. In the hands of another actor I'm not sure Tucker would be as likable.

Trip is my favorite character precisely because of his contradictions. I wanted to throttle him for interfering in "Cogenitor" when he had no authority, yet I loved him for not being so impressed by the Vissians' beautiful women and sparkling technology that he didn't recognize the cogenitor's treatment for what it was--slavery. You can't damn his noble intentions. I like that he refused to sleep with another man's wife even when it's stated openly that the husband in question doesn't mind, but is passionate enough to give that princess the hungriest on screen kiss I've seen in quite some time. Is it warm in here? :laugh: Yes, we need a drool icon.

They're taking a bold risk with Tucker next season but I think CT can pull it off successfully. There's a reason he was chosen as oppposed to Malcolm or Travis.

I love him. I like his easy going character and i find his outspokeness an asset, plus he's damn sexy. Mods: Can we have a drool smilie please. :laugh:

I think Trip is terrific. It will be interesting to see what happens to him next season when he deals with the events of The Expanse.

And Trekbabe, isn't VBG great! :laugh:

Trip may have more trouble with alien cultures than he ever has before after...

Click for Spoiler:

The alien attack on Earth turns his sister into a piece of charcoal. :rolleyes: He was looking pretty pissed off in the Expanse teaser. Should be a compelling storyline, no?

i think trip is a cool character, someone id like to have as a friend, not too many people around anymore like that, just a good friend, that'll stick by ya, and do for ya. he has passion about what he does, he has conviction, and just a down to earth personality. hes cool, not perfect as none of us are, but cool. the type to make a great friend. i only wish i could have some of his conviction in stature. oh well.

He's great, probably my favorite on Enterprise. His sense of humor is fantasitic and he interacts with everyone very well. Yes, he can be stubborn but that's part of what makes him interesting.

Really interesting character.  Good ole' southern boy on the outside, but on the inside?  There's a lot more going on there than we've gotten to see, yet.  I'm really looking forward to watching his growth.

I agree!

I agree!

What's wrong with being a Southerner on the inside?

I agree!

i dont think they meant anything bad by that. im sure they were just saying on the inside hes more than just a good 'ol southern boy, as a good thing, not saying anything bad about southern boys.

i would have to say there is more to him than just meets the eye.

I agree!

i dont think they meant anything bad by that. im sure they were just saying on the inside hes more than just a good 'ol southern boy, as a good thing, not saying anything bad about southern boys.

i would have to say there is more to him than just meets the eye.

Saying there is more to him than meets the eye is fine. But I guess I am a little sensitive to the the suggestion that Southern boys don't have depth, character or charm.

I think that Trip is an okay character. But, frankly, he's being overused. There's been so many plots and sub-plots devoted to him and not enough to my other favourite characters, like Hoshi, Travis and Phlox.

I think that Trip is an okay character.  But, frankly, he's being overused.  There's been so many plots and sub-plots devoted to him and not enough to my other favourite characters, like Hoshi, Travis and Phlox.

That is supposed to change next season... I don't know if that is good or bad. I think they have emphasized Trip because he's popular and they want viewers. I wonder if ratings will drop if he gets sidelined. I think Phlox is great and has already been getting some deserved airtime. But, IMO, Travis is kind of boring - his acting doesn't set well with me. I know guys like Hoshi because she's cute but I absolutely can not watch an episode with her; her whining is like fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe they'll send her to Rambo school during the summer.

edited to rephrase sentence

Edited by TheUnicornHunter