Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The Plaque on Archers podium

I think its a forshadowing of the upcoming UFP seal.

275029[/snapback]

But it began as the symbol for the UN right? So why has half of it disappeared; could WWIII have anything to do with its change? I suspect yes.

What was the "ECON" Lily mentions during the Borg attack in First Contact? Eastern Coalition Of Nations if I'm not mistaken. Pretty strong stuff if you ask me.

Thanks for pic VBG!

yeah, that's interesting. I think there were some obvious points where you could see the reduced budget, like the crowd at the reception and the sky backdrop behind the windows. Oh well, still a pretty cool episode.

So there IS a reduced budget! I had a feeling cause I've noticed that scenes have been lacking in detail. All the Vulcan outfits and sets were rather plain... and so is the CG. That bums me out. Last season Enterprise looked more like a movie, not a tv show. Dang.

It was actually Picard who mentioned the Eastern Coalation, but I don't think it was ever referred to as the "Eastern Coalation of Nations".

275036[/snapback]

But during the initial Borg attack, in the 21st century, Lily referred to them as the "ECON". You're right, I don't believe there was any direct reference to them as the Eastern Coalition of Nations, but that would be my first guess.

Oh yeah, as for the symbol. I would be willing to call it the general Earth symbol (possibly a modified version of the U.N.) or it could very well be a Star Fleet insignia, just because I'm not exactly if I've seen it.

It was actually Picard who mentioned the Eastern Coalation, but I don't think it was ever referred to as the "Eastern Coalation of Nations".

275036[/snapback]

But during the initial Borg attack, in the 21st century, Lily referred to them as the "ECON". You're right, I don't believe there was any direct reference to them as the Eastern Coalition of Nations, but that would be my first guess.

276168[/snapback]

Then what else could ECON stand for?

yeah, that's interesting. I think there were some obvious points where you could see the reduced budget, like the crowd at the reception and the sky backdrop behind the windows. Oh well, still a pretty cool episode.

Thanks. I agree about the clouds (and it was a cool episode) but the crowd looked ok imo. Also the cityscapes were stunning!

maybe it is like how they have the flag at half staff

276178[/snapback]

I'd buy that before I'd believe it was a budgetary restriction. It must mean something important, something not yet explained... imo

Actually I don't even remember Lily mentioning "ECON" at all.

276311[/snapback]

She does. It's hard to hear though over the attack; turn on the subtitles:

Lily: *looking at sky* "What is that?"

Cochran: "That is the constellation Leo."

Lily: "No. that." *points at light moving in sky*

Green charges fall and explode nearby them

Lily: "It's an ECON!"

Cochran: "After all these years?"