Sign in to follow this  
amcroja

any crew member tng as capatin of voyager

what if any crew member tng as capatin as of voyager i whould like.

worf as capatian of voyager he let not let ship get with stuff janeway did and he would got voyager home faster

I've often thought about alternate voyager captains, along with other star trek 'what if's', but I've never considered Worf.

It would have been interesting to see if Worf would or could unite the starfleet and maquis crews.

What would his reaction be to Belanna's attitude toward her klingon heritage?

Would Worf allow Chakotay to become 1st officer and allow Neelix and Kes to join the crew?

Would Captain Worf try to form an alliance with the Borg?

Would he rescue Seven from the collective and help her regain her humanity?

What about a Captain Riker? Q did say in "Death Wish" that he thought Riker would get the job of Voyager Captain.

I've often thought about alternate voyager captains, along with other star trek 'what if's', but I've never considered Worf.

It would have been interesting to see if Worf would or could unite the starfleet and maquis crews.

What would his reaction be to Belanna's attitude toward her klingon heritage?

Would Worf allow Chakotay to become 1st officer and allow Neelix and Kes to join the crew?

Would Captain Worf try to form an alliance with the Borg?

Would he rescue Seven from the collective and help her regain her humanity?

What about a Captain Riker? Q did say in "Death Wish" that he thought Riker would get the job of Voyager Captain.

274840[/snapback]

i don't what riker would of done if he was voyagers capatain

Data. He's due for a promotion.

But I'm not so sure if he wuld have been able to handle the psychological aspect of being Voyager's captain. Look at all the thing's Janeway's done, and you'll see.

She's united the Federation and Maquis crews, rescued Seven from the Collective, been a surrogate mother to most of the crew, and has made crux decisions based on her gut instincts and humanity. I don't think Data would have been able to do all of that, and get the ship home. He would have refused to take the shortcuts Janeway took, because he would be afraid to break the Prime Directive.

So all in all, I think Janeway was the right choice for captain of Voyager.

Ironically, Data's reluctance to break the prime directive may have allowed Voyager to return to the Alpha Quadrant by the end of the first episode.

Tuvok pointed out to Janeway, quite correctly I might add, that destroying the caretakers array and saving the Ocampa was a violation of the prime directive.

By using the array to return and allowing things in the delta quadrant to continue without interference, Data would have been fulfilling his duty as a starfleet captain.

And since we are throwing TNG names around, and in the spirit of maintaining a female captain for Voyager, how about Captain Troi or Captain Crusher?

Edited by welfconfed