Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Penny Johnson aka Kasidy Yates

I was watching TNG's "Homeward" yesterday and noticed that Worf's sister-in-law was played by the beautiful Penny Johnson, known DS9ers as Cassidy Yates.

Star Trek has to be the only TV Franchise that finds, developes amd uses it's talent throughout their franchise.

pj.jpg

That's pretty neat VBG..I never noticed that before.. Star Trek is really good at recycling actors to play different roles on the various trek shows..They have done it so often and so well..

I knew that, I think they mention it in the Star Trek Encyclopedia. They mention every guest stars' former roles in Star Trek if they have any.

Penny Johnson Jerald was also on 24 for three years but her character was killed off towards the end of last season.

I noticed that before. I have that episode on DVD on my TNG season 7 DVD.

273731[/snapback]

Penny Johnson guest starred in a few episodes of ER in season 5 and she also guest starred in an episode of The X-Files - Medusa, season 8.

Madam Captain out!!

I knew that, I think they mention it in the Star Trek Encyclopedia. They mention every guest stars' former roles in Star Trek if they have any.

Penny Johnson Jerald was also on 24 for three years but her character was killed off towards the end of last season.

273754[/snapback]

Yes, to me, Penny Johnson Jerald will always be Sherry Palmer. Sherry was really not all that similar to Kasidy -- it's gotta take a great actress to pull off both of those rolls.

Will

I have always liked that the ST franchise has found ways to reuse the extraordinary talent of many of the guest cast. So many actors/actresses have their current carreers because of their performance on trek even if it was in a minor role.

Yes, I noticed that Penny Johnson was on an episode of TNG. She definantly is a excellent actress.

I also like that they reuse actors/actresses in other Star Trek series. It gives you a chance to see if they can play various diverse roles. Many have proven that they can play different roles.

Tim Russ - Tuvok ST:VOY

Tim Russ - Devor(ST:TNG/Starship Mine)

Tim Russ - T'Kar(ST:DS9/Invasive Procedures)

Tim Russ - unnamed bridge officer in Star Trek Generations

Brent Spiner - Data (ST:TNG)/Movies VII through X.

Brent Spiner - Lore ( Evil brother to Data)

Brent Spiner - Noonien Soong /Father and creator of Lore and Data.