Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ EDEN ~~

Or should I say "WHO" they were looking at:

Click For Spoiler
post-897-1101780763.jpg
Click For Spoiler

:look::frusty:

Daniel and Crystal no longer had to use cars or trucks to get where they wanted in this plain of existances, all they had to do was just wish and they were there. Daniel and I looked at the damaged church and with a nod we in our minds projected the image of the church in it's original condition and within moments the church stood as if untouched by the tornado. We smiled softly to each other and permitted the bell to sound a few times. Then vanished back to Eden.

Edited by BlueCrystal

Yep, it was Kate Mulgrew in the flesh. She walked up to the truck and the first words out of her mouth were "What Bell?" :frusty:

No one could believe this. Bill, Lenny and now "Janeway" :look: How lucky could they get???

"I figured if I waited around long enough, someone would show up. What took you so long, I've been here almost a month now??" She said in her breathy, sexy voice. "You want to ride with us or just follow us?" Lida asked her. "We're heading back to Eden right now." Kate said right off. "I'll follow you, I need to be the Captain of my own ship." She said with a giggle. "I'm right behind ya." She got in her little car,post-897-1101789012.jpg backed out and followed Lida down Main St. to the Highway. :look:

Edited by Jeanway

Kate was a bad-@ss driver in her little car. She stayed behind everyone for a while but obviously was anxious to get to Eden. The two trucks were cruising down the highway when Kate pulled up next Lida and signaled with her hands to her. "Where is Eden?" As she mouthed the words. Lida could see Eden from the highway now and pointed across the highway to it off in the distance. Kate looked then nodded at Lida as if she understood then Kate did something on the dash and the little car seemed to take off up into the skypost-897-1101789373.jpg heading right for the house. Kate waved as if to say, "I'll race ya" :frusty:

Janeway, Kate, flew towards the house and touched down right on the dirt road in front then rolled to a stop. She got out and waited for the trucks to arrive. Finally she could see them coming in a cloud of dust then park right next to her. The girls jumped off the truck first and ran over to her and started chattering away, a mile a minute at her. Kate just smiled and answered their questions in rapid succession. The boys didn't know who was in the car that flew by them but they sure were curious as they jumped off the back of the other truck and ran over to see who this mysterious woman was. Again, they all stood there agasp :frusty::look::hug: As did nik, Aaron and Abe :wow::look::wow: And ILikeSeven ;)

:look: :wink2:

Becka made all the introductions and after that said. "Come on now, everyone in the house. We need to get lunch started." Kate put her arms around Lida and Becka's shoulders and led everyone into the back door. Once in the kitchen Kate looked around a the huge Country kitchen then teared up bit. "Reminds me of our kitchen back in Iowa when I was a girl growing up.post-897-1101838578.jpg I think I'm going to like it here."

Edited by Jeanway

post-897-1101839361.jpgAfter lunch he men went back out to shearing.post-897-1101839186.jpg They were busy for the rest of the afternoonpost-897-1101839161.jpg It would take them a few more days of thispost-897-1101839130.jpg Before all the wool was sheared and then washed and ready to be rolled into yarn by the womenpost-897-1101839103.jpg

Kaitlyn sat on one of the huge beds in the girls' room, alone. The rest of the girls were downstairs, still talking to Kate. So far the new arrival to Eden had been very gracious and knid, fully answering the children's questions and not trying to brush them off. She was a very nice person. When they had first arrived back to Eden, Kaitlyn had joined in the flurry of questions directed at Mulgrew, but when the rest of the girls had kept it up once inside, she had seen it as a perfect opportunity to get away and be alone-it was kind of hard to find time to be alone here, what with 22 people in the same house.

Not that she wasn't interested in hearing the actor's story, but she could hear it from Abigail and Taffita later(They were the only other girls her age on the farm, and both wre her friends). Besides, she had never gotton much of a chance to wach "DS9" or "Voyager", so she knew almost nothing about the latter, which was the show Kate was the star of, so she had felt out of place down in the kitchen asked questions of her. She had intended on learning more about "Voyager", but the aliens had come before she could get around to it.

Now, as she sat alone in the room, she allowed herself to think about the situation for the first time in weeks. Her mind was filled with questions that no one on Earth could answer. Where exactly were her parents and siblings, and the rest of the population of the planet that had been captured? Were they prisoners on some strange planet? Were they even still alive. Her throaght tightened in sorrow at that thought. "But I might have to accept the fact that they're gone forever," Kaitlyn thought. It frightened her, but she knew it might be true. She might have to live with these people for the rest of her life. That wasn't a problem though, was it? She liked it here, and she loved these people, didn't she?

Of course she did, but that couldn't quell the urge she had felt ever since the people had been taken. She had a burning desire to "know". To know what had happened to them, to know why they had left only the people they had, and most of all, to know if she would ever see her family again.

"I'll find out," she said aloud. "I've got to find out. I'll find out if it's the last thing I do." Her words were a vow, a promise that Kaitlyn knew, for the sake of her family, of everyone taken, that she could not brake. :nono::nono:

At last Lida shooed all the girls away from Kate to unload their stuff from the trucks. Since Taffita was not interesting in shopping for girly stuff and thought make-up was the spawn of the devil, she did not have much to unload and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to talk to Lida about a school at EDEN. Lida seemed interested.

"That is a good idea, Taffy," she said, watching Sabe run around outside with a random dog which was probably trained to do work on the farm. "However, I do not know if we have any qualified teachers here. And since this is a farm with twenty-three people now living on it, we can hardly spare anyone. Are any of the Dartmouth professors left?"

"Yes. When I return I will ask them if they want to come to Eden and teach. Some might want to; who knows? It would be easier than teaching college at any rate." Lida walked off to assit Becka and Chrissy. All three women were obviously busy, and as she did not want to get roped into anymore "traditional female tasks," she grabbed a book by Marion Zimmer Bradley she had bought at the store and headed for some peace and quiet in the black bedroom.

Kate insisted on helping prepare supper with Lida, Becka and Chrissy. "Well, what's your fancy Kate on this fine evening? Anything you want since YOUR the guest of Honour tonight." Becka asked. Kate thought for a second then said. "How about a nice Prime Rib of Beef?? Some baked potato with sour cream and chives and asparagus. I love asparagus. Oh, and if I may. Could I make a nice Bernaise Sauce?" Kate asked? Becka thought for a minute. Then said. "What exactly would go in that sauce Kate? She answered. " Let's see, there's butter, and egg yolk and onion and vinegar and a little flour and some cream." "Yep, we've got all that. And we have a side of beef in the cellar and jars of asparagus and plenty of potatos down there too." Becka answered. "O.K. Ladies, to the cellar, we've got a meal to make." Becka ordered and they all went down the ladder, even Kate.

Onca Kaitlyn was done with her thinking, she went out to the truck the girls had ridden in, gathered the things she had brought back from Angola, and went back up to the room. There, she surveyed the things she had gotten: A few personal items-the kinds of shampoo, conditioner, and saop she liked, and such-but most of her findings had been books, notebooks, and pens. Reading was what she loved to do most, and writing was a close second. She had picked up as many things to do with that as she could. She'd always known that she could simply type her stories, but for some reason prefered writing them down the old fashion way. One reason, at least, was that that made them portable and easily accsessible.

She had collected nearly two large bags of books and things, and as she she stood there she looked through the titles again. Most were Science Fiction and Christian Fiction, her two favorite genres. Christian fiction was based on what she believed, and she could always know it would have good and meaningful content. Science fiction satisfied her inquisitive mind and her taste for the weird, different, and unexplainable. She had even been lucky enough to find some Star Trek books, ones she hadn't read, and had taken one of all of them. Then she had shown the rest of them where they were. She had been quite pleased with herself. Finally Kaitlyn put her new things away and went down stairs, smiling to herself. But she did not forget the promise she had made to herself eairlier.....She "would" find out what had happened. She "Would".

post-897-1101872119.jpgA side of beef layed on a wooden table in the cellar. Becka wielded the ax and saw and cut it up into managable pieces for the oven. Lida stood back, feeling a bit woosey remembering the "HOG" incident a few weeks before. "Need a hand?" Kate asked. Becka handed Kate the ax and she began a hacking away at the carcass like a pro. :nono: Lida made herself scarce and went to collect the potatos and Mason jars of asparagus in a different room of the cellar. Then brought them up to the kitchen. Edited by Jeanway

Once hacked up Kate slung a huge slab over her shoulder as did Becka. Then stood at the bottom of the ladder and called up to Lida and Chrissy who had begun washing and slitting the potato skins. "Take this." kate said as she passed it up to Chrissy. Then Becka passed hers up to Lida. Lida washed the meat off under the pump then put them in two large roating pans, sprinkled them with a little salt and pepper then slid them into the hot oven. "Should be about two and a half to three hours to cook." Lida said then sat down at the table with a large pot of mint tea for everyone.post-897-1101879158.jpg

Lida, Kate, Becka and Chrissy talked about what happened. It was the first time Kate had seen anyone since it happened and was eager to find out what everyone thought. Mostly everyone was speculating. No one really knew for sure what happened. Kaitlyn decided to join in the chat. She heard them talking from the top of the stairs and came right down. post-897-1101879188.jpgThen Taffita came in and sat down with Addie, Mellie, Beth and Callie. Lida got up and made another pot of tea for the girls. "Here's the honey if anyone wants some in their tea."post-897-1101879221.jpg Lida said as she pushed the honey across the table towards Kaitlyn. "Thanks, I love honey in my tea." Kaitlyn said.post-897-1101879261.jpg Then Kate said. "I'd be interested in any theories any of you might have. Speak up now. Whatever is on your mind, no matter how outrageous it might sound, I really want to know what you all think."

Edited by Jeanway

Chrissy walked out on the back porch and yelled "SUPPER". Then came back in saying. "We really need a bell or something to call everyone. This yelling is hurting my throat."

All the men came in from shearing, cover with wool fuzz and sneezing. Then Becka said. "I want you all to start washing up for meals in the laundry room from now on. It's just too crowded in here now with all of us in the kitchen." They all headed to the laundry room to wash up.

Table set, everyone seated. Lida asked Aaron to help her get the two roasts out of the oven and help her carve. He did as she asked. Kate had made the Bernaise sauce for the asparagus. "It goes nicely on the meat and potato as well." She said as she pour it from the gravy boat onto her plate. Everyone followered her lead and tried it. The meat was superb, eveyone ate without much talking it was so good. Bill and Kate chatted about the old days on the set. Lenny threw in his two cents trying to get into the conversation but Bill was monopolizing Kate throughout the whole meal. Mostly everyone else just listened to the two seasoned actors tell their stories. ILikeSeven kept nudging Abe asking "What they say? What means that?" He didn't want to appear rude by interrupting them. The elves were still throwing their supper at the window and nik kept going out there to make them stop.

Edited by Jeanway

Becka tapped the side of her water glass to get everyone's attention. She stood up. "I've decided the fair way to name the elves is on the site. I started a "Name the Elves" Thread on there and that's where you all need to put your names, alright everyone?" She asked. The children were all abuzz over this news and at the end of the meal the boys took off first out the backdoor to go to the loft. "Get that stove goin out there boys, we'll be out in a while and it's cold in there." He told them. "Sure father, I'll do it." Able said. When the men finished they as well went to the loft. The women and the girls started cleaning up.

The girls helped clean up, but all the while were restless to get up to the loft to post their names. It was almost time for bed by the time the kitchen was cleaned, and all of them hurried out to the barn, with Lida calling after them to hurry. Kaitlyn got stuck at the rear of the bunch of running girls, and had to wait for the rest of them to climb up before she could. As she waited, she looked out across the feilds, still thinking about what she had been thinking about earlier.

"Come on, Kaitlyn," she heard Abigail call from the top of the ladder.

"I'm coming," she called back without turning around. She stood there a moment longer, lost in thought. Then she quickly turned to climb up, only to run into Able, who had just come down. She had turned so fast that she hit with enough force to knock her to the floor.

"Oh!" Able said, surprised. "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" He offered a hand to help her up. Kaitlyn took it and he pulled her to her feet.

"Yes, I'm fine," she said, her voice trailing off. She caught her breath as she looked at Abe and Becka's oldest son. She'd never payed much attention to the boys, much less one two years older than her, but now, as she looked back at Able, she realized that he was very handsome. His hand still held hers because he had just helped her up, and she inwardly she gave a little shiver of some feeling she could not quite identify.

"I'm sorry, Kaitlyn, I wasn't watching what I was doing," Able apologized kindly.

"No, no," Kaitlyn insisted. "It was my fault; I souldn't have turned around so fast."

"It's all right," Able said.

Kaitlyn smiled, "That's a relief."

Able laughed, "Well, see you later. I'm ging bac to the house now."

"Okay," Kaitlyn said as he walked off. "Later." She watched him walk all the way to the house, then go in. Then she finally turned and climbed up the ladder. When she got to the top, Abigail was waiting for her, and she was grinning.

"What?" Kaitlyn asked. Abbie followed her as she sat down at the nearest open computer.

"Don't think I didn't see what happened, and the way you reacted. You like my brother, don't you?"

Kaitlyn had never been one for blushing, but she could almost feel herself turning pink. "No I do not!" she said firmly.

"Why not? You don't have to be afraid of 'me', I don't mind."

"I do 'not' like him," Kaitlyn insisted. "I don't like any boy here. Back before my parents were taken I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend-not that I wanted one-so I didn't like any boys there either.

"Oh sure you did, you just wouldn't let yourself admit it. Now come on, admit you like Able."

"Fine," Kaitlyn said, annoyed. "If it'll make you happy, I admit that maybe I like him a little, and that yes, I did have a few crushes back home. But that doesn't mean anything. Every girl our age likes boys at least to 'some' extent. Just because I like a boy doesn't mean I want him to be my boyfriend. Besides, having a boyfriend at this age is silly. We're too young."

"I know. I agree with you," Abigail said.

"You do?" Kaitlyn sounded a liitle surprised.

"Of course I do," her best friend laughed. "I was just trying to get you to admit that you like him. That doesn't mean I thought he was going to become your boyfriend or anything!"

"Oh, good," Kaitlyn said. "I guess I just sort of assumed that you were like the girls back at my school on that. Back in my town, almost every girl had had at least one boyfriend by fourth grade, and that may even be an understaement! Not that it was a bad town or anything-I liked it a lot, it was nice-theyr just had the wrong view on some things."

"I know what you mean," Abbie said.

Then they both got to work on the site.

Lida passed Able, Bart and Cain on her way out to the barn. Bart and Cain were giving Able a hard time about Kaitlyn. Then when Lida got up in the loft she heard a similar discourse between Abbie and Kaitlyn. Lida just laughed to herself. Lida logged onto the site and went to the "Name the Elves " Thread and put in two names. Then went to her inbox to read her PMs. Mostly just inquiries about Eden. someone in France wanted to come and a guy in Maylasia. And a whole family in Australia wanted to come but had no idea how to get to America. Lida thought if the three of these parties could talk with each other that maybe they could figure out a way. With nik now at Eden and him able to fly a 757, self taught of course, we may be able to work out a plan to rescue some of these people. This was all speculation for Lida at this time but she took pride in her ability to face difficult problems and come up with solutions, and this was a Beauty of a problem. B)

Lida yelled over to nik whose computer was at the far end of the loft, next to Aaron's. Everyone had a computer. When Lida and Aaron first arrive they found boxes stacked upon boxes of brand new computers never even opened. And as more and more people came those were set up. And there were still boxes back in the storeroom unopened. The first of the generators in use was working perfectly. A few of the men gave it a tune up and got it running smooth and quiet.

Bill, Lenny and Kate sat in the kitchen talking the night away over coffee and apple pie. "Got anything stronger around here guys?" She asked. Bill and Lenny told her about the "Hard Cider" incident a few night before and they all got a good laugh. "How about some wine? Any wine in that cellar of theirs?" Kate asked. "Ya know, I don't know. Why don't we just go down and take a little look see." Said Lenny. B) They all took a candle and the matches and went down the ladder to the cellar.

Once down there Kate showed them around. She had been down there once before cutting the side of beef. They looked in the cheese making room, at the the spice racks and hundreds of jars of fruits and vegetables. "We'll be fine here for a long time. " Kate said. "The wine girl, the wine??" Bill said. They started looking around.

Behind a stack of wooden crates Bill hit the Jack-Pot. It seems there were about 6 wooden crates stacked one on top of the other behind a shelf. Bill fished around the open one at the top and pulled out a dusty bottle of red wine. Blew the dust off of it and read."Vino, Italiana." from the obviously very old label. "Cork-screw, cork-screw?" He muttered to himself as he stuck his hand back in the crate. "Must be one in here with them. AHA!, here it is." He said as he jammed the end into the cork and started twisting. "POP" He pulled it out and took a long drink from the bottle. "Go easy on that my friend." Kate said to him as she grabbed it away and took a drink herself. B)

Aaron woke up in the middle of the night. Very thirsty her stumbled down the stairs to get himself a glass of water. Standing in there drinking his water he noticed that someone had left the door to the cellar open. He shut the door and bolted it shut.

"Better close this. Someone could fall down the hole in the dark and hurt themselves." He mumbled. Aaron stumbled back to bed.

Down in the cellar, the three actors were "sampling" the wine.

"What was that?" Lenny said.

"What was what?" Bill replied, taking a drink from the bottle.

"That noise. Didn't you hear it?" Lenny replied.

"I didn't hear anything." Bill answered.

"Me either Leonard." Kate added.

Lenny took the bottle Bill handed him and took a drink himself, shrugging his shoulders.

A few hours later the three Star Trek captains decided it was time for bed. They made their way back to the ladder as best as they could in the dark. Lenny climbed up the ladder and tried to push open the door.

"I think it's locked." He said, grunting as he pushed.

"Essss nod locked yew juss a wusss." Bill slurred. He'd had more than his fair share of wine, while Lenny and Kate had been careful to watch how much they had. Kate was now holding Bill up.

"Owww ovv da way!" Bill said. Lenny hopped down from the ladder and moved out of Bill's way. Bill spent several minutes trying to get his foot on the bottom rung.

"Hey? Isn't there a passageway that leads to the barn? Let's get out that way." Kate suggested.

"Excellent idea, Kate." Lenny agreed. "Come on Bill. This way."

"Waiit. I thinn I almosss god it noww." Bill mumbled as he still tried to get his foot on one of the three bottom rungs he was seeing. Lenny grabbed his arm and pulled him along. Kate led the way.

Edited by fenriz275

Just a little Multi-Thread Bandwaggoning here people. I couldn't resist. Since I've started the "Trivail Pursuit Board Game" Thread, I ran across this question, which I thought was appropriate to ask in this thread, ok? B)

"What did Carl Sandburg reply to the question: "What did the last man on Earth say?" B)

Good Luck with this. B) :wink2:

Edited by Jeanway

Click For Spoiler
still trying to find out the answer^ B) B) B)

Making their way through the dark tunnel heading towards the barn Lenny, Kate, and an inebriated Bill tried their best to see in the dark. The only light they had was from a Zippo lighter Lenny had. In the middle of the passageway the lighter went out. The three of them stood in the darkness while Lenny tried to get the flame going again.

"Bill?" Kate asked in the darkness.

"Yeshh?" Bill answered.

"That's not a handhold. Keep your hand to yourself if you don't want to lose it." Kate's said.

"Sorryy. Muh mishhake." Bill mumbled.

"Bill?" It was Lenny.

"Yesh?" Bill asked again.

"Neither is that." Lenny answered.

A few minutes later Lenny got the light going again and they made their way to the ladder that led up into the barn. Kate climbed out first. Lenny had to lift Bill up while Kate pulled on his arms from above. Still he kept stumbling and missing the rungs so they had to practically lift him out of the tunnel like a sack of potatoes. Bill collapsed in a heap of straw, Lenny climbed up and out last.

"Whew finally." Kate said as she dusted herself off. "Let's go to bed."

"Agreed." Lenny said.

"C'mon Bill. Sleepytime." Kate called. Bill was sound asleep in a pile of hay, snoring away.

"Just leave him. He's happy where he is." Lenny said. Kate shrugged and the two of them headed for the house.

During the night a small green alien crept quietly into the barn. Seeing the sleeping figure of Bill in the hay it walked over to him. Pulling a tricorder looking device out of seemingly thin air it examined him. It waved it's arm in the air and the tricorder seemed to vanish, then it walked over to a corner of the barn. A zipping sound was heard. Anyone who knew better would have thought that the alien was taking a wizz, if aliens did that sort of thing. Then, as silently as it arrived it disappeared into the night. The next morning Abel, Bart, and Cain found Bill asleep in the barn cuddled up with the same goat that had been chasing him a few days earlier. They were both snoring.

Edited by fenriz275

As Lida was dressing early next morning she happened to glance out her bedroom window which faced the barn. She observed about 6 or 8 of the tiny green creatures going into the barn. Dawn was just breaking so it wasn't fully light outside yet. The little beings glowed with an eerie light and were easily visible from her window. One of them had what appeared to be some sort of small object in his hand was trying to do something with it which the other creatures found fascinating. They crowded around the one hold something in it's hand when all of a sudden a small flame ignited. The creature dropped whatever it was and ran, followed by the others behind the barn and across the field and disappeared into the woods.

Lida ran downstairs and out the back door to see what they had dropped. It was Lenny's Zippo. B) B) Then she heard moaning coming from inside the barn. She went in and found Bill and the goat asleep in the hay. She just left Bill there, he was drooling and talking in his sleep to the goat, who seemed to be enjoying it.

Lida went back in the kitchen to start breakfst for everyone.

Up in the girls' room, Kaitlyn had woken up early from a disturbing dream, and she too saw the little green aliens by the barn. Intrigued, she watched them until whatever it was they had scared them and they ran off into the woods. Remebering what she hadseen in the woods on the way to Eden, she realized that one of those creature could very well have been what she had seen. Were they some of the same aliens that had kidnapped evryone from the planet? Anger bubbled up inside her at the thought.

Lida was breaking eggs into a large bowl when Kaitlyn came down first for breakfast. "Morning Kaitlyn." Lida said. Kaitlyn appeared to be upset and Lida noticed. 'What's wrong?" Lida asked. Kaitlyn plopped heself down in the chair next to her then asked. " Doesn't it bother you that we were left here while others were taken? Where'd they go? Why were we the only ones left behind? Are they still alive somewhere? How will we ever find out whar really happened?" Kaitlyn went on and on. "Whoa, Honey, slow down, will ya?" Lida said as she wiped the egg from her hands with a dish towel then sat across the table from Kaitlyn. "Now look. None of us knows what happened. We are all just as curious about it as you are. We'll all work on this together, as a family, alright? But I have an inkling that those little green things that have been showing up here every once in a while have something to do with all of this. Maybe we should try to communicate with one of them?" Lida said. "But first we have to catch one, they do run away from us whenever we get too close. How's that sound to you? Like a plan?" Lida nodded as she asked.

Then a thunder of childen interrupted their conversation as they stampeded down the stairs. First the boys followed by the girls. Lida got up and finished making the eggs, then yelled over the roar. "Anyone for French toast?" They all answered at once. "Yea!!"

Edited by Jeanway

Kaitlyn ate her french toast, and occasionally said somthing to Abigail or Taffita. Mostly she pondered the plan Lida had proposed, thinking it over and wondering if it could work. She hoped it would-She really wanted to know. She had always been a curious person, wanting to understand everything, and now that instinct only heightened her desire to know everything she could about what had happened to everyone that had been taken.

Lida thought about the possibility of "Elfentrappen" *{ see Roddenberry Road Thread} :naughty: Some modifications would have to be made in order not to chop the heads off the little green creatures, otherwise they'd be decappitated and we wouldn't get any information from them. :flex::drool: Lida planned to speak with Aaron on the modifications to the traps.