Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ EDEN ~~

After the kitchen was cleaned the women sat at the table with a large pot of mint tea. The men came in the backdoor reeking of tabacco and alcohol and sat down with them. Aaron look like he had just wrestled with a wild boar and Abe and ILikeSeven just looked happy. :huh: Chrissy was used to this and smiled at Lida and Becka then said. "What ya going to do, men will be men, gotta have their fun." Then she giggled. :angry:

Lida spoke up. "Who is up for some time on the site? Let's see if anyone has PMed us about coming here. I know Bill and Lenny are on their way and maybe Taffita is too, let's go see." Everyone got up after they finished the last of the mint tea and went to the loft. Clomping in their wooden shoes. :frusty:

"YIPPEE" :frusty: Lida yelled to the others up in the loft. "Guess whose coming?" Everyone asked. "Who?" Lida held back for a second then said "nik! He's on his way!!" Everyone cheered. :huh: His PM read.

" Rescued the astronauts from the space station and they decided they wanted to go back to Russia and see if anyone is still there, so I'll be coming alone. Watch the skys. Your Friend nik."

Everyone was excited. "Didn't he say when he'll be arriving? Aaron asked. "Nope, that's all he wrote. Lida said. "Watch the skys." :angry:

Edited by Jeanway

Lida and IlikeSeven stood on the edge of the field and watched the children playing with the sheep. "I never realized you were a shepherd." She said to him. "Quite a flock." She said. Did you lose any during the crossing?" IlikeSeven stood there for a moment then said. "I don't know. Looks like I have to count sheep." They both laughed.

Edited by Jeanway

ILS looked at Lida and his face turned a little sad,"listen, when we crossed the english channel we saw a little ship, we tried to reach it but the storm was to big and the waves were to high, but when we reached it it was to late to rescue it, there was no more than some debree left, i wonder who it was, did you here of more people that want to get here from europe?

"No, ILS, sadly if they were coming here too, I didn't know." :congrats: "That's why we all check the site everyday to see who is coming." She told him. "I know there alot of us out there, I wish more would come, there are so many empty farms around here. We'll take a ride in a few days on the horses and you can look and see which one you'd like to take as your own. How does that sound?" ILikeseven looked down at Lida's wooden shoes then said. "I'd sort of like to stay here for a while, is that alright with you and the rest of the family?" Lida said it was just fine with her and she knew everyone else felt the same way.

"Ofcourse you and your family can stay for a while" Lida said to ILS, "you are more tahn welcome, but if you want a place of yor own there are a lot of farms you can inhabit."

"Thanks Lida, we all have to ajust in this new enviroment, and that long sailing was very exiting for us, and now i have to learn how to keep a flock off sheep"

ILS sent his dog again to keep the flock togehter.

"Tonight i want to talk to aaron, i have found a way to keep the computers running without the generators, there will be a day that the gas will ran out, and we will need otherways to find power, but i think i have the solution"

ILS blowes his whissel and the dog reasambles the flock

post-948-1101154347.jpg

But in a few weeks we have to shave them, we have lots of whool, we can make clothes that are warm for the winter

post-948-1101154617.jpg

A speck appears in the sky over the horizon. In time the speck grows and the distinctive teardrop shape of a hot air balloon can be made out. As the balloon draws near, figures can be made out in its red fabric. The large image of a bikini-clad woman has been sewn into the side of the balloon and above the woman, the words “Naughty or Nice?” have been embroidered. After several minutes, three passengers can be made out in the gondola. A large, muscular man in jeans and a tank top works the burner. In fact, he is the only passenger tall enough to control the burner. The other two, who only come up to his waist, have pointed ears. One is holding a beer can, while the other is emptying items out of the gondola. The reason for this becomes clear after several minutes. The flame in the burner is slowly dying as it runs out of gas, and the balloon begins a slow descent into the farm. The three passengers in the balloon are engaged in a heated debate.

“We told you, fat boy! We told you! You NEED the reindeer! It doesn’t work without the reindeer!”

“Hey, listen boys! Give me a break! I just thought this would be a faster way of doing Christmas. The reindeer needed a little break, so I tried this.”

“Only the reindeer can do the trip in a single night, lardass!” The elf pokes the larger man in the navel. The other elf busies himself tossing a keg over the side and several assorted gift-wrapped boxes.

“Haven’t you read the manual, Crisco?” The elf grunts as he pushes the keg over the railing. “The part about Christmas reindeer and general relativistic adjustments?” Both elves stop and look at the large man as he sheepishly shrugs.

“It was really complicated….”, he says apologetically.

“That’s why we’re here, fatso!” One of the elves begins, “To help you out! You could have asked Thistle! He’s a whiz at that stuff!”

“You mean the little nerdy one with glasses?” Nik begins chuckling and the elves cross their arms and frown at him. Nik stops chuckling quickly. They all stare at each other for several minutes and Nik looks overboard.

“Hey boys, we’re comin’ down! Right into that flock of sheep!” The elves and Nik all look at each other and then at their landing spot as the sheep scatter.

“Give it some gas, fat boy!” An elf says.

“I can’t! We’re out!” Nik tries desperately twisting the handle one more time.

“What is that we’re heading towards?” An elf points as he asks.

Nik cranes his neck as he looks. “It looks like a big pile of….”

Both elves and Nik look at each other, and their eyes go wide as the balloon descends quickly towards the pile of manure.

“SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII….”

The balloon hits hard, and the gondola tips over, spilling all three into the mess. They get up quickly, grimacing at the smell and begin looking around.

Edited by nik

Lida and ILikeSeven run to where the hot air ballon landed in the pile of ****. :congrats: "NIK!!!" Lida yells and runs up to him and hugs him. "PEW, you stink!" Lida said loudly. "And I see you brought two of your little, uhum, *cough, helpers with you." She spit out. "Nice to see you too, finally." nik said. "Now where's the kitchen, we're starved." nik said. "You better wash up first, you and your two little." She stops, leans in and whispers to nik."What ARE they, anyway? Some sort of mutant thing you've been working on in the lab or something?" nik gives out a hearty belly laugh. "No, no, they're elves." He said. "ELVES? where'd you find them?" Lida asked. "Tell ya later, when we're alone." nik answered.

Lida led nik and the elves back to the barn and the water trough. ILikeSeven walked well behind them, Lida walked well ahead to be out of "Stink-Range" "Now, WASH." She said as she pointed to the water. No one goes inside til they're clean. And here's some soap and washcloths right here on the stump. Becka will have your head for dinner you go inside like that. :wow:

Nik started taking off his shirt and pants as did the elves and dunking them in the trough. "I'll be inside." Lida said as she sheilded her eyes from what was unfolding before her. :wow::congrats:

Lida yelled as she went in the backdoor. "Becka? Three more for dinner." Becka asked. "Who is it?" As she looked out the window only to see one huge, um, bum and two little ones bent over at the trough. :clap:

Aaron, Abe and the boys, little Sabe in tow, came around the side of the barn just in time to get an eyefull of nik and the elves. nik spotted Aaron right off and went in for the big hug. :congrats: Aaron backed away and said "You stink Man, how ya doin?" nik answered. "Fine, good, just arrived. Me and my men here." nik pointed to the elves who were taking turns holding each other's heads under the water then vomiting on each other. :congrats: "Guys, Guys, knock it off and say hello to our host." The two elves stuck their tongues out at Aaron then flipped him the bird then turned around bent over and passed a very loud anal, vibratory concerto in his direction. :clap: Then Aaron said. "Say nik, WHY ARE THEY HERE????" :kwasny: nik explained he needed two warm bodies to balance the gondola and they were the only ones he could find. "So where'd you find them, in a rathole somewhere?" Abe chimed in. "I'll tell ya later, when we're alone. I don't want to upset the little tikes, they can be nasty." nik answered. :wink2: :wow:

Aaron walked away muttering to himself under his breath. "Elfentrappen, Elfentrappen." :congrats: :wink2:

Becka ran upstairs and came back down a few minutes later with a fresh set of clothes for nik and the two elves. "Here, Abe, go outside and give them these." she said. Abe took the clothes outside where nik and the elves were playing in the water trough. They looked surprised and sort of dissapointed that they had to get out of the water. But they got out and got dressed then came inside to the kitchen.

The table was set. Six large chickens were sitting on the table along with numerous steaming bowls of cooked cabbage, mashed potato, green beans, carrots and cranberry sauce, hot biscuits, butter , pitchers of milk and kool-aid. The table would be now at capacity. If anyone else showed up, Abe would have to build a new table for the kitchen to accomadate them.

Now sat, Lida, Aaron, Becka, Abe, Able, Bart, Cain, Abbie, Beth, Callie, Addie, ILikeSeven, Chrissy, Sabe, Mellie, nik, and the two elves. The two unseen houseguest reflected in the window over the sink, watching.

The bowls were passed around after Abe said the blessing and everyone began to eat. When suddenly a wad of mashed potato went careening across the table and hit Aaron on the side of the head. Becka stood up an looked towards the other end of the table. "Who did that?" She yelled. The elves just looked at her glassy-eyed. nik smacked both of them. "I'll have to say nik, if they can't behave at dinner table they'll have to take their plates and go eat outside on the back porch." nik answered. "I understand Becka, I'll keep and eye on them from now on." He said. "See that you do, this is NOT a good example for the children whatsoever." Becka sat back down and began eating again. When she was cutting her meat she asked the cranberry sauce be passed down to her. She took the bowl and before she could spoon it onto her plate a mass of cranberry sauce came flying through the air and landed on the top of her head. She reached up and grabbed it off her head then stood up again. "nik!" She yelled. "OUTSIDE with those two, NOW!" nik slid his chair back and grabbed the two elves by the back of the neck and dragged them kicking and screaming out the back door. Then he took their plates and placed them outside on the porch. "And stay out!" He yelled then slammed the door and returned to the table. "Sorry about that everyone. Maybe they should eat outside from now on." nik said. :congrats:

Kaitlyn yelped when the bushes beside her strated to shake, then sighed in relief when all that jumped out was a squirrel. She still wasn't used to that. She had been traveling alone for weeks, maybe months(she hadn't kept track), through the endless feilds, towns, and woods, and things like that still freaked her out. She'd never been much of a scaredy cat, but ever since the aliens had kidnapped the rest of her family, she had been rather jumpy, as would anyone, she guessed.

When her family had dissapeared, and she had found out on startrekfans. net what had happened, she had immediatly headed north, looking for Eden. She had known she was a long way from the place-after all, she did live in southeren Mississippi-but she'd figured it was the only place she had left to go. She had started out on her dad's bike, and at one point had been able to get a horse left in a feild, but both were gone now. And now, as she trekked alone through the woods, not even knowing what state she was in anymore, all she had was the backpack she had taken with her.

The backpack was the same one she had once used for school, in a time that now seemed so far away. School was meaningless now, she thought with dispare, with most of the world's population gone. The sense of lonliness as she traveled had hreatened to overwhelm her many times, but she held on to one thought of hope: If she could make it to Eden, everything would somehow be all right.

Now she was hungry, and stopped to eat some of the ceareal bars she had gotten out of an abbandonned store a little ways back. As she ate, she surveyed the contents of her pack-there were her notebooks full of the fanfiction she had writen over the years(her most prized possesions), a few of her favorite ST:TNG books, an extra set of clothing, and some food and bottles of water. That was it. Also, she would need to find more food soon. But, she thouhgt, maybe she wouldn't have to. Somthing inside of her told her she was close, told her that Eden was near.

The girl stood, slung her backpack on her back. Using her compass. she found the dirction in which she needed to go. But suddenly somthing caught Kaitlyn's eye, and she turned her head quickly. She though she'd seen a flash of green, somthing moving, wierd shaped, but perhaps it was only her imagination. Yes. She had always been quite imaginative, getting in trouble in class daydreaming. It had been her imagination, she decided, and continued on her way.

Suddenly the woods stopped, and Kaitlyn burst out into the daylight. A surge of equally sudden joy rushed through the girl when she saw what lay ahead of her. There were feilds, two barns, and a huge farmhouse several hundred yards away. The delicious smell of somthing wonderful cooking for lunch wafted through the air, all the way to her.

"This is it," she thought, picking up her pace. "This is Eden! I made it! I can't believe I made it!" :congrats: Kaitlyn began to run, happiness flooding her, and she prayed a silent prayer of thanks to God, beginning to whislte a happy tune.

The tiny figure of a girl emerged from the woods. Abbie and Beth caught side of her from the window while they were eating. "Mother, Father, someone is coming, look." she pointed and everyone looked out the window. The girl slogged across the field towards the house, sometimes tripping on the furrowed ground. Becka got up, Lida followed her as did the girls and went out to the front porch to greet the unknown newcomer. The girl saw them coming out onto the front porch and she began waving and running even faster. "Is this Eden?" She yelled. Becka answered "YES, Come in." As she waved her on.

The girl reached the front steps and held onto the rail and bent over to catch her breath. Everyone went down the steps to greet her. "You look a sight girl. Hello, I'm Becka and this is Lida, Abbie, Beth, Calli and Addie. The girl stood up straight and said. "I'm Kaitlyn, nice to meet you all." Becka put her arm around the girl's shoulder and said. "Come on in, we just sat down to eat, you must be starving." Kaitlyn answered. "Yes, I haven't eaten in two days, I think, or is it three?" They all went back inside.

Edited by Jeanway

ILS came back from his sheepflock and saw the comotion around the house

"Hey wat,s up, and who is this girl?"

Lida walked to ILS and said "Can you beliefe this she walked weeks, or months to get here, she is is almost dehydrated, and starvingm, but with her willpower she reached us"

ILS turned to Kaitlyn and welcomed her "Girl it is best you get some sleep first and than slowly eat something, than you can tell all about you gone trhough" Lida took her to a bedroom and soon Kaitlyn was very asleep.

ILS said to Chrissy "don,t let the children make to many noise, that girl needs a lot of rest, i will see lida now.

ILS walked to Lida and said "i think we must sheer the sheep next week, they overcome the stress from the long journey , we need some Sheers, but in the rush we forgot to bring some with us, maybe Abe can make some?"

"I'll bring Katlyn a plate up to the girls room. She may eat something before she falls asleep." Lida said. "It's alright that she bunks with you girls, isn't it? That's where your Mom is taking her. All the other rooms are full, except for the room where nik is now and when Bill and Lenny arrive, all three of them will share that room." Lida said as she fixed a plate for Katlyn. "Sure, all the girls said at once, we have plenty of room for her." Then they all started argueing about which bed she'll be in.

Dinner now over and the children back out in the loft, as was ILikeSeven, nik and the elves. "nik?" Lida said to him as she watched the elves creating havoc on the computers. "You know your welcome here, don't you? I just think it's best the elves sleep outside the house somewhere. Maybe in one of the outbuildings we have here for storage. We can make them up a nice little bed then LOCK them in for the night. That way they won't burn the house down while we are all asleep. Understand?" nik agreed it was best the elves sleep away from the main house. "Let's go look for a nice little spot for them right now." Lida said. They climbed down from the loft and walked out back towards the numerous out-buildings and started inspecting them.

Edited by Jeanway

Later that afternoon Kaitlyn woke up. at first she didn't remember where she was, but then it all came back to her.

"I made it to Eden," she thought. "I'm really here."

She got out of bed and decided to go downstairs. She felt much better after a good nap. She walked into the kitchen to find Lida, Becka, and Chrissy quietly making supper. Lida turned and noticed her near the doorway.

"Well, I'm glad to see you up." Lida said. "Did you get enough rest, Kaitlyn?"

"Yes I did, thank you. I feel much better now," the girl answered.

"Are you thirsty?" Becka asked. "We have some kool-aid if you like strawberry."

"That would be nice, thanks." Becka poured Kaitlyn some kool-aid, and she thanked her for it and began to drink it.

"You know," Kaitlyn said to Lida. "This used to be one of my favorite things to drink when I was little. I'm thirteen now though, and now I usually drink tea. But right now this kool-aid is the best thing I've ever tasted. I haven't had anything but water since I left Mississippi."

Lida laughed, "Well, you can have all the kool-aid you want here."

Outside Lida and nik found a small outbuilding that would be perfect for the elves. It even had an lock and key on the door. There no windows they could climb out of and it was built on a cement slab and the building was sunk into the foundation so they couldn't burro under it to get out either. "But won't they freeze out here, there's no heat?" nik asked. Lida thought a minute then said. "Well, put a couple cows in there with them at night. If that doesn't work we'll think of something else. :congrats: They went back to the house to get some blankets and pillows for the elves beds.

Edited by Jeanway

Abe remembered that his brother Adam, whose farm this belonged to before all of them disappeared, at one time had a flock of sheep and that his wife Eve, used to weave the wool for clothes. He set out searching the out buildings, the cellar and the attic and the tool shed for shears and the loom that Eve used to weave on. With all these sheep there will be no shortage of yarn and with all the hands on this farm they could be producing alot of clothing.

In the toolshed next to the old barn he found a large wooden crate. Inside he found all the shears and other things needed during shearing. He hefted it up on his shoulder and brought it to the new barn. Next to find the looms. He searched the cellar first since the looms always were in the house. No luck. He went the laundry room and looked around in there, still nothing. Next he went up to the attic which took up half of the entire 3rd floor. At last, there they were. Four handmade looms. All in perfect condition.

After she finished her kool-aid, Kaitlyn offered to help the women cook supper, and they agreed.

"So what's going on around here?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Well," Becka said. "We'll need to sheer the sheep soon, so we're working on a way to do that." Then she laughed,"And Lida is helping nik to find a good way to keep his elves out of the way." Kaitlyn laughed with her.

"What about you?" Chrissy asked. "What's your story?"

Kaitlyn sighed, a sorrowful look crossing her face. "It's kind of a long one," she said. Lida had come back inside just then, and came up behind the girl and placed an arm around her shoulders.

"We'd like to hear it," she said,"if you don't mind telling it."

Kaitlyn gulped back tears as she thought of her lost family, and forced a smile. "I don't mind. You people have been kind to me, and you deserve to know about me. Besides, it's about time I talked to someone about it."

"You're sure it won't bother you to talk about it?"Becka asked, concern for the young girl creaseing her features.

"I'm sure," Kaitlyn answered, giving them all a genuine smile for their kindness.

"How about this," Lida sugested. "Wait until supper tonight, when we're all here, and you can tell us all about it."

Kaitlyn nodded. "Okay."

At supper time it was very quite at the table, everybody eated and there was no one talking, ILS felt that and turned to Abe,"so you found some sheering tools abe?" Abe nogded "Yes it is not maybe the best tools but it will do" Okey"ILS replied.

"So than, i think we can sheer then the day after tomorrow, and lets make it a nice happening, i know abe can sheer sheep, i can but you aaron did you ever sheer a sheep?" Aaron looks at ILS "well i never did it but i think i can learn to do it"

Melanie looks at her dad and askes"but you are not gonna sheer my sheep!" she helds up her toy sheep.

"No hunny he doesn,t need to be sheered"

Kaitlyn giggled at little Melanie's antics. "She's cute," she told ILS.

"Thanks," ILS replied, smiling at his small daughter, holding her toy sheep.

"Do you have a brother?" Melanie asked Kaitlyn. "I do."

Kaitlyn's smile faded a little. "Yes. I did, anyway." She looked around the big table, with it's many occupants. "I had a little sister, too. She was just alittle younger than you, " she said to Melanie. "Their names wre Thad and Kelly. They both used to drive me crazy, but now I miss them, and my parents too. They were all taken. I think I'm the only member of my family left. I had relatives who were star trek fans, but none who were members of stf.net."

"Who were you on the site?" Lida asked.

"I was Christiantrekfan," Kaitlyn answered.

"Oh! You were that new girl that I talked to sometimes!" Lida exclaimed. "I wondered what happened to you."

"You were Jeanway?" Kaitlyn said.

"Yepp, in the flesh" Lida pinched her own arm then Katlyn's. :congrats: And Aaron is Fenriz and now let's see. Let me try to remember all of your names. Lida looked around the table then got up and got a piece of paper and a pencil to write them down before she spoke. She sat there eating, then looking around the table then writing, then looking around again then writing. This went on through the whole meal until finally she thought she had everyone's username written down.

The partial list that Lida came up with looked like this from the list she had made up right after she met Abe and his family in Lafayette {The Days After }

Abraham is Alterego

Abel is either Arms or Abakai

Abigail is most likely Abakai since it sounds female

Bart is Bateman

Becka is Bec

Beth is B'lanna Torres

Cain is Chapel and

Calliope is Cal

She will have to think about the rest :congrats:

Kaitlyn thanked Lida for writing down who was who for her. Then, at the request of everyone at the table, she told more about what had happened to her before she had gotton there. After that, the meal conversation returned to the coming job of sheering the sheep. This bored the children, and they quickly finished eating and retreated to the loft to get some time in on the site before bed.

Kaitlyn was glad to be able to do so again, and to be able to be around the rest of the kids, after over a month of no contact with any other people. Up in the loft she sat at a computer next to Abigail, who seemed to be about her own age. As they surfed the site, Abbie PMed her. The message read:

Was it scary, traveling like that for yourself for so long, not even knowing exactly how to get here?

Kaitlyn replied with her own message:

Most definatly, but there's more to it than that.

Abbie: What do you mean?

Kaitlyn: It might take a while to explain. Wait until later. I'm going to be sharing a room with the rest of you girls, aren't I? The younger ones will fall asleep faster, and then we can talk.

Abbie: Okay.

The two girls took their eyes off their screens, and looked at each other. They giggled, :assimilated: then turned their attention back to the site, looking forward to later that night.