Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ EDEN ~~

The girls were excited at the prospect of learning how to fly. They both fidgited in the seat beside Lida as they taxied to the front of the house again to take off from the dirt road. They squeeled as the plane left the ground and Lida pulled back on the yolk. They flew off in the direction of town. "Oh, there's Aaron and Smog, Lida!" Taffita yelled as they flew over him. Lida made a hard right bank and pushed forward on the yolk and eased back on the throttle. "Let's buzz him." Lida said. "O.K.!" The girls answered. The plane flew towards Aaron who was standing in the middle of the street below waving his hat. "And there's Smog! Hi Smog!" Taffita and Addie yelled as they waved. Smog did a bit of a dance below, the sound of the engine aggitated him, being so close.

Lida and the girls flew off into the distance. Tilting her wings, waving good-bye to Aaron and Smog. They flew along the road for a few minutes when Lida spotted something coming towards them from the West on the road below. It looks like a crowd of something. It was Abe and Becka and the family. Intermingled among the buggies were herds of animals. The two elelphants, Ella and Ephram right behind the first buggy. "LOOK!" Lida yelled. It's your Uncle Abe and Aunt Becka and all your cousins down there. They are here!!" Addie began to cry.

Edited by Jeanway

Lida estimated they were at least 15 miles from the farm yet. She decided to land and talk with them. She went around behind them and decreased her speed. Pulled back on the throttle and forward on the yolk. She would land ahead of them on the road. As she flew over them she rocked her wings. Then touched down on the street a few hundred feet ahead of them and cut the engine and rolled to a stop. Abe gave his horse a few tugs on the reigns to speed him up and the buggies drove right up to the plane. Lida, Addie and Taffita hopped out of the plane. The boys, Able, Bart and Cain had already stopped their buggie and were running up to the plane. Addie ran to them and they all hugged their little cousin. When Bart spotted Taffita. "And who is this?" He asked Addie. with a smile. Taffita noticed Bart right away as well. "Hi, I'm Taffita." She said. "I'm Bart." He answered as he held out his hand for a polite handshake. "Nice to meet cha." Taffita said.

Aaron waved his hat in the air as Lida and the girls flew over. Smog objected to the disturbance by snorting and stamping on the ground. "Easy buy. It's ok. I know how you feel." Aaron said to the agitated horse. Just thinking about flying made Aaron's stomach do flip flops. He leaned against Smog to steady himself. "Be right back boy. Nature calls." Aaron said. Smog was puzzled. "Why couldn't humans just let it drop where ever they happened to be like everyone else?" The stallion wondered. He watched Aaron walk towards some bushes off the side of the road. Smog nailed a particularly nasty fly that had been buzzing his face all day with his tail, he snorted his approval as he stamped on the stunned fly when it fell to the ground. Aaron squatted down behind some bushes.

Just as he was relaxing, and thumbing through a crossword book, the bushes a short distance away began to rustle. Aaron was about to yank his pants back up when a female turkey emerged from the underbrush. She looked at Aaron then dismissed his presence. Several chicks followed her. Aaron watched them scratch at the ground for insects. Then the male walked out of the weeds. He was large and walked around like he owned the place. He spotted Aaron out of the corner of his eye. Thinking Aaron was an interloper who wanted his hen he gobbled a challenge. "Easy there. I'll just be going. OK?" Aaron said, pulling up his pants.

"WRONG ANSWER!" The turkey gobbled. It launched itself at Aaron. Aaron threw the crossword book at it and ran pell-mell for the buggy. The turkey gobbled after him, moving faster than by all rights a turkey should. After a few hundred yards it stopped, gobbled a few satisfied times, and strutted away. Aaron climbed into the buggy. As Smog and Aaron resumed their journey home, Smog whinnied a horse's version of laughter. "Yea. Laugh it up." Aaron grumbled. Smog whinnied again.

*ILS had a Family meeting.*

“Honey, kids,everybody is gone, we are the only ones left her in Holland.

I went on the STF.N site and found out that the entire world is kidnapped exept for all STF.N members and they all went to a place in America called EDEN.

They want us to join them, so do you all wanna go to America?”

The whole family looked at ILS with big eyes.

“But..but how do you wanne get there my dear “Ils wife askes.

“WE GO BY BOAT!”,

ILS saw how the kids were dancing around the house and yelling”We are going to America!!”

His wife shaked her head and said”but do you know how to sail, and what are we going to do with our sheep??”

“We will take them with us, we will tow another ship with the sheep”(ILS hobby is to keep sheep in his backgarden)

The Family traveled to the nearest Dutch-Port and found a abandoned Yacht, a big Two-masted 60 meter long Yacht.

Ils looked for another boat on where his could put his sheep.

Then he broke into a maritime-shop were he found the manual “Learn sailing step by step” by A.M. De Ruyter, he readed the first chapters. In the meanwhile his wife and kids bought food and supplies for the long journey across the big sea between Europe and America.

In a Computerstore he took a Laptop with a Wireless Internet Connection, so he could log into the site when ever he want and to keep the rest updated on his adventures journey to ~EDEN~

ILS checked every thing, the sheep were on the tow-boat, the family was on the Yacht the wind was coming for a good direction, he put on his Captains hat, layed in a course, raised the Anker and sailed to the open sea.

He looked from the bridge over the water at the West and yelled as hard he could,

“WE ARE coming TO America!!”

(To be contignued)

Edited by ILIKESEVEN

Lida and the girls flew back to the farm after talking with Abe and Becka. Lida wanted to get a nice supper ready for them. She landed on the road but left the plane in the front of the house this time, she wanted to hurry and get her and the girls cooking. As Lida stoked the stove to get it ready to cook she noticed out the window Aaron, coming down the road towards the house. She ran out the front door and down the steps to see how he had made out finding gasoline for the generator. He pulled up next to the plane and stopped.

"How'd you do? Get gas??" She asked him as he climbed down from the buggy.

"Yea. I got us enough to last for a while. I also got a few other things." Aaron answered. Lida told him about Abe and Becka arriving soon. "I'd better get this buggy unloaded and things ready for all of those animals." He said.

"Good. I'll be inside working on supper." Lida replied.

Aaron led Smog and the buggy over to one of the out buildings where they stored the fuel. After unloading the buggy he led Smog as they backed the buggy into it's building. Then he unharnessed the horse and led him over to the field where the rest of the horses were grazing. As Aaron closed the gate behind Smog he fished around in his pocket, producing a Butterfinger. He unwrapped and fed it to the stallion. "Just keep these treats between you and me ok boy?" I'm don't have enough to go around to all the horses.

As soon as Aaron came inside, Taffita marched right up to him. Addie and Lida were still in the kitchen but Taffita had used to opportunity of a pot boiling over to get away. She hated cooking with all her being. This entire farm life was nothing like the young, rich girl was used to. The sooner T'Son got here so they could go to New England, the better.

"SMOG likes you," she said bluntly. "He also says you have candy. Do not look at me like that; of course I cannot talk to horses. He makes himself understood though." Grumbling, Aaron pulled a Kit-Kat out of his pocket and gave it to her.

"This is for use of your horse," he said.

"Thank you, but Nathan was the one who found him. He belongs to Nathan." She smiled sweetly and went upstairs.

"Hey wait, aren't you supposed to be helping Lida and Addie cook?" he asked. There was no response, and a moment later he heard the generator start. Sighing, Aaron headed upstairs to get the internet-happy teenager off, hoping he would not be attacked by killer termites or something.

After Aaron had filled the generator and got it started Taffita decided she didn't want any part of kitchen work and disappeared into the loft. Lida called to her but Taffita couldn't hear her over the generator.

"Aaron?" Lida asked. "What happened between you two out there?"

"Well she told me that Smog liked me and that I was giving him candy. She said she was waiting for someone named Nathan. Then she went and got on the computer." Aaron said.

"And that's ALL she said?" Lida asked him.

"Yea. Maybe she's not taking this too well. I know this has been quite an adjustment for everyone. I wouldn't even know how it would affect a teenage girl." Aaron had a strange perplexed look on his face.

Lida was concerned. Addie had told her how Taffita keeps telling her as soon as Nathan shows up, she's leaving.

"She plans on leaving you know when her friend Nathan gets here, did you know that Aaron?" Lida told him then asked.

"I didn't know that. I don't think that's a good idea. It's not safe for two kids to go off alone. Who is this Nathan anyway. I'm going to have a talk with him." Aaron hitched up his pants while he spoke. "Maybe Abe and Becka can give us some advice when they get here, They are parents. I'm out of my element here." Aaron could feel a headache forming.

"Me too." Lida said. "But I feel compelled to take matters into my own hands with her now. She has been here with us for a while and I feel well, sort of like her mother. Well, maybe not quite her mother, more like her big sister. Yea, as soon as Abe and Becka and the kids get here we'll have to have a talk with them, alone." Lida suggested.

Just then, from outside the house a tremendous screeching roar could be heard by everyone. Lida ran to the window. At the front steps stood Ella and Ephram. Abe and Becka were just pulling up in the buggy and the rest of the brood and herd.

OOC- The reason Nathan is taking so long to arrive is because he never replied to my e-mail and I keep forgetting to mention it over the phone. Would it be too rude to just start writing his character?

Taffita was deeply engrossed in typing the next chapter of one of her fanfiction.net stories when a tremendous racket from outside disturbed her. She quickly ran to the window and looked out to see that it was the people they had met from the plane earlier. Being shy, Taffita decided she was not going to go downstairs and greet them. Being curious, Taffita stayed at the window and watched. Lida and Aaron greeted them cordially, found a place for the elephants, and led them inside. Addie was very excited and hyper the whole. Taffita smiled at the little girl's antics. She was cute if nothing else.

Abe and Becka were so happy to be at the farm finally. It took them 5 days on the road to cross half of Indiana. Two of the buggies were also pulling large hay wagons full of animals in cages and some walked behing tethered to the wagons. It was a hard trip for the animals so extra food and water and comfort had to be given to them at this time. Everyone knew that. Especially the younger animals. They had to stop frequently along the way when the young ones tired. They would be put into a wagon and ride for a while then trade places with those who walked for a while. Everyone was exhausted and it showed on their faces.

All the animals taken care of now and in the barn and some of the out-buildings for the night. The entire family sat down for supper. Taffita was being difficult and chose not to eat. Lida sat and fretted all during supper over it. Addie was so excited she didn't stop talking. Her three girl cousins were so happy she was still here. The boys seemed to be more interested in talking with Aaron about 'Guy' stuff.

Abe and Becka were just wiped out. "Mind if we hit the hay everyone?" Abe said as they finished their dessert. "No, go right ahead." Aaron said. "Take any bedroom but the first two at the top of the stairs on the right." Aaron winked at Lida. "Sure, we know the way." Becka said. And Abe and Becka went upstairs. "Can you girls start cleaning up for me?" Lida asked They all jumped up and quickly cleared the table and started washing the dishes. Bart cleared his throat. "How bout we all go out to the barn and get on the site?" He said to the men. "Yea, lets go." Able and Cain said too. They all went out the back door.

Edited by Jeanway

They climbed the ladder to the loft, Bart went up first. Once everyone got up there they all took a computer. Bart sat next to Taffita who had been up there since they arrived. Bart looked at Taffita and she looked at him. "I remember you from the road." He said to her. "Yea, so?" Taffita answered sarcasticly and pretended to ignore him. Bart logged onto the site. He got the feeling she didn't like him at all and decided to ignore her too.

Edited by Jeanway

"Yeah. So?" Taffita answered rudely. Bart gave her a hurt look and logged onto the site. Taffita felt guilty immediately. Her parents had always told her, "If you want friends, you have to be a friend." She ignored them. She could survive on her own. She was afraid of humans, and thus pushed them away. She could not help it- it had become automatic over the years. Not that it mattered. Even if she let them get to know her, they would just be scared off by her natural behavior. Taffita logged onto a Star Trek website and was soon so deep into a fanfiction, the world outside ceased to exist, and even that excited chatter of Addie and her cousins faded away. At last, near one am, Taffita logged off and went down into the black bedroom in the passage. Immediately she fell into a restless sleep that would wake her up at 4:03 am.

The men stayed on the computers for hours. After the girls got the kichen cleaned up they joined them. All eight computers were now logged into the site. Lida joined Aaron on his, she sort of sat on his lap. There was Aaron, Addie, Able, Cain, Bart, Abigail, Beth and Calliope. Everyone was laughing and having a great night. When from below, in one of the stalls, a bleating cry pierced the laughter.

Addie was the first one down the ladder. "It's Maybelle. She's sick, I think. Lida. Aaron, come help her, she's sick. Hurry!" Addie screamed. One of the female goats was having a kidd.No one even noticed she was pregnant.

"Aaron, go in the house and get some towels?" Lida said.

Aaron took off running towards the house. Halfway there he tripped and fell on his face, getting up he ran into the house. A few minutes later he came sprinting back towards the barn.

Maybelle stood in the corner of her stall by herself.

Falling over with each contraction then getting up when it was over.

Lida sat down on the straw and tried to comfort her.

Rubbing her head and stroking her sides.

"It's O.K. Maybelle. We're right here. We'll help you now." She kept telling the grunting, bleeting, labouring animal.: Aaron rolled up his sleeves. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do but that seemed like a start. He knelt down beside Maybelle. "Aw Crap! I can see it's head." Aaron exclaimed. "Boys, get your father. Hurry!" He told them. They took off for the house.

"What's Abe supposed to do, Aaron?" Lida asked him. "Boys" She yelled to them. "Let your father sleep. I can take care of this." Lida said. The boys came back in the stall.

Lida knelt down behind the goat. She could see the kidd's head now too.

She stroked Maybelle's rock hard belly and spoke softly to her. Encouraging her and trying to keep her calm and quiet.

When with after a few more contractions the baby plopped out onto the hay.

Lida wiped the baby's face with a towel and cleaned off the afterbirth.

Maybelle quickly ate it.

Then began licking her new baby girl.

There wasn't a dry eye.

With everyone's eyes fixed on the new arrival, no one noticed that Aaron was passed out in the corner. Everyone crowded around Maybelle and the baby. The kidd was standing up almost immediately, then began to try to find Mama's milk. All the children wanted to touch the baby, especially Addie. :laugh: Maybelle, now exhausted just layed there as the baby nursed. After she was full, she fell asleep, as did Maybelle. "Come on children, let's let them alone for now." Lida said and they all left the stall, except for Aaron. That's when everyone turned around and saw him laying face down in the hay in the dark corner. Lida stood over him for a second then tried to wake him up. She rolled him over and slapped his face a few times. "HUH! What happened?" He said. "You fainted." Lida told him. He sat up, then got up and left the stall with Lida holding him up til he was steady on his feet. All the children were back up in the loft on the computers by now.

The next morning Abe and Becka were the first ones up. Everyone else stayed up on the computers for most of the night. Becka didn't wake the children since she knew they all needed to sleep right now after the long trip. Aaron and Lida came down to the kitchen as Abe and Becka were eating breakfast. Lida made a cup of tea for herself and Aaron and joined them at the table.

"We had a birth last night. Maybelle the goat had a female." Lida told them. Becka looked at Aaron who looked sort of green.

"Didn't handle it too well, aye Aaron?" She asked him with a chuckle. Lida, Abe and Becka laughed. Aaron concentrated on his tea. He felt dizzy. He quickly took a sip of his tea.

"I think Aaron needs to be ' Country-fide' Abe said.

"Want some eggs Aaron?" Lida asked him as she served herself from the skillet.

"Aaron?" She repeated, then held the plate of scrambled eggs out towards him. Aaron gulped as he looked at the eggs.

"No...I don't think that would be a good idea. I'll stick to the tea." He replied turning even greener.

"K, whatever." She said with a shrug, then Lida asked Abe a question.

" Are there any bee-hives here Abe? We've been having a bit of trouble with bees since we arrived. Aaron has been stung everytime he visits the out-house. There was a nest in there but he got it out. But there are still bees everywhere.?"

"There are lots of bee-hives here. This farm makes the best honey in the state. I'll show you where they are after breakfast." Abe replied.

"You up for a little bee-keeping Aaron?" Abe asked taking a bite of his eggs. Aaron gulped again.

"Sure. I think I can handle that." Despite his assurance Aaron was still a little green around the gills.

All the children still asleep, Abe led Aaron, Lida and Becka out to the hives. "Well, look at this!" He said. "No wonder your having so much trouble. Something had disturbed the hives here. Half of them have been knock over. What could have done that?" He asked. Lida knew immediately what did this. The wind from the propeller. The tire tracks from the Piper were only a few feet from the hives. "I'd better keep the plane somewhere else. Now that I know the hives are here. That first night, it was dark, I didn't see them when I drove the plane back here." Lida told him. "Just keep it out front Lida." Abe said. "Makes a fine lawn ornament." He said laughing.

They helped Abe right the hives carefully, then they left them alone.

Someone must have got up in the meantime and gone to the barn since they heard the generator running. Aaron went to the loft to take a look. "It's just Taffita, she's back writing her FanFiction again." He told them when he came down.

Abe and Becka noticed that Aaron and Lida both had exasperated looks on their faces. "I take it the girl is a little headstrong?" Abe asked. "We're not sure what to do. She wants to go off to New England with someone she's waiting for." Aaron explained. "We're not her parents but we feel responsible for her." Lida added. "It's just not safe." Aaron said. "Even if the world is almost deserted. Aaron and Lida were both starting to look worried. Becka and Abe looked at each other and smiled. "Aye. She at that age when she starts thinking for herself." Becka said. "Thinking she knows everything." Abe chuckled.

Edited by Jeanway

"You have children her age. Are they all like this? How do you deal with them?" Lida asked.

"You have to learn to give them some freedom. They have to figure things out for themselves." Becka explained.

"And make sure you keep an eye on them." Abe went on. "They may not ask for your help but they won't turn you down if you offer. Usually."

"My, my. You're both looking worried now." Becka laughed.

"Come on. Let's see to the animals. They're all hungry after the journey and a night's sleep." Abe said.

Becka and Lida started with the chickens, feeding them and gathering the eggs. Abe and Aaron went to slop the hogs. The slop had a pungent aroma. Aaron was still a little queasy but he managed alright. Aaron dumped the pails he was carrying over the fence the hogs dove into it.

"Now, now. Don't make pigs of yourselves." Abe laughed.

Edited by fenriz275

Next they fed the horses and the mule. Of course, Smog wanted a candy bar, which Aaron quickly pulled from his pocket and fed to him in secret. He didn't want the other horses to see. Smog sniffed around Aaron's pockets for another one.

"Alright. One more but that's it. Don't be greedy now." Aaron whispered. Usually Addie and Taffita milked the cows. But the cows were full and mooing in discomfort. All four of them grabbed a stool and started milking. Aaron, of course acting like he knew what he was doing, but coming up dry.

"Here, let me show you." Becka said to Aaron and showed him the technique. The cow that Aaron was trying to milk was getting agitated at him fumbling around with her teats. She smacked him with her tail.

"Hey. Watch it." Aaron protested. He tried to be gentle but his big cold hands squeezed too hard and she kicked him and knocked him off his stool. Eventually he got it and tried to catch up filling the pail. He was in the rhythm and he did it. They each emptied the pails into the tall milk cans until all the cows were dry. They took the cans into the house and down to the cool cellar.

"Yee Gads." Becka said. "With so much milk we have to use it up quick before it curdles. What should we make Lida?" She asked her. Lida thought for a moment and said.

"Hmm, we could make custard pies and rice pudding. How's that sound?" She answered.

"And how about a nice fish chowder? We certainly have plenty of fish." She added.

"Aaron? Do you like fish chowder?" Lida asked him.

"I've never had fish chowder." He answered. His stomach growled.

"Oh? You'll love it, I think. We have everything we need. Let me get the girls up and fed then we can start peeling the potatos and onions. With this crowd it's going to take a while to make it." Lida told him.

"And I'll get on the pies and rice pudding Lida." Becka said.

"We'd better take a look at the fields." Abe suggested.

"Good idea. No ones tended them for a while." Aaron agreed.

"This farm has the best soil in the county you know." Abe said proudly.

Aaron adjusted his hat as the men went off into the fields to check the crops.

"I reckon we'd best get this harvested sometime this week." Abe observed.

Aaron wasn't sure what that would entail but he tried to ready himself for it. :laugh: Then Aaron and Abe went back to the house to see if the boys were up yet.

Edited by fenriz275

While Lida was waking the girls, the boys, were in the room directly below them on the second floor, began to stir. The boys jump jumped out of bed and went down to the kitchen. The girls, on the other hand, took their time getting dressed and washing in the basin in their room, Addie's room. Then they went down to breakfast. Aaron and Abe came back in. As the boys sat at the table and the girls fussed around the stove next to their mother, Aaron asked the boys what they thought of Taffita. Cain and Able looked right at Bart, who sat there quietly.

"Mmm, she's alright I guess." Bart spit out. "But I don't think she likes me very much. She got up and left the loft last night without even saying Good-Night to me. I tried to be friendly to her but she just snapped at me. I don't know what I did or said to make her so mad at me." Bart said.

"I think that's just her way." Aaron said. "Some people aren't very comfortable around other people."

Bart looked down sadly. His dark shiny hair fell over his forehead, nearly covering his dark brown eyes. He was sad.

"Where is she, by the way?" Bart asked.

Lida answered. "She's out in the loft, writing stories with some of her friends. Taffita loves to write."

"No kidding??" Bart said with surprise. "So do I." Bart added.

"Well, Bart, maybe you could write with her on the computer. Lida suggested. "I think they call that 'Team-Writing' or on the site, they call it 'Simming'. Me and Aaron do it all the time" Lida told him.

And with that little tid-bit of information, Bart bolted out the back door and ran towards the barn.

"I gotta see this." Cain said. "Me too." Said Able. They ran out the backdoor after Bart. "Boys! Boys! You come back in here right now and leave your brother alone!" Becka yelled. They came back in and sat down at the table, looking all P.O.ed :laugh::laugh:

Bart climbed the ladder to the loft. Taffita was sitting there lost in her story on the screen. Bart just sat down next to her and turned the computer on.

While Lida, Becka, and the girls were cooking Aaron, Abe, Cain, and Abel took care of the rest of the animals. Cain and Abel were especially eager to see to Ella and Ephram. A full grown elephant eats a lot of food, an a nursing mother eats even more. Abe had given the boys the responsibility of taking care of the two pachyderms and they took special pride in doing the job. Aaron and Abe watched as the boys made sure Ella had fresh greens. They had put her and her Ephram in a smaller field away from the rest of the livestock and horses because Ella tended to get protective of her baby when any other animal came near. She didn't mind the boys though. In fact she seemed to enjoy playing with them, knocking their hats off with her trunk while Ephram inspected their pockets with his.

The boys laughed as the fed and watered the elephants, and played with them. "You boys can go get on the computers when you're finished here." Abe told them. "Let's you and I take a look at the farm equipment." Abe suggested to Aaron. On their way to the barn the passed by the house. The smell of baking filled the air. Aaron's stomach growled loudly. "It'll be supper time in a few hours." Abe laughed. "And tomorrow we'll see how well you do harvesting wheat." Aaron had no idea what was in store for him. :laugh:

The trunks that were unloaded from the wagons were full of dirty clothes. Becka had been putting off doing laundry until the had got some rest. Eight people's clothing from a five days trip was a daunting task without the aid of electricity and a washer and dryer. She and the girls finally decided it was time to tackle the job.

There was a special room in the house just for this purpose. Large stone tubs were equipped with a pump with a handle on each tub. They used lye soap and baking soda, which tore the skin on their hands to shreds. They used metal wash boards for scrubbing and all the laundry was hung outside on a clothesline to dry as well as inside the laundry room which had racks hanging from the ceiling that could be raised and lowered with a pulley. It was tradition for only the women to do the laundry. :laugh:

post-897-1098411766.jpg

Edited by Jeanway

OOC- I finally remembered to talk to Nathan (I guess his e-mail got lost) and he said I could use his character. So I will introduce him here.

Taffita congratulated herself for the most part. With all the people in the house, she had made it her personal goal to hide, being extremely shy. She had read all morning while the other teenagers and children slept, and now was on the computer. The boy called Bart was beside her again; she figured he was just being friendly by sitting next to her. At any rate, she had decided not to say anything.

Coming back from feeding the many animals on the farm, Aaron, Abe, and Cain saw a teenaged boy they did not recognize standing on the road looking at the plane in wonder. "What's your name?" Abe asked. "TSonofvulcan on STFN, Nathan in real life," he answered. "I am looking for Stephanie." The three stared at him. "Do you mean 'Taffita,' or 'Taffy'?" Aaron asked at last. Nathan nodded with a sigh. "She switches her nickname about once every few years. I should have known." Aaron directed him to the loft, sincerely hoping that he would be able to help control the unpredictable teenager.

"Hello stranger," a voice said from behind Taffita and Bart. Both whirled around to see Nathan leaning into the loft. He was grinning. A moment later though, he was nearly knocked over as Taffita rushed over and hugged him. Neither of them noticed Bart looking... not the happiest. Taffita was talking at warp speed, much happier now that her best friend was here. She took him to introduce him to Jeanway and Aaron. Bart followed a ways behind, wondering who exactly this "TSonofvulcan" person was.

Becka asked Lida for all the dirty laundry from everyone in the house. "Well, we're doing it anyway and you are taking such good care of us all." She said as Lida protested. With all the cooking and baking she and Addie and Taffita had been doing Lida felt it was a just swap. "Let me ask Taffita if she has any." Lida went out to the barn to find Taffita.

On her way across the yard she saw a boy she had never seen before going into the barn. "Must be Nathan has finally arrived." She said to herself and turned around and went back in the house, figuring she and Nathan had some catching up to do.

Edited by Jeanway

Everyone was heading for the house. It was time for supper. Aaron passed Taffita, who was smiling and humming something to herself, and Bart who was moping along behind her. Aaron was heading for the woodpile to get some firewood for the night. A strange yet very familiar odor caught his attention. "It can't be." He sniffed at the air again. Aaron walked around to the front of the woodshed. He caught that new boy. Taffita's friend, Nathan, sitting on a stump smoking something. From the smell Aaron knew exactly what it was. Aaron cleared his throat and Nathan nearly jumped out of his skin. He tossed something in the weeds as he stood up.

post-691-1098415976.gif

"Oh Hi...I'm...um...Nathan." The boy said, trying to act casual.

"Hi." Aaron said. He bent down and looked the boy right in the eyes. They were unmistakably bloodshot. Aaron stood up straight. He crossed his arms across his chest.

"See here son." Aaron groaned inwardly at hearing himself say that. "You're free to do whatever you want. I know I'm not your father so I can't stop you."

Nathan looked hopeful and almost smug when he heard that.

"But." Aaron continued, trying to look as stern as possible. "We have children here on this farm who are very impressionable. We can't have them exposed to this kind of 'stuff'. Now don't try and act innocent. I know all the excuses. Believe me because I've used them myself and they didn't work then so they won't work now. Now you're free to do what you want but we're not going to have any of that nonsense here. Understand?" Aaron waited for Nathan's response. The boy looked at his feet and just nodded. Aaron decided to let him off easy.

"Well. If I can have your word that this will be the only 'incident' then I think we can keep this between us. Man to man. No need to let anyone else know." Aaron said. Nathan nodded again, relieved.

"Good." Aaron said. "Now grab some firewood and then let's go eat."

Nathan grabbed an armful of firewood and headed for the house. Aaron went over to the weeds and picked something up and sniffed it. On his way back, he dropped it down the hole in the outhouse.

Edited by fenriz275

OOC- I do not know that I can continue doing this RPG-whatever thing. Apparently, despite whatever I am doing to try to get people as much in character as possible, I think I am still giving people the wrong impression. One of my biggest pet peeves is giving people the wrong impression, not staying true to oneself, etc. I may be reading too much into this thing, in fact I probably am, but I just do not know if I can continue, even in the mindset that it is "just a game." Perhaps when I am more mature or something. It is not your faults, Fenriz and Jeanway, because how are you to know that I would probably not run to comfort a crying child because I would be too uncomfortable or that Nathan would never in a million years smoke. Therefore, I think that I am going to withdraw us from this story. See you around STFN!

During supper that evening Taffita told everyone that she and Nathan were leaving for New England. :laugh:

After breakfast the next morning everyone stood in front of the house and watched Taffita and Nathan leave. Taffita riding Smog and Nathan riding a mare from the stable named Shadow. As they reached the end of the road and rode out of sight Addie cried. :flex: Lida comforted the little girl and said. "They may be back Sweetheart, we NEVER know what the future holds in store for us." Addie ran up the road, waving and yelling "Good bye". :laugh:

And now back to our story..........................