Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ EDEN ~~

He had seen enough. He walked towards the door and as he turned to close it, out of the corner of his eye he caught a brief glimpse of a person in the large mirror behind the alter. And this person wasn't him. :( He rubbed his eyes then looked again and it was gone. "What tha?" He said outloud then quickly closed the door and hurried down the tunnel towards the barn.

The door to the barn from the tunnel was in the floor of the barn. He climbed a short ladder to get to it. He pushed it open and it fell open onto the dirt floor in an empty stall. Seeing now how Addie was able to get under the house from the barn. "Good thing to know in case we're attacked." He said outloud with a chuckle.

The girls were all in the kitchen making the dough. Kes and Baby Tongue were laying in the sunny window munching on the left over peas from lunch and watching. Addie had never been this close to real Iguanas before and was fascinated with them. "Do they bite?" She asked Lida. "Not if they like you and you feed them they won't." Lida answered with a laugh. Addie pulled her hand away sharply and Lida laughed again. "I'm just kidding, Addie. No, they don't." she added.

The dough was rising in bowls in the warm kitchen near the stove. The smell of yeast and Cardamon was in the air. "Smells good Lida." Taffita said. " Smells like when my Mum used to make bread." Addie said sadly then began to cry again. Lida and Taffita just let her cry it out this time.

The generator could be heard from the house. Aaron must have been on the computer. He had been in the barn for most of the afternoon as the women folk cooked and baked bread. Lida knew the bread was really good with a beef stew so she had the girls peeling and cutting vegetables as she cut up and braised the beef chunks in butter with the onions and garlic. 'Addie?" Lida asked. "Yes, Mum." Addie said by mistake. Lida and Taffita looked at her for a second. Obviously she hadn't realized what she just said so they just let it go. "Your Dad and Mum wouldn't have had some wine around here would they?" Addie thought for a moment then said. "What is wine?" Lida assumed there was none and said. "Nevermind." After a few minutes Addie said. "Is it like grape juice only it taste funny, a little?" Lida answered. "Yes, Addie, that is what wine is. Do you know if there is any in the house?" "Ah yes Lida, but my Papa said it was 'medicine' and only for the grown-ups." She answered. "Well, do you know where your Papa kept it Addie?" She asked. "Ah, yes, it is in the cellar, but the cupboard, it is locked and only Papa has, um, had the key." She answered. Lida thought for a minute then asked Addie. "Addie, where are your Papa's clothes that you found in the Outhouse?" "They are in his room, I put everyone's clothes in their rooms, upstairs.

"Keep an eye on this meat will you Taffita, I'll be right back." Lida went upstairs.

Edited by Jeanway

Lida hadn't been upstairs yet, eventhough she had been there for a few days already. She had been so tired every night she just slept on the sofa in the parlor. Where Aaron slept, she had no idea. But he did seem to wander around the house alot during the night. Perhaps he suffered from insomnia.

She had no idea there were eight bedrooms. Well, now she thought with six children that would make sense and an extra room for guests, unless of course Addie's parents each had their own room. In some religions that's the norm since the actual act was only performed for purpose of procreation. She didn't know about the Amish on that issue.

She looked through each room trying to locate Addie's clothes. She thought perhaps the keys to the 'Liquor' cabinet were in them. Finally she found the right room, his clothes and the keys. Then she went back to the kitchen. "Addie, can you show me which cupboard you were talking about?" Lida asked. "Sure." She said and they went down the ladder again to get the wine.

After retriving a bottle of "Medicine" from the cellar Lida poured a cup or two over the briasing beef, then added all the vegetables, water and covered it to cook. The aroma was heavenly as the heat burned off the alcohol leaving only the sweet scent of grapes in the air. The huge round braided loaves of bread were lined up on one counter to cool. Addie and Taffita had already begun eating one with butter, they just couldn't wait and Lida saw no reason not to let them, she had some too. When Aaron came in the backdoor. 'I can smell whatever that is all the way in the barn. What are you making in here anyway." He asked. "It's a beef stew Sweetie, ya hungry?" She asked. "Hungry enough to eat my socks, yes I am, thank you." He answered.

Dinner was wonderful. Everyone had more than one bowl of stew and they had already gone through three loaves of bread. Everyone was exhausted and decided to go to sleep. Addie took Taffita up to her room on the third floor. One of the larger bedrooms. She had a huge bed, as did all the rooms. Big enough for four people to sleep in. "Papa, he made all our furniture. He liked the big bed. He was a big man and Mama, she was vey tall." Addie told Taffita as they climbed up on the soft, feather filled mattress and pulled the quilt up over themselves. Addie blew out the lamp and they went to sleep.

Taffita could not sleep. The thought of the passageway from the cellar to the house haunted her. But then, Taffita could never sleep under the best of circumstances. She wanted to go online or something, but decided that the hum of the generator would too loud at night and she did not want to use up her hosts' electricity. Addie was sleeping deeply, if the little breathing noises she made were any indication. So, Taffita slowly slid out of the gigantic bed and lit the oil lamp. Using it as her guide, she crept downstairs. The door to the cellar creaked, but no one awakened. Smiling, Taffita closed it behind her and entered the room behind the spice rack.

After twelve minutes which were just spent staring at the autographed picture of Leonard Nimoy, Taffita continued, looking in random doors. Soon, she too found the room of mirrors. Being in the room gave Taffita a chill. She did not like it. Not only was it filled with strange religious artifacts (which Taffita did not like because she was Christian), but it was full of mirrors (which she did not like because they reminded her that she was... sturdy). As she turned to go, she saw an outline of a person in the mirror behind the altar. Taffita spun around, but no one was there. She waited a moment more, absolutely still, and then decided she was letting her desire for something supernatural to happen trick her again.

The next room Taffita entered was a bedroom done all in black. It reminded Taffita of her rrom at home, which was also in the basement and waqs going to have a black theme if Mom had ever got around to ordering the sheets. This bedroom had a very unlived-in feel though, and Taffita figured it was a bedroom for if natural disaster struck and they had to live in the passageway. She pulled aside the curtains around the bed and saw... nothing. Vaguely disappointed, Taffita climbed onto the bed, and fell quickly into a light sleep from which she would wake at 0630 hours the next morning.

Old habits die hard. After sleeping for a few hours Lida was awake. She rarely slept more than a few hours at a time. She went to the kitchen and saw she had left Kes and B.T. on the window sill, where they were asleep. She took a handmade quilt from the parlor and folded it and made a bed for the lizards. The stove seemed to be where they wanted to be closest to anywhere in the house so she made a bed for them right next to it on the sill, then folded the quit over them.

She could hear the whir of the generator in the barn and knew Aaron was on the computer. She made two cups of mint tea and went to the barn. "Hey!" She called up to the loft. He stuck his head out over the ladder. "Want some tea?" She said as she held the cups up towards him. He reached down as she tried to balance herself and slowly step up. He took them from her hands as he reached down, laying on his stomach over the edge. Once up there she sat at one of the many computers. "Any luck?" She asked him. "With what?" He asked. "Anyone respond to the thread yet?" She asked. "Anyone coming?" She added. "Oh, I forgot to look." He answered. "I'll look now." He said. "Me too." Lida said. They both logged onto the site.

They were amazed at the replies. The possible list of Abe's family user names were all there and they had guessed right. Alterego IS Abe, he was the first reply. He said:

"Yes, Lida and Aaron. We are on our way. Just packing up the buggies and will be on the road to Eden soon. Hope you are taking good care of the farm and our little Addie. I am sure you have met her by now."

The next post was from Bill and Lenny { Bungalo Bill and Cool_ Hand_ Lenny}:

" See ya soon, you two. :laugh: We are bringing the horses from the farm in Upstate New York. We have a caravan of horse trailers and are on or way. See you soon. Love Kirk and Spock :wink_kiss:

Various other members replied also asking if they should bring anything with them and their dates of departure and estimated dates of arrival, alot of Bandwaggoning going on here. The thread strayed off Topic a few times but basically everyone was saying they were coming and from where. :(

Edited by Jeanway

The rooster crowed in the barn below them and they heard Addie and Taffita talking. "You have to take all these eggs out of the nests. If you don't, they won't lay again. Put them in the basket, then we have to milk the cows. We must milk them every morning, understand Taffy?" Addie said. "Um, yea." Taffita answered. "Need any help down there you two?" Lida called from the loft. "No, we can do this, we will be fine." Addie answered. A few minutes later Lida and Aaron could hear the milk squirting into the buckets below them. "Hey, stop that Taffy!" Addie yelled. Apparently Taffita thought it was funny to aim one of the cow teets at her and squirt her in the face. Now they were both doing it and laughing hysterically. The cows started mooing loudly amoungst the laughter. "Come on, hurry, we need to milk the goats too you know and feed the horses and the mules." Addie told her. Aaron and Lida just giggled at their antics. :(

* Meanwhile in a small village in Holland *

ILS wakes up it was a beautifull morning, it was saturday morning, everytime on saturday he is the first person out off bed and goes to the bakery to get some fresh baking bread.

He looks beside him and sees mrs. ILS still sleeping, he walks on his toes to the childrensroom and sees the kids also a sleep.

ILS puts on his clothes and walks outside, "Hmm, very quit for a saterday-morning" he thinks, "no one on the streets", he walks to the bakery and sees that it is still closed"hmmm, that funny" :laugh: he walks to the supermarket and sees that it is closed to :(

"there must be somthing going on, i feel like i am in the Twilight Zone :(

ILS walks for two hours through RUINEN and noticed that everybody is gone, he and his family are all alone :(

Edited by ILIKESEVEN

Taffita had to act up- she HATED farm work. She hated farms in general in fact. Even if she lived on farm land, she would probably just sell it and keep the house... if there was anyone left to sell to. But Addie had found her in the passageway and told her she was to help. Another thing Taffita hated was taking orders from eleven-year-olds... but hey, this was the end of the world so she had to help out, right?

After what seemed like forever, they went inside. Jeanway was already amking omelets, and she did not hesitate to have Taffita and Addie help, Addie by cooking bacon and Taffita by getting things from the cellar... since after the spice rack incident, no one trusted her around the stove. But at last, all four of them were able to settle down to a nice breakfast of omelets and bacon.

Since Aaron and Lida sat in the loft most of the night on the computers they were exhausted. And after that huge breakfast of omletes and bacon, coffee bread, peaches and cream and cranberry juice they were staggering around they were so sleepy. The girls decided to both go to the loft and get on the site. Aaron went back out and turned the generator on for them and showed them how to do it. With all the animals fed, watered, milked and happy now the rest of the day was free.

"I'm going upstairs and decide which bedroom I want, you coming?" She asked him. " Yea, sleeping in the loft and in the parlor has lost it's charm I think." He said. "Come on, let's go." She said as she started up the stairs. Aaron followed.

Room by room, they inspected. Lida sat on then layed down on each huge bed. As did Aaron. "I want the softest mattress in the house." She told him. "They look and feel like they are made of feathers don't they?" Aaron asked her. "Yea, that could be a problem for me. I get all stuffy when I sleep on a down pillow. What's a whole mattress going to do to me." She asked him. "Well, you could cover it with 3 or 4 quilts before you lay down on it, that might help." He suggested. "There is certainly no shortage of quits with 8 bedrooms." He added. When Aaron started up the steps to the third floor, Lida stopped him. "Let's let the girls have the upper floor to themselves. Gives them a bit more space away from us." She asked him. "Hmm, never thought of that." He answered. "O.K., so which room are you taking?" He asked her. "I think I'll take the room on the West side of the house in the front. I like to sleep late once in a while and the sun will wake me with the chickens besides I like the sound of the generator whirring. It makes me sleepy." She told him. 'That sounds like a plan. I'll take the one right next to it. For those very same reasons. Plus the fact I'll be closer to you." He told her. They looked at each other. :) :) :yes: :)

Lida went to her room and Aaron went to his. They both took a nap. After about four hours Lida woke to a familiar yet unexpected sound. The engine of the Piper. "What tha?" She said to herself as she ran down the stairs and out the back door. She definately heard the plane's engine.

She ran out to where she had parked it in the back of the farm. When she got to it she saw Taffita and Addie sitting inside, the propeller whirring around. "Lordy, Lordy, Lordy." She said to herself as she walked up to the pilot's side door and opened it. "Taffita? what do you think your doing?" She asked as she reached in and turned off the Master switch. "I wasn't going anywhere Lida. I just wanted to see how it worked." Taffita said. "Well, you might have asked first. I would have shown you." Lida said. "Well, will you?" Taffita then asked. "Sure, why not. Might come in handy someday for you to know how to fly." Both girls giggled. "Scoot over. Get in the seat with Addie, I'll show you." Lida said as she climbed in. She went through all the guages and knobs and dials. then showed them the check list they have to go through each time before taking off. "Can we go for a ride Lida?" Addie asked. "Yea, let's go for a ride." Taffita asked too. "Sure, why not." Lida said and began the pre-flight. "Maybe we could go get fuel somewhere while were up anyway, were low." The girls began to chatter as Lida did the pre-flight and showed them what to do. Then Lida started the engine and drove out to the road in front of the house to take off.

Edited by Jeanway

According to the map there was a small landing and refueling station just North of Angola. Just a few miles away. "This won't take long." She told the girls. It seemed as soon as they took off they landed again. Lida hopped out after taxiing right up to the gas pump. She filled the tanks, climbed back in and they took off again. Within minutes they were back at the farm and landing on the road in front of the house. "Well, that was fun." Taffita said. "When can I do it?" With the sun dissapearing now down behind the trees Lida told her "Maybe tomorrow, alright?" She told the girls. "It'll be dark soon. Not a good time right now. We need to get supper started anyway, you hungry?" She asked. "Starved." The said in unison. "Well, let's get at it then." Lida said as they all got out of the plane and walked back to the house.

Back in the kitchen now Lida asked the girls what they wanted to eat. "We got any ham?" Taffita asked. "Sure, we got plenty a ham in the meat cellar." Addie told her. Down the ladder they climbed, Lida followed. The girls went to pick out a ham and Lida began collecting the vegetables from baskets in the other part of the cellar. "Hmm, sweet potatos and maybe some green beans." She decided outloud. She gathered up a half dozen from the basket then a couple mason jars of green beans. The girls came up to her Addie holding a nice ham shoulder. back up to the kitchen they went to fire up the stove. "We need more wood, we're getting low here." Lida said as she pointed to the nearly empty wood bin next to the stove. "I'll go." Taffita said. Addie followed her outside to the stacked woodpile.

Edited by Jeanway

Lida looked at the cured ham and decided it would take too long to bake so she looked for a carving knife to cut it into steaks. The girls came back in loaded with wood in their arms. "Throw some more wood in the stove will you?" She asked and the girls began piling the wood inside the open door of the stove. Just then Aaron came downstairs. Scratching and yawning. He had been asleep at least 8 hours and felt refreshed now. "What cha cookin?" He asked Lida. He walked up behind her and put his arm around her waist. "Not in front of the girls, Aaron." She said softly as she tended the steaks in the skillet. 'Go help peel some sweet potatos so we can eat, alright?" Lida asked him. "Nope, that's woman's work. I'll go chop some wood or somethin." He answered as he went out the back door. Lida heard the generator start and she knew he was back on the site.

Aaron was on the site looking around. After a few minutes he decided he needed to do something more active. "If Lida and the girls are making supper you should at least chop some fire wood you lazy slug." He thought. He shut off the generator and climbed down from the loft.

Out by the wood pile he found an axe. There were a pile of logs that were waiting to be split into more usable chunks. "I've seen this done before, can't be that hard now can it?" He said to himself. Aaron sat a log on it's end. Gripping the axe handle he raised it up above his head and then brought it down again. Missing the log by a good six inches the blade buried itself in the ground. Aaron struggled to pull it free. "I think this is going to be a little harder than it looks." He muttered.

Aaron tugged on the axe but it was stuck firmly in the ground. Planting his feet he gave it a hard pull and it came free. Aaron fell backwards and landed hard on his butt. Getting back on his feet he picked up the axe and looked at the log. "Ok you. Say hello to my little friend." Aaron said, trying his best AL Pacino impression, which sounded more like Curly from the three stooges. The log was unimpressed. :)

Aaron brought the axe down on the log. It bit into the wood and became firmly stuck halfway through. It hung there, it's handle sticking out in the air like a flag, mocking him. "You son of a b****. I'll show you who's boss." Aaron said, attacking the axe handle. Pulling on it as hard as he could he struggled to pull it free. Occasionally it would wiggle a little before it settled back, stuck more firmly than before. :)

Lida found Aaron around the side of the barn near the wood pile. As she walked around the corner he had a sledge hammer over his head. He brought it down on a log that had an axe stuck in it. The hammer hit the log with a thud and the only result she could see was that the axe handle vibrated a little. "Is everything ok?" She asked.

Aaron nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard Lida's voice. He had the sledge over his head in mid swing when she spoke. Startled, he let go of the handle and the sledge hammer went sailing into the air. It landed right in the middle of the flock of chickens who were scratching at the ground, it's head buried in the dirt. Hens scattered in all directions. The rooster strutted up to this intruder and sqwauked a challenge. Taking the sledge hammer's silence as an insult, he attacked it with beak and claw.

"Come on. Dinner's ready. You can finish ... um ...chopping wood later." Lida said. Aaron started to protest then took a look at the rooster attacking the sledge hammer and the axe still stuck in the log and decided she was right. The axe remained in the log, waiting for round two. :)

Edited by fenriz275

"You know Aaron, all you had to do was bang the wood on the stump with the axe still in it. It would have split and that would have been the end of it." Lida said as she cut into her hamsteak. "You a city boy, Aaron?" She asked. :)

After supper Aaron went back outside. It was dark so he brought a lantern with him, which he sat down on a log. He grabbed the axe handle and banged the log on the stump Sure enough it split. Aaron stood there feeling like an jacka** for a few minutes. An opossum was walking by and looked at him. Aaron saw it. "What are you looking at you over grown rat?" He said. The possum gave him a look that said, "Merry Christmas to you too, a**hole." And then walked off into the night.

Aaron heard the generator start. "I bet Lida and the girl's are logging onto the site right now. I'd better get to work on this wood. It's not going to chop itself." With the proper technique Aaron was able to get a good rhythm going. After about an hour there was a nice pile of split wood forming. "A few more and that should keep us for a few days." Aaron said as he picked up another log and sat it on the stump. A spider that had been living in the stump was disturbed by having it's "house" moved and ran outside. It scurried up Aaron's arm. Aaron screamed and threw the log down. He danced around for a few minutes. "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!" After several minutes of this he stopped and realized the spider was gone.

Aaron decided he'd had enough wood chopping for a while so he went to join Lida and the girls in the loft. A short distance away the possum was watching. It munched on a beetle it had found as Aaron made an a** out of himself. "Humans. There goes the neighborhood." It thought.

Edited by fenriz275

There were eight computers in the loft. Aaron, Lida, Taffita and Addie were all at one. They were all logged into STF.Net and having a great time. The user list was huge. They had never seen so many people on at the same time before. The list went all the way down the right side of the page. Must have been 150 members logged on. Lida said to everyone. "I bet VBG is pulling his hair out by now." Everyone laughed. since Abe and Becka were on the road from Lafayette on their way there they weren't on. Neither were Bungalo Bill or Cool_Hand_Lenny. They were also on the road with their caravan of horse trailers in tow.

But ILikeSeven was on. He was Freaking Out there in Holland. "There is no one here in my village. It's like the Twlight Zone here!!" He said in chatroom. Then he PMed Lida. 'Help!! What do we do?? How will I get me and my family to Eden Jeanway??" We want to come. Please Help us." Your Friend M***** {ILikeSeven}. Lida forwarded the PM to Aaron, even though he was sitting right next to her. "Here, read this." She said to him. Aaron read the PM from ILS.

Edited by Jeanway

Aaron read ILS's pm. Lida, Aaron, Taffita, and Addie talked about how ILS could get his family to Eden. "He'll have to come by boat. That would be the best way." Lida said. "Couldn't he fly? It would be quicker." Aaron suggested. "I'm not sure if he knows how. A boat is safer and he might have a lot of things they might have a lot of things they want to bring with them." Lida replied. "That's a good point. I hadn't considered that." Aaron agreed. They all agreed. Aaron sent ILS a pm asking him if he knew anything about boats. They looked online for a map to show ILS the best route.

"I feel like some tea. Anyone else want a cup?" Aaron asked after a little while. "Yea. That would be nice." Lida answered. The girls were enthralled with something on their screens, they just nodded. "Alrighty then. I'll be right back." Aaron said. Climbing down from the loft he head to the house. A few minutes later he returned to the barn carrying a tray with four cups on it. He also brought some slices of coffee bread for them to snack on. He handed the tray up to Lida and went to check on the generator. It was running perfectly so he climbed the ladder to join them at the computers.

Edited by fenriz275

After breakfast the next morning, Aaron went right out to the loft. Started the generator, then climbed the ladder. He had just logged onto the site when he heard the generator sputter then stop. :) He climbed back down the ladder and looked at the guage. It was empty. He checked around the barn for a fuel can. He found several but they were all empty. :)

There was only one thing for Aaron to do. He would have to go into the nearest town and get some more fuel. That left him with three options. Looking at all of the empty fuel cans he decided walking was not an option. He could fly but he wasn't confident of his ability to fly, or more accurately not crash, so that was out. That left the buggy. Which wasn't a problem, the horse however, might be. Fortunately for him the horses on the farm were very docile. He found the buggy in one of the out buildings. One of the horses, Taffita's horse Smog, saw what he was doing and came over to the fence. He was waiting for Aaron to let him out and harness him to the buggy.

Aaron noticed him waiting and opened the gate to the fence. Smog walked over to the buggy and gave him a look that said, "Well? I'm waiting let's get this show on the road." It took Aaron nearly an hour of fumbling and cursing to get him harnessed, but the stallion was patient. Finally he loaded the empty cans into the buggy and they were ready to go. Just as he was starting down the road, Lida came running out of the house. "Here. You might need this." She handed Aaron a map. "Thanks Sweetie but I think I can find my way." He said. Lida and Smog looked at each other but didn't say a word. Neither of them believed that for a second.

Edited by fenriz275

After telling him to wait a minute, Lida ran back into the kitchen. Threw a half a loaf of bread, some cheese and a small jar of applesauce in a small pail and brought it back out to Aaron who was in the buggy. "Here, in case you get lost. I don't want you starving to death somewhere." She handed up the pail to him. Smog took that as a sign to get going and he began to walk away from the house pulling the buggy. They clip-clopped up the dirt road towards the street.

The buggy made it's way down the dirt road towards the highway. Aaron found a black hat like the Amish men wear and put it on. He was taking his time and enjoying the ride. The horse knew exactly what he was doing and needed little guidance. At the highway Smog stopped. "What are you waiting for boy?" He asked. "Come on. The town's to the right." He tugged at the reins but Smog stood still. "Come on. Right." He tugged again. This time Smog looked back over his shoulder at him and gave him a look. "What?" Aaron asked. "Right. Let's go." He yanked on the reins again but Smog ignored him. After several minutes Aaron pulled out the map Lida had given him. He looked at it. "Oh. Oops. Sorry. Ok, left." He said sheepishly. The horse started down the highway in the correct direction. If it was possible for a horse to do so, Smog rolled his eyes.

The trip to town was leisurely. There were a few empty vehicles on the highway and Aaron stopped to inspect them for anything that might have been useful. Then it occurred to him that he could siphon the gas from their tanks while he was at it. "No need letting it go to waste." He said. The stallion looked at him. "What?" He asked. Smog ignored him and munched on some wild flowers growing beside the road. Aaron retrieved a length of rubber hose and an empty can from the buggy. He spent several minutes trying to pry the lid to the gas tank off. "Come on you ba***rd. Open." He grunted. Cursing he went back to the buggy and got a crowbar. "I'll show you who's boss." He said. Smog looked at him. "What?" He asked. The stallion looked at the car then back at him. "What?" Aaron said again, then it hit him. "Oh yea." He reached into the car and found the release for the gas tank. He pulled the lever and the lid popped open. Smog rolled his eyes again.

Edited by fenriz275

After lunch Taffita and Addie were a bit antsy. All the animals had been taken care of earlier in the day. But now the generator won't run until Aaron gets back with the gas. So Lida decided to take the girls to the plane for another lesson. "Come on you two. Let's go flying." She said to them. They beat her out the back door and to the plane.

As Lida was doing the pre-flight. She noticed a wet muddy footprint on the wing. and the gas cap on the tank was off. A piece of rubber hose sticking out of it. There was a spot of gasoline on the ground with some human excretions mixed in with it. "He tried to siphon gas out of here, that idiot." She said out loud. "What?" Taffita yelled from inside the plane. "Nothing, just thinking outloud." She answered.

Inserting the hose in the gas tank Aaron began to suck on the other end. After a few minutes he was gasping for breath. "Crap. This is harder than it looks." Taking a deep breath he he tried again. He was starting to get lightheaded when he suddenly got a mouthful of gasoline. He instantly spit it out and stood in the middle of the road choking and sputtering. "ACK!!!" He coughed. Hacking and choking he fumbled with the end of the hose, getting got the end into the empty can after getting gasoline all over himself. He walked back to the buggy as the can was filling.

The stallion sniffed him as he walked up. Aaron stank of gasoline and Smog snorted his displeasure. "You don't smell like roses yourself." Aaron grumbled. He opened the pail Lida had given him and ate some bread and cheese. It helped settle his stomach but he could still taste the gasoline. Adjusting his hat he went over to put the hose in another empty can. Screwing the lid on the full one he put it in the buggy. Aaron got better at siphoning as he went from vehicle to vehicle.

Edited by fenriz275

Aaron had filled up about half of the fuel cans from vehicles on the highway. Continuing towards civilization he pulled the buggy into a small gas station. The pumps weren't working so Aaron had to pull the lid off of the underground tank. Sticking one end of the hose inside he began siphoning. After he filled all of the cans he had brought with him he went inside to take a look around. Smog was standing in the shade swishing his tail at flies. "Be back in a few minutes boy. I'll see if there's anything inside you might like." Aaron said.

The gas station was typical of what you would expect. There wasn't much inside to be found that would have been useful. Aaron did find a few more empty fuel cans. He also gathered up all of the batteries and first-aid supplies the station had. Passing the magazine rack Aaron spotted a few books of crossword puzzles. He grabbed several of them and then sampled the candy on the shelves. "Well. At least these are still edible." Grabbing a sack from behind the counter he filled it up. Outside he filled the other gas cans he had found. "What's your pick Smog? Payday? Almond Joy? Butterfinger?" Aaron said as he offered a few candy bars to Smog. The stallion sniffed them and then ate all of them. "All three? Why not. I like the way you think boy." Aaron laughed. Aaron loaded the buggy and turned it back towards Eden. Together Smog and Aaron made their way back to the farm.

Edited by fenriz275