Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ EDEN ~~

post-897-1097645498.jpgEden was established as a meeting point and final destination for the remaining StartrekFan.Net members after everyone else in the world was taken by aliens.

The area is located in the far NorthEast corner of Indiana. Formerly inhabited by the Amish. There are hundreds of vacant farms. Self-sustaining farms where the outside world had no place. Life is simple here.

Aaron and Lida are the first to arrive. For the first few weeks they visited vacant farms of the area of Eden, a name they chose to call this new place. They chose a farm to live on in the former city of Angola. A farm located on the edge of Pleasant Lake.

They made frequent trips to stock with communications equipment. A neccessity now to guide the newcomers by way of radio and computer. A stockpile of generators in the huge barn assured they would be able to keep in touch with every member who wished to come.

This farm could be considered to be "Eden Central" for now. All animals found during their daily trips around the existing yet abandoned farms were brought here until new neighbors would take them as their own.

Edited by Jeanway

[ Though that looks like a very nice place :), I'll continue to dwell in Rod SerlingVille, which is a metropolis I now control via hacking into that city's computer-systems... :hug:]

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

* All posts in A FanFic are by invitation only. If you wish to particpate in this story please PM me and we will discuss your ideas. Please don't come in and post that your not interested. That just disrupts the flow of the story for we who are writing it. Thank You. No offense intended.

post-897-1097645498.jpgEden was established as a meeting point and final destination for the remaining StartrekFan.Net members after everyone else in the world was taken by aliens.

The area is located in the far NorthEast corner of Indiana. Formerly inhabited by the Amish. There are hundreds of vacant farms. Self-sustaining farms where the outside world had no place. Life is simple here.

Aaron and Lida are the first to arrive. For the first few weeks they visited vacant farms of the area of Eden, a name they chose to call this new place. They chose a farm to live on in the former city of Angola. A farm located on the edge of Pleasant Lake.

They made frequent trips to stock with communications equipment. A neccessity now to guide the newcomers by way of radio and computer. A stockpile of generators in the huge barn assured they would be able to keep in touch with every member who wished to come.

This farm could be considered to be "Eden Central" for now. All animals found during their daily trips around the existing yet abandoned farms were brought here until new neighbors would take them as their own.

272183[/snapback]

The huge kitchen was equipped with a wood burning stove. A long trestle table with long benches on either side. The soapstone sink had a hand pump. Numerous butter churns, massive corner cabinets held the stone and metal ware , crockery and kitchen untensils. A large Amish family must have lived here. The piles of clothing Lida and Aaron found inside the house and barn indicated there we at least 12 people who lived here.

While Lida inspected the inside of the house Aaron decided it would be a good idea for him to have a look around outside. He wasn't sure exactly what an Amish farm had in the way of farm equipment but there was no time like the present to find out. Walking inside the large barn he looked around. Along one of the walls he saw work benches and a large quantity of hand tools. All of the stalls were empty. The horses and other livestock were outside grazing in the fields. It wa fortunate that the previous owners of the farm had left the animals out, they would have starved to death by now if they hadn't. Making a circuit of the other buildings Aaron came across an outhouse. "Well. I might as well see if it works." He said.

exterior_outhouse.jpg

Sitting down inside he saw a book on a little shelf beside him. "Hmm. The complete works of Shakespeare. This must be a high-brow toilet." He laughed. Thumbing through the pages Aaron stopped when he heard a buzzing sound. Looking around he spotted the wasp's nest in a corner near the roof. "Aw crap." Aaron was now in a desperate race to finish before the wasp's noticed their intruder. A few seconds later Aaron was opening the door and pulling his pants up in one motion when the wasps attacked. A few seconds after that Lida looked out of the kitchen window and saw Aaron running across the yard, holding his pants up with one hand and wildly swinging at the air with the other. His screaming startled the cows, who chewed their cud and watched from the field. :laugh:

Out the kitchen window Lida saw Aaron racing across the field screaming and waving his arms wildly over his head. "what did he get into now?" She thought to herself as she put down the pot she was washing and ran out the backdoor after him. "AARON!!!! WHAT'S THE MATTER??" She yelled as she took off running after him. "WASP!!! WASP!!!" He yelled. "WELL STAY AWAY FROM THE HOUSE. I DON'T WANT THEM IN HERE!!!" She yelled back. :laugh::laugh: That's when Aaron ran right into the lake, clothes and all and dove under the water. :eek:

He stayed in the lake fighting off the wasps for at least a half hour. They kept following him. Later he came back into the kitchen, soaking wet. "Did you get stung?" Lida asked him as she looked at his red and swollen face. :laugh: "Come, sit down. I'll make some mud for your face it'll draw out the venom and make the pain go away." Lida stepped out the backdoor to the garden. Scooped up a handful of dark, rich dirt and put it in the pot she brought with her. Then she went back in the kitchen, stood at the sink and pulled up on the water pump handle and made some mud with her hands. Then smeared it all over his face."Feel better?" She asked him. "Ya, much." He said spitting dirt out of his mouth.

The mud was doing it's thing and the stinging was starting to let up. "Welm. I bedder go tae care ob dat wap ness." Aaron tried to say.

"They stung you on your tongue too didn't they." Lida asked.

"Yef." Aaron mumbles.

"I guess you could chew on some mud." Lida suggested.

"Dats OK." Aaron said. Getting up he went to the door. Taking a deep breath he went outside. Heading for the barn he was wondering what he might find that would help him deal with the wasp nest. He remembered watching a show on TV once about beekeepers. They used smoke to control their bees. Inside the barn Aaron found an axe handle. Wrapping some straw around it with some twine he lit it, it started smoking nicely.

"Les see you 'ting me noo you basters." Aaron said as he set off for the out house.

Inside the kitchen Lida was looking through the cupboards. She glanced out the window and saw Aaron running across the yard again. He was yelling and swinging his arms around the air as wasps were dive bombing him, running like his pants were on fire. Then she noticed a trail of smoke was coming from his britches. Opening the back door she watched the wasps chase him into the lake again. Peeking up from underneath the water he had soggy leaves in his hair, but his pants were dowsed. "Idiot." She laughed and went back inside.

Wasps: 2

Aaron: 0 :laugh:

Edited by fenriz275

Taffita was out taking another walk. She seemed to do that a lot nowadays. Anyhow, an interesting sight made her stop. It was a vacant Amish farm community, but strange yells were coming from it. Curious, Taffita drew nearer. She was amazed to see some of of creature in a lake, but upon her second glance, she realized it was a person who was covered with wet leaves. She had no idea how he had come to be in a lake covered with leaves, but she decided he looked like he could use some help.

"Hello?" she inquired. "I'm Taffita. Do you require assistance?"

The leaf covered wet creature sloshed it's way out of the water and towards the girl who stood on the shoreline. "Whaa yu thay?" Aaron asked her. The girl repeated. "Do you need any help, Sir?" Aaron smiled and answered. " NAA, I Wath juth twyin ta git da dam wasthps offa me cuth day stung ma tung an dey won't leave me awone. Ma tung ith awl swoolen up in dere, thee." He stuck out his tongue at the girl. And she, not understanding a word he had just said about the wasps stinging his tongue and they keep chasing him, she thought he was some escapee from the mental hospital in Angola. :laugh:

Just then came walking up to the both of them................

Lida held her hand over her eyes to shield the sun. "Hi." She said to the girl and outstretched her hand. "I'm Lida and this is Aaron. We live in this farm over here." She pointed towards "Eden Central". "I saw you come wandering down the road and thought you might be looking for us. You must be a fellow member at StarTrekFans.Net., we seem to be the only people left." The girl said. "I'm Taffita. and yes, I too am a member. My username is Valeris." She told them. " :laugh: "Valeris, Oh, I'm Jeanway and this is Fenriz, I know you and you know me, remember?" Lida said excidedly. "OH, Jeanway!" Taffita cried :laugh: I thought I was all alone and I would never see anyone ever again. And now I find you two here." Taffita hugs Lida :laugh: "You must live close by here, I mean I don't see a vehicle so you must have walked here." Lida asked. "No, Lida, my horse is up there in the field, behind those trees, grazing in the shade. I heard Aaron and came over to see if he needed any help." Taffita put her fingers in her mouth and pursed her lips and let out a loud, high-pitched whistle and this enormous white steed came running at them from behind the trees. He stopped right in front of them and licked Taffita's face. She pet him on his neck and said. "This is my horse. His name is............

Just then Aaron was attcked by the swarm of wasps and start yelling and waving his arms again and back into the water he dove.

Edited by Jeanway

"This is my horse. His name is Sterling Melchoir Odysseus Garrett." At Lida's blank look, she added, "I call him SMOG." Lida laughed. Encouraged, Taffita continued. "We came here from North Carolina. TSonofvulcan- you remember him?- came with me, but he is still aways behind. He will come here soon if he does not get lost." Lida nodded.

"Of course, knowing they are guys..." Both turned to look at Aaron, who was spalshing to wasps around his head. Taffita laughed.

"Nathan- that's T'Son- and I were not sure where we were going, so we started by heading north. It is nice to see another female face after my time spent nearly alone on a horse." She explained further. "He is a pretty good horse- Nathan and I found him on an abandoned farm in North Carolina, and we figured we would use him to get farther faster, since neither of us can drive yet. Still, it was uncomfortable. Now, I have no maps or compasses... am I correct in that we are somewhere in Maryland?" she asked.

Edited by Valeris

Lida laughed at Taffita's assumtion that she was in Maryland. "Your in Indiana now. You really have been walking a long time, haven't you?" She asked with a chuckle. Knowing that Taffita must have seen the Thread Lida had left on the site, it read:

~ Come to Eden ~

"We have hundreds of empty, self-sustaining farms here just waiting for you. Everything you need is here. Food, water, pets, a new home, friends and companionship. We CAN all survive here. We don't even NEED electricity. We are in the upper NorthEast corner of Indiana. If you have a map just aim for the town of Angola. It is right in the center of our community. If you get to Angola and see no one around just ring the church bell, it can be heard for miles and we will come to you. Come as soon as you can. Your Friends, Jeanway and Fenriz."

Edited by Jeanway

Taffita smacked her forehead in annoyance. "I should have known this was Indiana, because of your thread on STF and the fact that you and Aaron are here. I hate it when Nathan is right- he said we were too far west... But I did print your notice out just in case heading to New York for Nathan, New Hampshire for me, did not work out." Taffita took off a gigantic backpack and pulled a few random items out- a pencil case, a therapeutic candle, a license plate from North Carolina- and at last the piece of paper. "So we would be in Angola, Indiana?" she asked. She needed to get her bearing again lest she would up in Montana and thought she was in Pennsylvania or something.

Lida and Aaron laughed. Taffita obviously had a sense of humour. Something we all needed more of in this situation. "We are about 3 miles South of Angola Taffita." Aaron said. "I go up there to raid the electronic stores and Radio Shack. You should see their Warehouse. We'll never run out of anything." Aaron added with a laugh. "So how then are you able to still contact the site? Can you show me? I haven't been on computer since I left home." Taffita asked. "Sure, come on back to the house. We set everything up in the loft in the barn and we also have computers in every room of the house, every room we use that is. The kitchen, bedrooms and not to forget, we even have a computer set up in the outhouse. You want to see? " OH, yes." Taffita answered. "Well, come on then. We all need some tea and something to eat about now anyway. You like hot biscuits with butter and honey, Taffita? And mint tea? We have a whole patch of mint growing right outside our back door." She told her.

" What I'd like to know is where all these bees are coming from. I got rid of their nest but there are still bees everywhere." Aaron said as he waved at the air around his head. "They seem to be attracted to you Sweetie, that's because your so SWEET." Lida said. Everyone laughed. "Aaron, maybe there are hives around here. We do have jars and jars of honey in the pantry. Some of them even have pieces of the comb in them. After tea why don't you go look way in back of the last outbuilding. I heard that people who keep hives usually put them far away from the house." Aaron just grunted. The thought of more encounters of this kind made him physically ill.

Edited by Jeanway

Taffita had gone into a bit of a trance. Computers in every room... this place really WAS Eden! And they were undoubtedly newer versions since Aaron was able to raid the electronic stores. Beautiful pictures of computers flashed through her head at warp 15. She was brought to by Lida asking something about mint.

"Oh, um, mint tea, yeah, I like it," Taffita said, shaking her head a little. She followed Lida and Aaron into the house, hoping one of them knew how to cook. Se could make eggs and pancakes and that was about it. "Let me just tie SMOG to something or another- he keeps trying to head south again."

"You can tie him to that tree over there," Aaron indictated said tree with a wave of his arm. "I think I will head inside to change." He looked down at his sopping wet clothes and headed towards the house. Taffita smiled sympathetically and quickly tied SMOG up. Hopefully, Nathan would see him and come before too long. She threw her backpack over one shoulder and followed Lida inside.

Lida had the water boiling in a huge kettle on the wood burning stove. The steam gently wofted into the air. The gentle breeze lifted the white eyelet curtains away from the window then back down again. The kitchen smelled of freshly baked biscuits which were lieing on the table in front of the open window in the sun. "Hold on Taffita. I have to go down to the cellar and get the butter, it stays cooler down here." She told her. "Oh, may I join you?" Taffita asked. "Sure come on down. I love it down there. Wait til you see." She answered with a giggle.

They both climbed down the sturdy, wide, wooden ladder to the cellar. At the bottom Lida had left a candle in a holder and some matches. As Taffita climbed down Lida lit the candle. "See." she said as she held up the candle and walked outer walls of the cool cellar. The walls were lined with shelves that went right to the ceiling. Each shelf had Mason jars filled with every sort of fruit and vegetable. "Look, there are peaches, plums, applesauce, cherries, tomatoes, green beans, beets, potatos, corn, baked beans, sauerkraut, pickles,melon, asparagus, peas, tomato sauce. The list went on and on. "I see what you mean Lida." Taffita said. "and over here are the crocks with the butter, enough for a month. There were also baskets filled to overflowing of fresh sweet potatos, onions, white and yellow and red potatos, unshucked ears of corn. Baskets lined the entire cellar in front of all the shelves. Lida hadn't even discovered everything that was there yet. The cellar was as big as the kitchen above it. Then she showed Taffita to another small door, which she opened and they entered. Inside there were huge pieces of meat. Some wrapped in cotton cloth that had been in the smokehouse out back. "You have a smokehouse here? Taffita asked. "Yep, I'll show it to you in a minute, come, look at this." She said. She led her to a large crate that was filled with smoked fish. And to another packed tightly with smoked turkeys. "Wow" Taffita said. "We won't go hungry here, that's for sure. Now what would you like for lunch?" Lida asked. Taffita thought for a minute then said. "Got Cheese?" Lida laughed. "Sure, right over here. She opened another door and before them were huge vats with cheese brewing in them. Another far wall with shelves with solid cheese lined up neatly in rows. "Take your pick." She told her. Taffita grabbed a nice mild cheddar wheel and they went back through the meat room where she grabbed a smoked fish then back into the first room and she grabbed three Mason jars. One with stewed tomatos, one of peas and one of peaches. Lida helped her carry the food back up the ladder to the kitchen. They put everything on the hoosier and began to cook. Taffita watched as Lida put the smoked fish into a large iron skillet with some butter and placed it on the stove. Then she opened the jar of stewed tomatos and dumped it over the fish. Then she opened the jar of peas and dumped them into a pan to cook."OOPs, we forgot, we'll need an onion." Lida said. "I'll get it." Taffita said and went right back down the ladder and back up in a flash. "Here you go." she said as she handed it to her. 'No, here YOU go." Lida said. "Peel it and slice it and put it in with the fish, ok?" She asked. Taffita, not accustomed to cooking, hemmed and hawwed but did it anyway. "There, done." Taffita said as she placed the last slice of onion in the skillet with the fish.

Edited by Jeanway

Taffita saw that she was going to half to need to learn to cook a bit more. Her onion slices looked sad indeed next to the rest of the food. She and Nathan had been living off Ramen noodles with hot water poured into them. She was not even sure that was the proper way to cook Ramen! It was just a good thing that since the end of the world had all but come, she had decided not to be vegetarian anymore. Meanwhile, delicious odors were starting to come from where Lida was cooking. Valerie felt like an ungrateful, little brat for just standing around. She (and Nathan if he got there in time) were going to have their first real meal in ages and she was just staring at all the wonders in the house.

"Lida, um, I know how to make this one cake, and if I don't botch it up too horribly, I can try making it..." she began.

"Sure, Taffita," Lida said. "We certainly have enough ingredients." Taffita smiled and headed down to the cellar again. It was her favorite place in the farm she had seen yet, and not because of the food. Taffita liked dark, enclosed spaces best, provided there were not other people there. Of course, darkness meant she could not see as well either. She tripped over a something-or-other laying on the floor and fell head first into a rack full of spices. Needless to say, the spice rack and everything on it feel on top of her with a resounding crash. Lida and Aaron heard the crash and ran downstairs to see what had happened. They were greeted with a dizzy Taffita poking her head out from between two of the shelves and a door that had been behind the spice rack that no one had noticed before.

"I fell into the spice rack," Taffita said. "I can clean it up-"

"Never mind. What is that door? And why was it hidden behind the spice rack?" Lida asked. Taffita spun around to see said door.

"I have no clue..." she said.

"Let's see then," Aaron said, twisting the knob of door and pulling it open.

Aaron pulled on the knob, which came off in his hand. "Damn!" He said. "We need a crowbar to get in there now." After trying to pry it open with his fingertips. "Tools, tools," He said as he smacks his forehead. "I need to go to the barn, be bright back." He said. Taffita and Lida cleaned up the fallen spice rack and all the small bottles on the dirt floor. Luckily none of them had broken. Lida picked up one of the bottles which the label said 'Cardamomn' on it. "Eww, Taffy, I can make a nice coffee bread with this. You want to learn to bake? We have barrels of flour right over there and let's see, we need milk, butter, sugar, eggs and yeast. AWW crap, where do we find Yeast, Taffy?" She asked Taffita. "Oh, I m sorry Taffita. May I call you Taffy, it just slipped out." Lida explained. "The names are so close."

Just then Aaron came back down the ladder wielding a huge crowbar. "Here we go, get out of my way girls, this could get ugly." He said jokingly. He forced the flat end in between the door and the jamb. "Uhh, uh uh." He grunted as he worked it down the side. "It's moving but it won't open." He said. "Like it's locked from the other side." Just then they heard someone on the other side of the door 'Cough' :( They all stood there frozen in fear.

Edited by Jeanway

They all backed away from the door. Aaron called out to whoever was behind it. "Is someone in there?" He said in a loud voice. "It's just me." A tiny voice answered. When the next thing they heard were the clicks and snaps of locks being opened. Then the door opened in and standing there was a young girl, about Taffita's age. All dressed in black. A cap on her head covering her hair. "Hello." She said meekly. "I didn't mean to scare anyone. This is my hiding place." She expalined. "But how did you get in there if all this stuff was in front of the door?" Aaron asked her. "From the tunnel that goes to the barn. That's how I get in and out." She answered. Lida spoke up and asked. "How long have you been in there?" The girl answered. "Just since last night when I heard you coming in your plane. I watched you land out front from the kitchen and then I ran out the backdoor to the barn when you came into the house." She told them. Just then it dawned on everyone. Lida said. "So you MUST be a member of STF.Net then. That explains why your still here." The girl stood silent for a second then answered. 'My parents or my brothers or sisters didn't know. It was my little secret." She explained.

The girl continued to explain. "One day I just found all my familie's clothes in piles all over the farm. Papa's were in the Outhouse, on the floor. My Mother's were on the floor in front of the stove in the kitchen. My six brothers were out in the fields and my five sisters were in the barn near the cows and chickens. They were collecting eggs and milking the cows. I didn't know where they had all gone. I was very frightened and I hid in here. But when I started to go out into the barn and to the house for food I realized they weren't coming back. I have been taking care of the animals all by myself." Lida, Aaron and Taffita just stood there for a minute in silence. Then Lida said. " Well, we're all here now. We don't know exactly what happened but we'll try to figure this all out together, alright, um, what is your name by the way? I am Lida and this is Aaron and this is Taffita." She said. "Oh, excuse me, yes, my name is Adelaide but everyone calls me Addie, I mean everyone DID call me Addie, til this happened." She said sadly.

"Well, Addie, are you going to come out now? You see we are harmless, don't you? Lida asked. "Yes, I was listening to you talk through the door. You all seem very nice. And yes, I will come out now." She stepped into the cellar. "Let's go up to the kitchen now, you must be starved Addie." Lida asked. "Yes, I am very hungry and when I smelled the fish cooking I got even hungrier. I was about to cry from the pain in my stomach." Addie said. "Come on then, let's eat." Lida said.

They all sat at the table. Addie came up and immediately set out the plates and cups from the cabinet. "This was my job, since I was the youngest and stayed with Mama much of the time. She was teaching me to be a good wife and mother." Addie's eyes began to fill with tears. "My Mama, and my Papa, I shall never see them agin, is that right Lida?" She asked in a pained voice. Taffita put her arm around Addie's shoulder and tried to comfort her. "It's alright Addie, we are here with you now, your not alone in your little room anymore in the dark. We will be your family now." Addie broke down in a shower of tears and held onto Taffita like she was her sister. Lida and Aaron just watched. :(

The fish now was cooked as well as the peas. Lida brought the platter and Taffita took care of the peas. They all sat and ate quietly. Then it dawned on Lida. She said to Addie. "You must be Abe's niece then, right Addie?" Addie spoke, still with food in her mouth. "OH, Uncle Abe! :laugh: Where is he? Is he gone too? How do you know Uncle Abe and all my cousins?Are they coming? Are they coming here?" She fired at Lida. "Yes, Addie, they are coming. They will be here soon." Addie began to cry again. :(

Edited by Jeanway

Taffita felt awkward comforting Addie. She may have had a little sister, but she was more of the type to barricade herself in her room and ignore the world. She rather liked the idea of little rooms in the dark off a passageway underground. Addie had mentioned something about their being several rooms off the passageway from the cellar to the barn, just in case of natural disaster. Taffita's mind was filled with possibilities... but this was Lida and Aaron's house, not hers. As soon as Nathan arrived, they would probably resume their journey north... after getting a decent map, of course. A thought suddenly struck Taffita.

"Who were you on startrekfans.net? I was Valeris, Lida was Jeanway, and Aaron was Fenriz."

Addie said to Taffita "I was 'aaaa'. I never posted but I read everyday. I read alot of your posts Taffita. I liked you very much. You sounded like me many times if I did post. Maybe we ARE real sisters, in spirit." They both laughed.

"I met a girl like that once. Her name was Natalia. We seemed to be living parallel existances- everything from wanting to be goths to our handwriting was the same. It was kind of freaky... but cool. She was not a member of STFN though. No, Nathan is the only person I have left of the people I used to know. I am not really that sad though- I had always wanted to escape anyway. How old are you anyway?"

"I am eleven... I will be twelve in three weeks," Addie said.

"You're my sister's ago then," Taffita said. "I am thirteen. Nathan is fourteen- he will be coming here soon."

"What about you two?" Addie asked Lida and Aaron. They looked a bit older, but the little girl could not tell how old they were.

Addie and Taffita looked at Lida and Aaron who then looked at each other, then laughed. "When I was your ages, I thought 18 was old. And forget about 30. I thought by then your life was over. But the older you get the further away 'Old' gets." Aaron said. "I'm 26 and Aaron is 29." Lida told them. "Aww, that's not old you guys, Taffita said. Then she turned to Addie with a smirk. :(

Taffita smiled at Addie. She knew Lida and Aaron had given that whole "old" speech for her sake, and Addie looked delighted. She probably thought it was "cool" to be hanging out with people in their twenties. She really was just like Taffita's little sister.

"Well, Addie, there you have it," Taffita said. "Lida was making fish for everyone when we found you- do you want to help us? She was going to teach me to make a coffee cake. Do you know where the yeast is?" Addie's eyes grew big.

"You don't know how to cook, Taffy?" she asked.

"Trust me, I am the only person in the world who can screw up cooking eggs," Taffita said.

"Okay. Come on, I'll show you guys where everything is," Addie said, jumping off her chair and heading down to the cellar. Taffita, Lida, and Aaron followed.

Taffita followed Addie back down the cellar ladder, then Lida then Aaron. "Here, it's back here, where we make the cheese. Addie showed Lida a large jar of powder. 'Here it is Lida. We don't make it. We get it from another Amish Farm close to town. Me and one of his daughters are best, um, bessst, we were best friends." :( . Addie began to cry again. And just like before Taffita came right in to comort her. Then Addie went to Lida and buried her face in Lida's side crying as Taffita held Addie too.

Aaron stood and watched as the three 'females' blubbered and cried. He felt himself having a slight pang behind his eyes and decided he'd better get the h*ll outa there before he started. Wouldn't be good for them to think the only male in the house was a wuss. He thought to himself.

Wanting to investigate this tunnel Addie was talking about he went back through the cellar to the room where Addie was hiding. He hadn't taken a look in there before and wanted to see how she was surviving in there. It was a nice, cozy little space. There was a small bed and table with an oil lamp on it, he lit it. There were Star Trek magazines all over the bed and on the dirt floor. Autographed pictures of Patrick Stewart, Kate Mulgrew, Jonathon Frakes, Colm Meany, Michael Dorn and alot more lined the walls. "Yep, she's a fan alright." Aaron said to himself. He saw the other door that led to the tunnel and he opened it. It was dark. He took the lamp with him.

He walked slowly down the dark, damp tunnel. On either side of it there were more doors. One by one he opened them and went in, investigating. There were old trunks with stickers from all over the world in one. Another room was filled with baby furniture. Cribs and cradles and tiny chairs and tables and wooden crates filled with neatly folded baby clothes. The next room he entered, puzzled him. It looked like an alter of some kind at the far end. A few long benches and a multitude of small idols and figurines. Most of which he didn't recognize. Candles were lined up on the alter and on small tables on either side. Over the alter there hung a huge mirror. As there were all around the small, dark room. Mirrors covered most of the walls.

Edited by fenriz275