Sign in to follow this  
DaSisko

Which actor should have...

Which actor do you think should have been added to the opening credits, if any. I think Andrew J. Robinson, Casey Biggs, and Jeffrey Combs should have been added, especially in the later seasons. What does everyone else think?

Unfortunately I don't know many actors so I can't really answer your question. But I think that the opening cast were good and that they never needed any more new characters then the ones they had at the time. In the later seasons the addition of a couple of new characters kept things fresh whilst not making the series unfamiliar.

I think Andrew J. Robinson should have been added. He played a more important than Jake Sisko and he had more episodes devoted to him.

As for the others. Combs and Biggs I say no, only because they were only featured in the Dominion arc episodes, as opposed to Garak who was in both Dominion arc and regular episodes.

I agree, Andrew Robinson should have been in the opening credits. The others were important to the show but were not what I would consider "regulars". More like "VIGS" - Very Important Guest Satrs.

Andrew G. Robinson. The other characters weren't there enough to warrant being listed on the opening credits.

Was he listed as a "special guest star", a la Guinan on TNG?

I agree, Anrdrew Robinon.

But what about J.G. Hertzler??

I was thinking the same thing, Hertzler should have been on there too.

:wow: I forgot J.G. He should've been added too. You guys are right about the others. Maybe the only other one that might have been able to be added was Marc Alaimo.

:innocent:  I forgot J.G. He should've been added too. You guys are right about the others. Maybe the only other one that might have been able to be added was Marc Alaimo.

The thing with Alaimo is: he would be on the show a lot for a certain strech and then completely disappear for an equally long time.

:innocent:  I forgot J.G. He should've been added too. You guys are right about the others. Maybe the only other one that might have been able to be added was Marc Alaimo.

The thing with Alaimo is: he would be on the show a lot for a certain strech and then completely disappear for an equally long time.

Yeah, that's true. So, the only one who could've been added practically straight from the start is A. Robinson and J.G. in the 5th season.

Hey, how 'bout Aron Eisenberg???

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Was he or the guy who played Rom on the opening credits? If not, they should have been.

I agree with Andrew Robinson...and Eisenberg in the later episodes (he wasn't on horribly much early on). Maybe it was better for them in a weird way. I know when the original Mission: Impossible was on, Martin Landau was listed as a special guest star every week, even though he was a cast member...it brought him more money. Maybe in the long run, they got paid better. I doubt it, but who knows?

Same here...I agree with almost all of you...These people should have been added...

Andy Robinson

Jeffrey Combs(should have had more episodes, too)

Aaron Eisenberg

Max Grodenchik

If Casey Biggs and Marc Alaimo had more episodes, and I wish they did, then I would have added them, too...

I remember reading somewhere that Ira Steven Behr (or someone else involved with ds9) wanted to put Andy Robinson in the opening credits but was not allowed to do so. I don't think putting him in would be such a big deal, but anyone else just didn't appear often enough.

I always thought it would have been a cool idea to change the opening credits for the war against the Dominion arc when the Dominion controlled DS9. Change the title to Star Trek: Terok Nor for those eps and show Dominion ships docked at the station and the wormhole wouldn't open. All the primary Dominion actors and resistance fighters actors would be credited with the regular Starfleet people credited as guest stars. I know its unlikely but I always found it dumb that we see the Defiant and that Nebula class (which incidently is the U.S.S. Leeds, saw that somewhere) in the opening credits when the Dominion controlled the station.

I always thought it would have been a cool idea to change the opening credits for the war against the Dominion arc when the Dominion controlled DS9. Change the title to Star Trek: Terok Nor for those eps and show Dominion ships docked at the station and the wormhole wouldn't open. All the primary Dominion actors and resistance fighters actors would be credited with the regular Starfleet people credited as guest stars. I know its unlikely but I always found it dumb that we see the Defiant and that Nebula class (which incidently is the U.S.S. Leeds, saw that somewhere) in the opening credits when the Dominion controlled the station.

262561[/snapback]

:dude: What an excellent idea! You need to go to work for Paramount ... they need thinkers like you, 'cuz Lord knows they don't have many thinkers right now.

The switch you are talking about would have been so exciting and aggravating. It would have made the return of Sisko and Co. even sweeter.

As to the original question, I agree that Andrew J. Robinson should have been added to the main cast list fairly early on. And J.G. Hertzler should certainly have been credited from In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light to the end of the series.

That was the great thing about DS9, the huge cast of regulars.

Any one of them could have been in the opening credits.

There were so many of them who were in heaps of episodes through out the 7 years and I think it helped keep the show fresh.