Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Nemesis-Great episode

Let me first say we are talking about the episode, not the movie.

I saw this episode tonight and it was a lot better than when I first thought. For those who don't know, it's about Chakotay crash landing on a planet in a middle of a war, where he is convinced that the enemy they are fighting are nothing but beasts.

Click For Spoiler
However, this is just brainwashing to get chakotay to fight on thier side, and all he went through was a training course.

This episode is so well done because of the theme of hate and how war and hate and propaganda. It's very timely to today because of the war that is going on, and the hatred in the world today.

Was I the only one who loved the language used in this show. Yeah it might have been a bit annoying, but it was different. I loved the use of "Nullify" meaning to kill, and "The Way after" meaning heaven (Or the equivilent) or "The soon after" meaning in the future. I thought that was brilliently written and this might be my favorite Chakotay episode ever.

:clap: Wow, what a great episode. I just watched it for the first time..Yeah, the first time. I hadn't seen a lot of these Voyager episodes during it's first run..This is probably the best Chakotay episode I have ever seen..Awesome..

Click For Spoiler

I too loved the unique language..Very imaginative..One you left out was 'glimpses' for eyesight..

This is one of my favorite episodes actually. It brings the best out of Chakotay. However I do believe they could have illustrated some of the war aspects better that was going on on the planet.