Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

What Are You Reading?

The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Isle Witch by Terry Brooks....

Terry Brooks has been a favorite of mine since high school. I have read all of his Shannara series and Kingdom of Landover series. He is an excellent story teller. I also own his Star Wars: Episode 1 but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet..

I just finished reading "How much for just the planet",a TOS-era Trek novel.It was without a doubt the STOOOOOOPIDEST story I've ever read.

I seriously hope it was the author's intention to write a nonsensical comedy,and not a regular Trek book,because he failed miserably.

Currently, I'm reading DS9 Avatar Book 1 (thanks for the tip, whoever answered my post about what DS9 books to read!).

I just finished reading Harry Potter Books 1-5 for the 8th time. Dear God, let Rowling hurry up and put out Book 6 before I explode.

I'm in the middle of working on a couple of science fiction short stories,so I'm not reading that genre right now. :huh:

When I have a free moment, I'm reading:

Paris 1919 by Margaret Macmillan

The Annals of Imperial Rome by Tacitus translated by Michael Grant

and I'm rereading Guns,Germs,and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond

I just finished reading "How much for just the planet",a TOS-era Trek novel.It was without a doubt the STOOOOOOPIDEST story I've ever read.

I seriously hope it was the author's intention to write a nonsensical comedy,and not a regular Trek book,because he failed miserably.

Couldn't agree more, Stormtrooper

At present I'm reading another Net Force novel by Tom Clancy "State of the war".

I've read all the books of this series and LOVE it.

I'm reading "The Q Continuum 2: Q-Zone" (TNG novel).

It's very good. :huh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

At the moment I'm reading my sister's latest Star Wars fan fic. She's an awesome writer!  :bow:

I'm doing the same thing I was doing in May. :bow: Reading my sister's latest star wars fan fic.

Guest Ktrek

I really enjoy the New Frontier books by Peter David also!

Right now I am reading two books. The latest TNG series called "A Time To". It is going to be a series of 9 books using the passage from Ecclesiastes as the title basis. The First is called "A Time to Be Born" by John Vornholt and is really quite good. I am also reading Vulcan's Forge by Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz. Another excellent read. If you like Vulcan's then this is a must read.

Ktrek

I am reading "My Name is Asher Lev" by Chaim Potok for English. It is quite good. The last book I read was "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck, and I must say that is one of the best books I have ever read.

Guest Ktrek
I am reading "My Name is Asher Lev" by Chaim Potok for English. It is quite good. The last book I read was "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck, and I must say that is one of the best books I have ever read.

"My Name Is Asher Lev" is one of the best literary books ever written. In fact I really enjoyed all of Chaim Potok's books especially "The Chosen".

Steinbeck's books are also very good. Glad to see someone with discerning tastes!

:lol: :lol:

Ktrek :)

Edited by Ktrek

For those who haven't read "Get a Life" by William Shatner, go check it out. it provides some nice insight into his views on Trek conventions and Trekkieness. and that's only the first chapter! Besides, you have to read it to find out how William Shatner ranks himself among trekkies.

I am in the middle of numerous books. Ever since a friend over at an internet book club I belong to recommended Barnes and Noble University to me, I have been a regular there in addition to my many book clubs. As of 2/23/04 I am currently reading:

For Barnes and Noble University:

The Words We Live By (a book that helps describe what the Constitution means. I wish that I had this book when I needed to take the Constitution test in high school in the late '70's)

Uncle Tom's Cabin

Sacred Time by Ursula Hegi-and she is one of the moderators for this book chat

For Star Trek Reading Group we are currently discussing "Spock's World" and reading "The Eugenics War Book One"

For my other clubs I am reading "Julie and Romeo", "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams, "The Dragonstone" by Dennis L. Mckiernan, "The Bone Vault", and "The DaVinci Code". Plus I always have a pile of to read books. I am at my library at least twice a week, if not checking out books, reading magazines, especially "Astronomy" and "Sky and Telescope".

Aurora Astrum

Just finished the new TNG novel "A Time To Be Born" (which is a part of a series of books coming out this year).

It was interesting, and as it was supposed to it gives some insight as to some of the events seen in ST: Nemesis. In this part of the book series, Wesley's appearance and why Data seemed like he did not have emotions(as well as why he made his decision at the end of Nemesis). these are not particularly spoiler for the book , since they can be found on the preview/description of the book.

However, it adds some events that make the novel a little confusing at times and hopefully with the addition of the following books it will clear up a bit.

Next month's book is "A Time To Die"