Sign in to follow this  
Tina

~~ The Avengers~~

I love old classic television shows

My personal favorite is The Avengers (and the Twilight Zone and if i could find them Dr Who)

I love Patrick macnee as John Steed and Dame Diana Rigg as Emma peele ( Tara King is my Second favorite)

Anyone else like the show?

Yes, a very much find this show among my top favourites. :(

My two personal favourite websites on this great television series are:

Click For Spoiler
title.gif

mrspeel.gif

My English teacher met Patrick Macnee hiking one time... :(

As he described him, he was wearing a nice grey suit, walking with a cane (not an umbrella..), although he said he wasn't wearing a bowler hat.

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Absolutely love the Avengers. Back in the late sixties, it was run on ABC on monday nights at 10:00 eastern. I lived in the central time zone growing up so I was able to watch it then. This was all pre-monday night football. I had, and in some ways still do, a crush on Diana Rigg back then. One of the most beautiful women on tv at the time. Now, it's friday nights on BBC America. Yeah, baby. And then The Prisoner. It doesn't get any better.

Now, it's friday nights on BBC America.  Yeah, baby.  And then The Prisoner.  It doesn't get any better.

267598[/snapback]

A huge fan of The Prisoner also. :b-day:

One> Not old..(actually 23)

Two> Just apreciative of great television

Would you rather i watch todays television?

Tina,

If I can offer any advice it would to "never, ever, ever, see the movie version of the Avengers with Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman and Sean Connery" I still marvel that anyone could make a movie that bad - especially considering the talented cast.

Anyway, I haven't seen the original in a very long time I remember my older sister was a big fan - does it come on one of the cable networks now?

UH..Too late i saw it..And BOOed it for an hour

It came on the Mystery channel.But i hear its on BBC America

You guys are so old! :)

267618[/snapback]

Actually... I am simply 15.
Anyway, I haven't seen the original in a very long time I remember my older sister was a big fan - does it come on one of the cable networks now?

267645[/snapback]

UH..Too late i saw it..And BOOed it for an hour

It came on the Mystery channel.But i hear its on BBC America

267650[/snapback]

I can recall they used to show it on Friday nights on MoviePlex at 'bout 20.00...

Not anymore however. :P They showed the Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg, and Linda Thorson episodes...

Now, The Avengers can be seen at the hours of:

20.00, and on Saturdays at 0.00. :cool1:

Although it's pretty much only the episodes where in which Mrs. Emma Peel appeared on. [1965 through 1967].

Following on from this, do you get the new Avengers in America? Its stared MacNee with Gareth hunt and Joanna Lumbly. It was really great and Diana Rigg makes a guest appearance in it although I think they just cut in some old unused footgage, I haven't seen it in a long time.

Also, did you know in the first series (the episodes are sadly lost now) that MacNee wasn't the star of the show? Ian Hendry as Dr David Keel is the star. MacNess as Steed serves as the sidekick. The series as we know i.e. Steed and girl began with Season Two when Honour Blackman joins Steed.

I can recall the old Avengers (pre Girl side kicks) It was a very dull spy show. Steed showed no emotin.Then came Honor Blackman as (P.Galore..LOL ) Gale..She was ok..Not my favorute no chemistry between them..Its all about Steed and Peele..They were great together.(first in black and white and then in color 63-66?) I also like Linda thurston as Gale (Canadian YAH) she was kinda Peele like

The New Avengers i have never seen,My father says he saw one or two eppisodes..I am a huge Joanna Lumly fan also from Ab-Fab

If you guys are wondering Dame Diana hosts my favorite television series..Mystery and in the Mrs Bradleys mysterys on that show

I just love her!

(first in black and white and then in color 63-66?)

268230[/snapback]

1962 through 1964. :laugh:
If you guys are wondering Dame Diana hosts my favorite television series..Mystery and in the Mrs Bradleys mysterys on that show

I just love her!

268230[/snapback]

I remember seeing her host (and star in) some of the episodes of Mystery! I have seen. :clap:

I should remember to watch it when it comes on tomorrow... Been missing a couple of episodes. :clap:

Absolutely love the Avengers.  Back in the late sixties, it was run on ABC on monday nights at 10:00 eastern.  I lived in the central time zone growing up so I was able to watch it then.  This was all pre-monday night football.  I had, and in some ways still do, a crush on Diana Rigg back then.  One of the most beautiful women on tv at the time.  Now, it's friday nights on BBC America.  Yeah, baby.  And then The Prisoner.  It doesn't get any better.

267598[/snapback]

I also watched the Avenger back in those days. And I also had a crush on Diana Rigg. She is also great hosting Mystery. The new Avengers were good. But Steed and Peele just had great on-screen chemistry.