Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A cool way to view the board

I've known about this fewture of IE6 for some time but rarely use it, it's the F-11 key on the keyboard. It will make the IE6 browser full screen. F-11 will take you into and out of this full screen view.

I thint the iste looks even better when there's nor Browser border around it.

I even right clicked on the top tool bar and told it to auto hide so I see nothing but the board. It's cool.

If you have IE6 try it out (IE5 and lower versions probably have it too but I'm not sure)

I once found f-11 by accident, dropped the keyboard, I like having more screen to view and all of the other enabled functions are only a click away.

i like it like that. it looks really cool. alot more star trek. i get immesed in the lcars world. lol.

i use opera 7. i like it because it seems to load the pictures alot faster than ie6.

thats real cool, i like it. bysty whats opera 7? also just what does lcars stand for? i know im a little behind the times. oh well im slow, and ooollldd. not really old but feel like it lol.

thats real cool, i like it.  bysty whats opera 7? also just what does lcars stand for? i know im a little behind the times. oh well im slow, and ooollldd. not really old but feel like it lol.

LCARS stands for Library Computer Access and Retrieval System.

One thing that makes a LCARS computer/website stand out are things like this:

leftcat.gif

Or similar symbols.

This Rocks

I have known about this feature for a long time but had never thought of using it here. It makes it all so much easier for me to read.

ive been using it like this now for a couple a days, its real cool, and you get to see more of what you like, instead of all the bars and such. thanks VBG. never knew about the f11 feature to begin with either.

I don't know if this is on topic-I apologize to everyone if it isn't-but since this thread is about browzers and what they can do, I'm gonna give it a shot.

I am now using IE6, but I'm thinking of downloading Mozilla because of the tabbed browzing and built in pop-up blocking feature, among other things. I'm on an HP Pavilion PC running Windows XP Home. Has anyone else tried Mozilla? If so, do you like it? If not, why not?

Opinions please!!!

I don't know if this is on topic-I apologize to everyone if it isn't-but since this thread is about browzers and what they can do, I'm gonna give it a shot.

I am now using IE6, but I'm thinking of downloading Mozilla because of the tabbed browzing and built in pop-up blocking feature, among other things.  I'm on an HP Pavilion PC running Windows XP Home.  Has anyone else tried Mozilla?  If so, do you like it?  If not, why not?

Opinions please!!!

I haven't tried it, but I will download it tonight or tomorrow and see how it is.

Cool

hey Without you guys finding things out and knowing this stuff I would be soooooooooo lost

( I think that is I was in starfleet I would be the janiter hahahaha)

I love it have been using it for a few days it realy dose make a cool looking site look much cooler

Tool bars, we don't need no stinking toolbars

I've known about this fewture of IE6 for some time but rarely use it, it's the F-11 key on the keyboard. It will make the IE6 browser full screen. F-11 will take you into and out of this full screen view.

I even right clicked on the top tool bar and told it to auto hide so I see nothing but the board. It's cool.

If you have IE6 try it out (IE5 and lower versions probably have it too but I'm not sure)

I thought I'd bump this up for those that may not have seen it before. I still think it's a cool way to view the board.

Thanks VBG! I didn't know about the F11 feature. It definitely looks better that way!

:P :P :P

I thought I'd bump this up for those that may not have seen it before. I still think it's a cool way to view the board.

Cool!!!

Thanks. Really useful :-)

Yeah, I think even IE 4 had this feature. It isn't a feature that many people use or even know about however! I myself even forget to use it! I often multitask using msn messenger... do some homework, and visit this site... and check me e mail all at once... so I need the task bar! But at times, I think I start using the f11 key, cause it does look nicer and it is easier to view the site.

Yeah, I think even IE 4 had this feature.  It isn't a feature that many people use or even know about however!  I myself even forget to use it!  I often multitask using msn messenger... do some homework, and visit this site... and check me e mail all at once... so I need the task bar!  But at times, I think I start using the f11 key, cause it does look nicer and it is easier to view the site.

If you use the full screenand need to switch tasks you can use the left Alt key with the Tab key to do that. Just hold the left Alt down with your thumb, then with your index finger hit the Tab key. That will allow you to switch from one task to the next.

I prefer to use IE in full screen but my Girlfriend hates it and she's the boss(It's my computer but have no say in its setup lol)