Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

'Martha in Jail', New Reality Show.

You know what ... I hate "reality" television from Survivor to Fear Factor to Amish in the City. BUT I would watch a Martha Stewart Live from the big open area in Cell Block D. It's not a bad idea ... it would be one way for her fans to show support for her during this ordeal.

I don't think they should have sent her to jail over that stupid insider trading fiasco. Why didn't they just give her a huge fine?

:bash: Gee, what the heck are they thinking? :bash:

Just what we need, another reality show... ad one with Martha too. Ick.

While I've gained a bit of respect for her when she asked to serve her snetence now, I really don't like her show or magazines and would rather not be seeing her on TV again any time soon!

I don't think they should have sent her to jail over that stupid insider trading fiasco.  Why didn't they just give her a huge fine?

266430[/snapback]

I wondered that too, I concluded they wanted to send us a message countering the idea: "celebrities" (almost) never go to jail.

---------------------------------------

I believe it's a stupid idea and I pray it doesn't happen.

that is sick.... SHE MAKES MONEY OFF THE THING!!!

How many people make money in jail???

As much as I like reality TV (Love Survivor,Amazing Race, Mole, and Big Brother) I don't think I would watch it if it came about. I can't stand Martha and I'm so happy she's in jail. she certainly deserved what she got (Although I think she still got off better than most people would have).

I bet she shanked them.

266586[/snapback]

Could you please extrapolate on this ST?

shank: NOUN: 1a. The part of the human leg between the knee and ankle. b. A corresponding part in other vertebrates.

OTHER FORMS: shanked

See what I mean?

{ extrapolate: TRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To infer or estimate by extending or projecting known information.

OTHER FORMS: extrapolation, extrapolative, extrapolator, extrapolated, extrapolating, extrapolates }

Sorry ST, I seem to be living in "Word H*LL" lately. :laugh:

Edited by Jeanway

I bet she shanked them.

266586[/snapback]

shank: NOUN: 1a. The part of the human leg between the knee and ankle. b. A corresponding part in other vertebrates.

See what I mean?

{ extrapolate: TRANSITIVE VERB: 1. To infer or estimate by extending or projecting known information.

OTHER FORMS: extrapolation, extrapolative, extrapolator, extrapolated, extrapolating, extrapolates }

272811[/snapback]

In prison a shank is a knife made out of things like a toothbrush, or a piece of wood, even a bar of soap. inmates make them so they can stab someone they don't like or have been ordered to by an influential inmate.

I'm sure Martha will make a lovely shank, probably with a little lace around the handle.

Edited by Klingonmike

I don't think they should have sent her to jail over that stupid insider trading fiasco.  Why didn't they just give her a huge fine?

266430[/snapback]

This is actually a good point. What is insider trading? It is acting on inside information, or information that is not made available to the general public. Insider trading is illegal in securities markets because it offers the opportunity for collusion and is contrary to the free market philosophy. (The interesting thing is a lot of people who think insider trading is bad don't believe in free markets to begin with.)

However, Stewart did not own enough of ImClone's shares to affect the price of ImClone stock. She was a bit player. She did have inside information, in that she knew ImClone's CEO was dumping his shares, but where was the collusion? How did Stewart selling her shares affect the price of everyone else's shares given that the stock price was dropping anyway?

More important, what is the ethical difference between insider trading in financial markets vs. insider trading in other markets? Let's say you go to a jacket shop where a friend of yours works and pick out a jacket you like. As you get to the counter your friend says "Don't buy that $300 jacket now, it is 50% off next week." You have just been presented with information that is not available to the general public through your personal connections. If you act on this information isn't that insider trading as well?

How many of you would buy that jacket now?

Edited by lt_van_roy

Any netwoek that gives Martha Stewart a reality show in prison should be ashamed of itself.

that is sick.... SHE MAKES MONEY OFF THE THING!!!

How many people make money in jail???

266500[/snapback]

Quite a few, I would think ... those who've been allowed to write books about their crimes and profit from them. It is only recently that judges have been saying that convicted people cannot profit from their crimes by writing about them. At least that is my impression.

I bet she shanked them.

266586[/snapback]

See what I mean?

272811[/snapback]

In prison a shank is a knife made out of things like a toothbrush, or a piece of wood, even a bar of soap. inmates make them so they can stab someone they don't like or have been ordered to by an influential inmate.

I'm sure Martha will make a lovely shank, probably with a little lace around the handle.

272815[/snapback]

:( That is exactly right.

If anyone has seen the Conan skit where he names people's production companies, Martha's was 'Melonballer Shank' with a picture of her in a prison jumpsuit holding a melonballer. I fell down laughing.

But this reality stuff sucks. I hate it, and I respect Martha enough to hope she really did shank them for even mentioning the thought. :(