Sign in to follow this  
Tina

~Sky Cap and the world of Tommorrow~

So i just saw this movie and boy am i pissed

Here is why

Click For Spoiler
Sir Laurence Olivier was the bad guy..Well since he has been dead for awile they took samples of his work and his voice and they superimposed it onto the screen.He was the worlds leading Shaksperean actor..I hope they sue the pants off this horrible movie

This movie was visually stunning.It was like Metropolis, the classic Sci fi movie,Indiana jones and Star Wars

WITHOUT PLOT<DIALOG AND WITH ANNOYING ACTORS

i had to go see "I robot" again just to get the stench of this movie out of my mouth..Annd it had such potential

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

Didn't the plot revolve around Perkins and Joe's search for Dr. Totenkopf?

They got some help from the Flying Legion, Kaji, and a few other people.. Like those scientists from Unit 11.

:wacko: For some reason, Polly Perkins keeps reminding me of Penny Pretty, which was from the 1984 film of "The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension".

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Exactly

I stand corrected..there was some plot....and then there was Angelina Jolie

I have no idea why

:wacko: I do admit this wasn't a character driven movie. I'd prefer it if they magnified the character of Sky Captain.

I do love the scenery though, and how they captured the style of the 30s.

If you look closely at Dex's comics, you can make out one of them being of Buck Rogers.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

I noticed that

I also noticed that Joe acted alot like Indy which is whay this movie reminded me of..But i would rather watch indiana jones any day

I saw it late Friday night, and I've gotta say, I kinda liked it :eekout: . Sure, it was corny and incredibly campy, but the FX were great, and the overall concept was fun. I loved the planes/subs and the mobile platforms. I even thought Frankie was a cool character :laugh: . As for Gwyneth, she's either a crappy actress, or really good at acting "crappily" :naughty: (yes, I may have just invented a word).

Since I had just come home for the weekend, I took Mom to see it. She said she didn't care to see it again, but that it was still fun.

I wouldn't mind watching it again myself. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either.

...And that was the perfect ending! :sweatdrop:

:laugh: I really loved how they did the circles signifying radio signals like they did with the RKO Pictures.

The Hindenberg III docking with the Empire State Building, I thought, was a great scene.

Hehe, :sweatdrop: I guess I love that corny and incredibly campy element of that pre-50s sci-fi. :naughty::laugh: The whole thing was mostly filmed with use of a blue-screen. No, not the blue-screen of death. :eekout:

I also thought the film was fun, but my little brother saw the ending coming. :laugh:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

post-812-1095564887.jpg

Edited by drwho42