37 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek Conventions

• 1 - 5
    • 6 - 10
    • 11 - 15
    • More than 15
    • None, but would love to
    • None, and don't plan on it
    • I think I am on the wrong site, What is a Star Trek convention?

With the talk of the convention I was curous as to how many everyone has attended. Also, if you have any good convention stories feel free to share.

I have been to one Star Trek convention, many years ago. I loved it, of course Marina Sirtis was there, so that was a given. Also, got to see the team that choreographes the Klingon weapons fighting scenes.

I've never been to one. I would really like to check one out but I would have to travel quite a distance to get to one that got any name guests.

I've gone to one with my dad it was so cool "Worf" was there :bow: He told a couple of stories about the filming of NEM one of which may not be approppriate to repete.. But it was lots of fun and I can't wait till another one rolls through Oregon..

I've been to lots...not even sure how many. I guess i would be one of the few that don't dress that part that yu can just look at and think....Yep, Trekker!

I have a story, but i've told it alreay, don't want to bore anyone with it again.

Before, went Star Trek 2 was in the rumor mill, I was a member of the Atlanta Star Trek Society, we would meet monthly...i think, it was a while back.

But i would go to the yearly big CON here and even some of the little ones like Vulcon.

Love it!

Never been to one. The nearest i get is reading about them in Star Trek Monthly. I wanted to go to the one in London but couldn't afford it at the time.

I've only been to one and we only stayed a few hours. :bow: I would've loved to stay longer, but when you're 8 years old you're not exactly in charge. :bow: I really want to go to another one.

I've been to about 8 conventions. At one I even shared an elevator with George Takei!!! He is a really nice guy to chat with.

I've been in the convention 2-3 times,I don't remember that much long time ago,There was a Star Trek Convention in the Library in Florida.

I've never been to one either and next time one is in town I will go. Not to mention the on we'll have.

I am hoping a lot of people can make it to ours, especially some of the members from outside the United States/Canada. I would very much enjoy meeting and spending time with fans from all parts of the globe!

I've never been to one, but I'd like to go and meet some of the cast members, etc.

I don't think there's been one in my area in about 6 or 7 years.

I voted none, but would love to go....And I will in June '04(our convention of course!).

There was a small one in the city to the north of my hometown, but I was only 12-13(I think, maybe younger), and had a competition I had to go to in Central Florida, so no ST convention for me YET.....

Never been to one :D

By the time I found out about one that was held ANUALLY, within 20 miles of my house, they had decided not to do that con again for a while...And I missed it. *kicks self in head*

I still can't believe I missed that...

But, first chance I get I'm going to one :wow:

By the time I found out about one that was held ANUALLY, within 20 miles of my house, they had decided not to do that con again for a while...And I missed it. *kicks self in head*

But, first chance I get I'm going to one :wow:

So you never have that happen again, here is a link to the startrek.com convention page:

Star Trek Conventions link

But, first chance I get I'm going to one :D

So you never have that happen again, here is a link to the startrek.com convention page:

Star Trek Conventions link

Thank you :wow:

I actually have been keeping a very close watch on most of the con's from startrek.com and the magazine, Communicator.

Alas, none near here yet. Maybe one in NY may be plausable, if I can persuade my parents...But I don't think that's very likely.

:D I've only been to one convention. It was put on by Slanted fedora. It was in Raleigh North Carolina. It was great. Unfortunately they chose to take it away from the area. According to them it was not well attended. But according to ME it was not well publicized. :wow: ...................Wish there we others close to North Carolina that were as good.

this is for all of you who have not been to a con..

:o :) :D:wow::D

I hope you will get to go to one in the future..

Going to a Star Trek Convenstion is a new dream of mine. I would defineity like to go to the Star Trek Museum, in Europe. Just to get more of an inspriging flavor to my science fiction fantasy, will greatly make me feel as if I am more becoming an intellectual. Evolving my intellect side.

I have never been to a convention, but i would love to, it's just that they are so damned expensive!!! I went to 'Star Trek: The Adventure' in Hyde Park recently, which was an exhibition (i wrote all about it in the ENT section) and that was fantastic, but there weren't any stars of the shows there, just models etc

I have never been to a convention, but i would love to, it's just that they are so damned expensive!!! I went to 'Star Trek: The Adventure' in Hyde Park recently, which was an exhibition (i wrote all about it in the ENT section) and that was fantastic, but there weren't any stars of the shows there, just models etc

Okay, maybe my perception of a Convention is different, but after reading your thread on that exhibition, I would say that counts. I have always thought a convention was a meeting of like minded people, and does not need to necessarily include celebrity appearences.

6/10. The best one was a biggie in LA during the off-season between TBOBW parts 1 and 2. The Borg won the costume contest and my wife got to speak with Mrs. Roddenberry. That summer had to be the best Trek summer of them all!

6/10. The best one was a biggie in LA during the off-season between TBOBW parts 1 and 2. The Borg won the costume contest and my wife got to speak with Mrs. Roddenberry. That summer had to be the best Trek summer of them all!

I missed out on seeing her by one day (Mrs Roddenberry that is). What was she like to speak to?

I missed out on seeing her by one day (Mrs Roddenberry that is). What was she like to speak to?

I only saw her briefly, Martha stood in line while I went looking for our son to bring him back to see and maybe talk to her, by the time we got back upstairs, (we goofed off thinking there would be lots of time) she was gone and we had missed her but M talked to her and said she was the nicest Trek celebrity she had ever spoken to. When I see M in a few hours I will ask her to recall some details about their talk and post-em.

sounds like so much fun.. :wow:

I've never been to one but i really really want to go!!! I wish they were closer though... :wow: :)

this is for all of you who have not been to a con..

:o  :)  :(  :)  :tear:        

I hope you will get to go to one in the future..

thank you for the tears bevfank, me too!

For anyone in the Toronto area there are 2 conventions held in the summer.

One is Toronto Trek in early July. The only Trek guest they have this year is Linda Park.

The other is The Canadian National Science Fiction Expo in August. This year they have Leonard Nimoy, Connor Trinneer and Denise Crosby amongst their guests.