Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Next Movie

In my short search for info on the next possible Trek movie I came across this story I thought you all might find interesting.

The Next Star Trek Movie

The possibilities discussed sound interesting, though i think I disagree with his assessment on Sisko (of course I would I love DS9!).

If anyone comes across any other stories please share them.

Cool! Sounds like a mixed cast movie is what they want.

Everyone will be rushing to see it!

outtahere.gif

They should make a Voyager one first..DS9 would be way to compliacted to make into a film.

I am still not sure about a mixed cast movie. . .I guess you would need flashbacks of some sort or a spacial anomaly to bring in the NX-01 crew, and the Voyager to somehow meet up with the DS9 crew. OK, I know that I am truly a fan of only TNG. . .but, I sorta think that Voyager, DS9 and even Enterprise fans kinda need a chance to see their favorites on the big screen! Like the TOS fans had for 6 movies! And like I did, seeing my favorite as more of a main character on the TNG movies(OK, so Data was ALWAYS more of a main character on the series. . .but of course the preceeding statement is in my opinion!

I'm like Yillara in that I am a TNG fan. I'm not sure about a mixed cast - I guess it would depend on who they were. Would 7 have to go to the Academy before be able to serve on another ship? What about the Maquis? As it has been pointed out they were outlaws. If they are pardoned would B'Elanna have to go back to the Academy since she didn't graduate? Avery Brooks seems to be on the outs with the powers that be at Paramount as they have pretty much said that his character couldn't be brought back. Michael Dorn almost didn't do Nemesis because of contract negotiation problems so would he want to play Worf yet again.

The biggest problem would be bringing in all of these characters and then not having anything for most of them to do. It was very difficult in the TNG movies to get all of the regulars involved in the plot and it would be very difficult to do more than 2 story lines in a 2 hour movie without it becoming very confusing.

Personally if Patrick Stewart and/or Brent Spiner aren't involved I doubt I would go. I'm willing to see how B4 will develop after he has assimilated Data's programing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A movie that centered around Picard and Sisko would be really cool. I love the idea of a mixed cast but at the same time I agree with soong_girl that it would be hard to find something for everyone to do. I think that the best way around this would be to just focus on a few key characters and not to try and fit too much in at once.

Also I would love to see a DS9 movie but I think that Picard deserves at least one more chance to shine on the big screne. At the end of Star Trek VI it was clear that Kirk and crew were getting too old to continue having the crazy adventures that we had all grown to love. However when Picard was walking down the halls of the Enterprise E at the end of Nemesis the look on his face said "I'm far from finished." Picard has to come back!

Hey what it comes down to..a DS9 movie or an Voyager movie..SOMEONE from TNG has to give them their sendoff..so we will get to see a little bit more of Picard or whomever.

I'm like Yillara in that I am a TNG fan.  I'm not sure about a mixed cast - I guess it would depend on who they were.  Would 7 have to go to the Academy before be able to serve on another ship?  What about the Maquis?  As it has been pointed out they were outlaws.  If they are pardoned would B'Elanna have to go back to the Academy since she didn't graduate?  Avery Brooks seems to be on the outs with the powers that be at Paramount as they have pretty much said that his character couldn't be brought back.  Michael Dorn almost didn't do Nemesis because of contract negotiation problems so would he want to play Worf yet again. 

The biggest problem would be bringing in all of these characters and then not having anything for most of them to do.  It was very difficult in the TNG movies to get all of the regulars involved in the plot and it would be very difficult to do more than 2 story lines in a 2 hour movie without it becoming very confusing. 

Personally if Patrick Stewart and/or Brent Spiner aren't involved I doubt I would go.  I'm willing to see how B4 will develop after he has assimilated Data's programing.

I agree, though I don't watch the other series I have read articles and posts on the boards about the other characters from the other series. It is difficult enough to find time for each character in a TNG, let alone more than one series group! And like soong_girl I doubt I'd go to see Trek XI if those two weren't involved. . .especially Brent!

What I would like to see in a movie is a last battle of wits between Picard and Q. That could be really cool. I'm not sure if even a movie could top Tapestry and All Good Things..., though, maybe better to leave Q alone.

They could also have a movie about a character's early years. Wouldn't it be neat to see Kirk at his first assignment (or Picard for that matter.).

They could have a series (three or so) of Enterprise movies dealing with the Romulan war.

Hmm, I begin to see the difficulty in trying to obtain a different look at Star Trek while not alienating the masses. Perhaps Star Trek should move into the realm of television movies. I think it would be neat to see a Star Trek EVENT every once in a while on the Sci Fi channel or somewhere else.

Keep thinking.

I had thought it might be interesting to see younger versions of some of our favourites - maybe Tom Hardy could play a young Picard. I have come to change my mind now though as it would seem very strange to see Picard taking orders rather than giving them especially as he is such a strong character as Captain. As we know from Tapestry he was quite the party animal in his youth.

I think a young Kirk would probably be boring. He was a bookworm in his Academy days wasn't he. Probably took quite a few years for him to become "interesting".

What I would like to see in a movie is a last battle of wits between Picard and Q. That could be really cool. I'm not sure if even a movie could top Tapestry and All Good Things..., though, maybe better to leave Q alone.

They could also have a movie about a character's early years. Wouldn't it be neat to see Kirk at his first assignment (or Picard for that matter.).

They could have a series (three or so) of Enterprise movies dealing with the Romulan war.

Hmm, I begin to see the difficulty in trying to obtain a different look at Star Trek while not alienating the masses. Perhaps Star Trek should move into the realm of television movies. I think it would be neat to see a Star Trek EVENT every once in a while on the Sci Fi channel or somewhere else.

Keep thinking.

A Q movie could be really cool, but they would have to do it right. I think for Star Trek to work on the big screne the stakes have to be a lot higher than they do on a weekly tv show. One of the problems with Q is that he can always snap his fingers and make everything ok again. Done well a Q movie would be awesome however.

I agree, even though I REALLY REALLY want a DS9 movie. I Q movie would be good. They could do some really good graphics in a movie for Q.

Then again I think Odo would be great in a movie too. lol

I agree, even though I REALLY REALLY want a DS9 movie. I Q movie would be good. They could do some really good graphics in a movie for Q.

Then again I think Odo would be great in a movie too. lol

Didn't Q appear in DS9? I don't watch DS9, but I think I read somewhere that he did. If so Q could always make an appearance in a DS9 movie.

OK, so if there was a DS9 movie, then Q COULD show up there and it'd make sense to fans.

........personally, I'd still want to see another TNG movie, but then that is just me :unsure:

From posting in another thread it got me thinking about some of the things that happened in All Good Things... You might recall that in the Q future the Klingons had conquered the Romulans.

Now how about this for the next movie:

The Titan has gone off to start negotiations with the Romulans. The Romulans and the Federation sign a peace treaty. The Klingons are not too happy about this, still not forgiving the Romulans for Khitomer, decide to attack the Romulans thus putting the Federation in a very difficult situation.

What do you think?

OK, so if there was a DS9 movie, then Q COULD show up there and it'd make sense to fans.

........personally, I'd still want to see another TNG movie, but then that is just me :unsure:

Since they killed Data I want a new NG movie bringing him back to life too. But I really want a DS9 movie soon thereafter lol

From posting in another thread it got me thinking about some of the things that happened in All Good Things...  You might recall that in the Q future the Klingons had conquered the Romulans.

Now how about this for the next movie:

The Titan has gone off to start negotiations with the Romulans.  The Romulans and the Federation sign a peace treaty.  The Klingons are not too happy about this, still not forgiving the Romulans for Khitomer, decide to attack the Romulans thus putting the Federation in a very difficult situation.

What do you think?

i really want another tng movie, but if that is not fully possible, then a partially mixed cast will be good. and that idea is excellent, soong_girl. i would make a great movie. good work. :lol:

I really want a TNG movie too, but as for a "mixed" cast...maybe it'd be OK to have one or two characters cross over.... too many and it it become too confusing I think.

Wait, don't all TNG movies have a mixed cast. . . after all Worf is on the Enterprise and he is a DS9 character, or Kirk appearing (and Scotty) in Generations, or how about that Janeway was bossing Picard around in Nemesis?? OK, so maybe I am just being facicious here, but I think I do have a point.

How can they say it would be hard to bring Sisko back for a movie? It is called imagination! If there were a big enough reason, I'm sure he coudl be released from the Wormhole. I wonder if Jeri would really want to come back for a movie? I understand she hated her catsuit.

Brooks is on the outs? Really? what for?

Mixed cast is ok, but even using Enterprise seems to be speadign it too thin. Save them for when the show is off the air.

Why not just stick with the "tv series" cast that we've grown to love? I mean, that's the whole point of a Trek movie, right? To bring the "series" to the big screen for a few final adventures?

Since DS9 & VOY were on at the same time, with DS9 being a very complicated series, why not just skip to VOY and do a few movies based on that series?

I would like to see a new cast altogether, in a S.T. movie era film. (somewhere between I - VI)

Maybe 'U.S.S. Stargazer' or 'U.S.S.Boseman'.

Voyager, TNG,- space was becoming more 'soap opera' like, aliens were 'face attachment' of the week.

Some movie project with Fan ideas behind it. I'm tired of the Paramount 'star bucks' babies writing S.T. stories.