Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

49ers didn't look all that bad

I was all ready to write off this year for the niners, but they actually didn't look all that bad yesterday. Yeah, they had 10 penalties (Still a problem) but it wasn't as bad as some games where it seemed like every other play would cause a penalty or not. I know it was only one game, but they were able to stick with Atlanta (Maybe it was Atlanta who looked bad) the whole way through and almost won. Is there hope for the niner empire this year. Maybe I was being harsh, but I will be pleasently surprised if I can be a fan with optimism this year. We shall see.

With as much as the Niners lost during the off season it's going to be a really hard year for them I think,.

I'll root for them as long as it doesn't affect the Eagles lol

I know I originally posted this in week one, but yesterday the niners sucked. There was no offense, the defense sucked, and there was no sense of urgency. If you want to score, you don't keep running the ball right in the middle where the entire pile is. I want Dorsey to do well, but I have a feeling Rattay will be the starter this week. They really need something good to happen, because they were embarrassed yesterday. They are going to be on sunday night against the rams. They better show up.

I really feel for 49ers fans, I've lived through some 3-13 seasons with the Eagles. One thing to think about though, you have to go through these times in order to rebuild and right now the Niners are in that process. I don't know that the coach that they have is the right fit for that job though, I think it's going to take a new coaching staff and a good draft philosophy to get the job done.

The franchise is a winning franchise though and I would fully expect them to return to that in the next couple of seasons.

I really feel for 49ers fans, I've lived through some 3-13 seasons with the Eagles. One thing to think about though, you have to go through these times in order to rebuild and right now the Niners are in that process. I don't know that the coach that they have is the right fit for that job though, I think it's going to take a new coaching staff and a good draft philosophy to get the job done.

The franchise is a winning franchise though and I would fully expect them to return to that in the next couple of seasons.

267006[/snapback]

The team has been in rebuilding for the last 5+ years. It's our stupid owner and managment that are the problem.

267006[/snapback]

The team has been in rebuilding for the last 5+ years. It's our stupid owner and managment that are the problem.

267010[/snapback]

I can identify with that with that too. The Eagles had to deal with Norman Bramen for about 10 years. He drove away one of the best Defenses in NFL history and drove away one of the best Defensive Ends in NFL history in Reggie White. I thank the good Lord for the day Jeffery Laurie bought the Eagles.

It might take something similar in San Fran to get things turned around. The Debartalo family knew what it took from an ownership standpoint and the new ownership might need to take a lesson from them.