Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

Which shipper did YOU support :D

Would you have liked Chacotay to end up with Janeway, or were you happy with Seven?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have liked Chacotay to end up with Janeway, or were you happy with Seven?

• Janeway, gosh darnit!
    • Seven of Nine all the way!
    • Neither, he didn't deserve either
    • Neither, they didn't deserve him

I went with Seven. I think that although he and Janeway would make a great couple, I am not sure it would have worked.

Even though I was not unhappy with how he ended up with Seven. I thought he and Janeway were the better match. :bow:

I'm glad he got with Seven. It never would have worked with Janeway. If they had been in the Alpha quadrent and they could have worked on diffrent ships then it would be ok.

:D I think Seven should end up with Harry. Janeway becomes an Adm. and ends up with one. Chakotay stated that he was going to reconnect with his own people. Maybe to bring back Voyager, they could use that time period between the marquis ship being captured by the A-Ray and the time Voyager shows up to add some spice. This way they can put the character of Chakotay in the lime light again. :wow:

I loke doing this once in a while so we can compare old results to new: 5, 3, 0, 1, Janeway in the lead! (YES!!!!)

I think most people would choose janeway ( myself included) but but as Kate mulgrew stated herself in a convention this year

" it just wasn't right to let janeway have a solid relationship, her main goal was to get voyager home. that and much of the people watching voyager were males between the age of 13-26 and none of them want to see a mother figure 'doing it'" :innocent:

I think most people would choose janeway ( myself included)  but but as Kate mulgrew stated herself in a convention this year

" it just wasn't right to let janeway have a solid relationship,  her main goal was to get voyager home.  that and much of the people watching voyager were males between the age of 13-26 and none of them want to see a mother figure 'doing it'" :laugh:

They didn't have to SEE anything, but they at least could have left the options open!! (although she brings up good points about both this and her hair, I still say I liked it better later, and Chakotay was off his head!)

Here's the way I see it. Janeway and Chakotay had been building a relationship for seven years. Seven comes on board, and there's still nothing between her and Chakotay. And then, all of a sudden near the end of the series, it turns out that Seven likes Chakotay. Later still, we find them together....

That... that's just... mmm wrong. Janeway and Chakotay had been through so much... and he clearly respected her, if not liked her. One of my favorite Janeway/Chakotay scenes is in "Year of Hell" when he gives her a watch and she refuses to take it and tells him to recycle it. Later on, she finds it in his quarters and keeps it. Awww.

Anyway, Seven and Chakotay's relationship seemed kind of sudden. Very sudden. No explanations given, all of a sudden they're a couple. Whereas Janeway and Chakotay had been together so much longer and and been through so much. They were certainly very close. I think it should have been Janeway.

They are too good for him. I might be thinking paranoid, but I think he would of had a better relationship with Seka. It would be a creepy way if they ended up married.

Here's the way I see it.  Janeway and Chakotay had been building a relationship for seven years.  Seven comes on board, and there's still nothing between her and Chakotay.  And then, all of a sudden near the end of the series, it turns out that Seven likes Chakotay.  Later still, we find them together....

That... that's just... mmm wrong.  Janeway and Chakotay had been through so much... and he clearly respected her, if not liked her.  One of my favorite Janeway/Chakotay scenes is in "Year of Hell" when he gives her a watch and she refuses to take it and tells him to recycle it.  Later on, she finds it in his quarters and keeps it.  Awww.

Anyway, Seven and Chakotay's relationship seemed kind of sudden.  Very sudden.  No explanations given, all of a sudden they're a couple.  Whereas Janeway and Chakotay had been together so much longer and and been through so much.  They were certainly very close.  I think it should have been Janeway.

Beedrill, you're very eloquent, you know? That;s exactly what I thought, nothing else to add. :laugh::laugh:

I would have preferred that Chuckles end up with Janeway instead. They had a lot more chemistry, and would have been a better match. Seven was emotionally still a kid, and needed time to grow up before being pushed into a relationship. While Janeway/Chakotay would have been much more mature, and sophisticated in a Jane Austen-like sort of way. (Mainly because of the way Janeway was written/portrayed early on.)

Beedrill, you're very eloquent, you know? That;s exactly what I thought, nothing else to add.  <_<  :D

Oh, thanks. ^-^;; I usually just call it verbose, but I like your word better. ^.~

I think Seven was a good choice. Was a very good way to show how far she had come in terms of her humanity.