Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

Guys Who Cook

Are there any guys on the site that can cook? Or try at least? I'm not the best but I have been trying. Last night I made chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies and they were actually edible. :waaaa: What can any of you guys make? Microwave burritos don't count. :wacko:

I can cook a mean waffle, mind you what we call waffles in Europe are different to what you call them in the U.S., pretty good with pancakes too.

I live alone so it's either cook or starve.. :waaaa:

I usually try to keep it simple though..The less time it takes the better as far as I'm concerned..What do I cook ? I tend to eat a lot of pasta..And at times have chicken with baked potatoe..Or Kabasi or sausage with rice and vegetables..During the summertime I eat a lot of fresh vegetables..Easy cooking.. :wacko:

I started working as a cook at the age of sixteen, worked in a half a dozen places as a cook for 12 years, and then went into management.

I can cook steak, fish, vegetables, poultry, sauces, and a few different types of soup. I have used a microwave in the past, but not solely. I prefer to cook on a charbroiler.

So yes I can cook.

i started cooking at 16 at Shoney's then El Chico , Hooters, and a couple Bar&Grills during the college thing...I love cooking....just handed the apron over to the mrs......guess i'll be getting it back out soon.

Guest Ktrek

My Mom taught me how to cook at age 12, that was 36 years ago. I cook just about anything and everything. I love to try new things. I love using herbs and spices and am what I call an "inspirational" cook. That means I can look in the cupboard, freezer, and frig and come up with dishes on the spot. My wife says I am one of the best cooks she has ever known and loves it when I cook which is about 50% of the houshold cooking. I love looking through recipe books for ideas but I almost always think of ways to improve dishes in the recipe books.

Kevin

I started working as a cook at the age of sixteen, worked in a half a dozen places as a cook for 12 years, and then went into management.

I can cook steak, fish, vegetables, poultry, sauces, and a few different types of soup. I have used a microwave in the past, but not solely. I prefer to cook on a charbroiler.

So yes I can cook.

262040[/snapback]

OMG you actually posted. Thud.gif Sorry honey, just kidding. :wow:

When we got married I could barely make toast. Now I'm a good cook, but Robert taught me everything I know. Men who are good cooks rock. :wow:

I cook my own food. I used to cook a bunch of stuff all the time a few years ago, soda cakes, biscotti, some other foods....

I cook for me and debbie almost every night and i dont mean microwave dinners i can cook some good dishes,i dont mind cooking at all :chef:

I cook for me and debbie almost every night and i dont mean microwave dinners i can cook some good dishes,i dont mind cooking at all  :chef:

262091[/snapback]

:wow: I have to agree with that hang is a great cook much better then me i am useless in the kitchen so i tend to leave the cooking to him unless he is sick or out somewhere then i make it.

I worked in five-star restaurants in high school and part of college. I started out in Jr. High as a "pearl diver" and ended up running the kitchen during the day shift. I'm quite skilled in the kitchen. I've cooked enough that I never need to measure anything, can make up recipes in my head, and can tell what spices to use in a certain dish.

Sorry, I know this thread is for guys, but I couldn't resist. DUMPLINGS???WAB! :wacko: Tell me how you make "DUMPLINGS" Please???? :helpsmilie:

Sorry, I know this thread is for guys, but I couldn't resist. DUMPLINGS???WAB! :wacko: Tell me how you make "DUMPLINGS" Please???? :helpsmilie:

263817[/snapback]

I'm chinese so my mom and grandma taught me.

1Ok, first you need to buy dumpling skins at your grocery store, preferably an asian supermarket. Take a mixture of chicken/pork/beef or whatever uncooked meat. Mix it with Chinese spinach or something similar in a food processor. Some like to add ginger, onion, chives, etc. Thaw the frozen dumpling skins. Do not heat them!!!!

2whip an egg so that the yolk and white mix. Do not heat this egg.

3Take the Meat mixture and roll into balls. spread them in the egg and put in the middle of the skin. Fold skin in half. Pinch them to close and use the egg to seal them.

Repeat the previous step to make more dumplings

Boil, steam or pan-fry. Check when the skins are the right texture. Then remove and serve.

Buy dumpling sauce or use a mixture of vinegar and soy sauce.

The alternative is buying them by the 30 pack at an asian supermarket.

I can cook a mean waffle, mind you what we call waffles in Europe are different to what you call them in the U.S., pretty good with pancakes too.

262007[/snapback]

hand over the waffles :sweatdrop:

Sorry, I know this thread is for guys, but I couldn't resist. DUMPLINGS???WAB! :hmmm: Tell me how you make "DUMPLINGS" Please???? :helpsmilie:

263817[/snapback]

I'm chinese so my mom and grandma taught me.

1Ok, first you need to buy dumpling skins at your grocery store, preferably an asian supermarket. Take a mixture of chicken/pork/beef or whatever uncooked meat. Mix it with Chinese spinach or something similar in a food processor. Some like to add ginger, onion, chives, etc. Thaw the frozen dumpling skins. Do not heat them!!!!

2whip an egg so that the yolk and white mix. Do not heat this egg.

3Take the Meat mixture and roll into balls. spread them in the egg and put in the middle of the skin. Fold skin in half. Pinch them to close and use the egg to seal them.

OH Thank you thank you, thank you. :nono2: Me and Fen will try to make these together, on the phone :naughty: Now, does you Mom make ' Spring Rolls' too? I love them but I can't seem to roll them tight enough. After I cook them in the oil they are sort of limp. Any tricks on how to do this? AND does your Mom have a recipe for 'Sweet and Sour' Sauce. You know the kind with the little bits of stuff in it?

Repeat the previous step to make more dumplings

Boil, steam or pan-fry. Check when the skins are the right texture. Then remove and serve.

Buy dumpling sauce or use a mixture of vinegar and soy sauce.

The alternative is buying them by the 30 pack at an asian supermarket.

263975[/snapback]

OOPS Sorry WAB. :nono2::naughty: I didn't go down far enough and what I asked you was right in the middle of the quote. Here it is:

OH Thank you thank you, thank you. Me and Fen will try to make these together, on the phone Now, does your Mom make ' Spring Rolls' too? I love them but I can't seem to roll them tight enough. After I cook them in the oil they are sort of limp. Any tricks on how to do this? AND does your Mom have a recipe for 'Sweet and Sour' Sauce. You know the kind with the little bits of stuff in it?

I know how to cook well enough to fix any meal of the day for myself or the family if necessary. Don't ask for no souffle though, my speciality is Spaget.

I cook pretty well, I am grill and smoker king! :king: When my wife and I first got married she couldn't burn things right, so I had to teach her how to cook. But now she is the chef. She turned into a right down great cook! :rolleyes: But if it concerns fire and outside thats all me.

There is the unspoken law in our household. "She that touches Airies smoker is she that loses hand" Just kidding <_< But I should open a BBQ I cook ribs, salmon, steaks, any kinda meat. I've even smoked shrimp before, that was my finest yet. I had several people tell me it was the best they had ever eaten.

OOPS Sorry WAB. :lol:  :hug: I didn't go down far enough and what I asked you was right in the middle of the quote. Here it is:

OH Thank you thank you, thank you.  Me and Fen will try to make these together, on the phone  Now, does your Mom make ' Spring Rolls' too? I love them but I can't seem to roll them tight enough. After I cook them in the oil they are sort of limp. Any tricks on how to do this? AND does your Mom have a recipe for 'Sweet and Sour' Sauce. You know the kind with the little bits of stuff in it?

264688[/snapback]

We usually don't have rolls and sweet and sour sauce... I don't know the recipe...