Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Do You Refuse To Watch A Trek Series?

We all ofcourse have or Favorite or Prefered Series, but do any of you just plain refuse to watch a Series for whatever reason, wether it be the show doesn't suit your tastes, don't like the actors, or you're just a simple narrow-minded person...?

I am pretty close to refusing to watch ENT. Also, I refuse to watch the last 3 seasons of Voyager. Other than that, anything is fair game.

I used to refuse watching all of them because I was being narrow minded (I thought nothing could be better than star wars) and taking everyone elses word that it sucks and is boring (turns out half of them hadn't seen it either....). Now I've TRIED very hard to watch ENT, and it's kinda, sorta, BEGINIING to grow on me (by that I mean I used to not be able to stand being in the room when it was being watched, but now, I can even watch a few minutes at a time without going out of my mind. I'm sure one day I'll be used to it or see some good episodes or get hooked or something - my brothers says all the ones Ive seen so far have been bad ones, coincidentally - but for now it's just not to my taste.) All the others I could watch for hours.

I have never refused to watch any of the shows, however with Voyager and DS9 I found that I did not put time aside to sit down and watch then especially as I did with TOS, TNG and now Enterprise. So, with Voyager and DS9 it was a case of 'if its on I'll watch it', but saying that I must have seen most of the episodes anyway.

I try to watch all the Star Trek series, however there are pretty many episodes on all 5 series, so I have not been able to watch all of them, but I intend to.. eventually..

Can't say I'm thrilled with DS9 or Voyager. I don't refuse to watch them I'm just not interested in them. I have seen several episodes that were really good in both series but I don't 'stop' to watch like I do for OS and NG. Oh, and I don't concider myself to be narrow-minded either, they don't 'strike my fancy'. :) It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the shows, they don't interest me.

Katy

I refused to watch DS9 when it first aired 'cos i was mortified and angry that they stopped making TNG. However , my sister,Seven, convinced me to borrow her video's when it had been going a couple of seasons and i was hooked. In fact it is my joint fave series with TNG.

I hate to admit it, but I refused to watch TNG when it first came on the air. I thought nothing, ever, ever, in a million years, could take the place of TOS. I preferred TOS reruns to new episodes of TNG.

Besides that, I had two small children and it was really hard to set aside time to watch anything other than Sesame Street.

When my children got a little older, however, I was slowly convinced that TNG was ALMOST as good as TOS.

I refused to watch anything but TNG until about two weeks ago. I started watching Voyager. At first I did not like it but now I think I'm hooked. I have never seen a DS9 episode and I have tried to watch Enterprise but I just can't get into it. I'll have to take it one series at a time.

When DS9 first came out, I'd barely watch it becuase my dad convinced me that it was just a dumb show about a bunch of people in costumes talking. Well, I started watching when Worf joined the cast, and I loved it! My local tv is stupid. They only show re-runs of the current season. So, I never got to see what I missed of the first 3 seasons. Thank goodness for season sets! :bow:

I was actually one of those guys who refused to see tgn after I saw Encounter at Farpoint. I didn't like the idea of this new crew taking over the role of the tos crew I knew and loved. I also hated their one piece uniforms it looked soooo uncomfortable. I watched it on and off and when there third season came around I was hooked (they even changed the uniforms!!!) So basically I learned not to judge a series by first impression. I was hooked on ds9 when it first came out (even more when they got thier own ship) and it also took me a while to get warmed up to voyager, but I never really stopped watching a series based on an episode I didn't like. Ent has had me hooked since it's first episode and I can't wait for the changes and new direction for the third season.

:bow:

I will not refuse to watch any Star Trek! I have seen every episode of every series to date.I enjoy them all very much including Enterprise.To me they are all equal,every series has had great episodes and evry series has had bad episodes.

I don't refuse to watch any series. Like y'all, I don't care for certain episodes in every one, so I don't watch those as a rule. I'm getting caught up on TNG...try to watch it every time if I'm home (which is doubtful). They're not rerunning DS9 or VOY here (darn it all!), and I'm not home on Wed night to catch ENT. What's a lady to do?

I'm afraid with the way our tv station treats Star Trek I can't afford to be picky. I love all of them.

Star Trek can be advertised and then taken off for sport, or pushed further along in the programming so you miss the episode.

Last time I was able to watch DS9 was Season Five 'Call to Arms'. :devil:

It's been so long ago now since I've seen an episode that I will need to borrow them from the video store and refresh my memory. The tv station has just finished playing Season 1 of Enterprise and is now halfway through Season 6 of Voyager. When will they ever get back to DS9? :bow:

:bow: I found it hard to switch from TOS because I just didn't think anything could be as good as the original. But because of my loyalty to Star Trek I watched and consider it a great series. Voyager is my all time favorite....DS9 and Ent. I like least of all. However I'm a trekkie, and I support all series.. :bow:

Ummm...DS9 Aired in the Middle of TNG's 6th Season....so they were still making TNG then  :bow:

Well maybe so. I may have got the time's mixed up a little, it was a long time ago. I know TNG had finished it's run a long time before i started watching DS9. :bow:

Enterprise is the only Trek incarnation that I haven't seen every episode of yet. I went out and bought season 4 on DVD because I heard it was the best. Some good episodes, great effects, but no stories like "City on the Edge of Forever" or "The Visitor" or any of 20 or so other great pure Trek episodes from TOS, TNG, DS9 or Voyager.

guardianrev.jpg

180px-Middle_aged_Jake_Sisko.jpg

i dont refure to watch anything im easily amused lol ill even watch the stupidest shows ever that my teenage sisters warch, of course i dont turn them on but i do watch them with others lol, so yeah i dont think theres ever been one i woudlnt watch, although there was a while when derek was watching the movies way too much but it was only a temporary i dont wanna watch it

At this point in time, there is no series that I refuse to watch. There are, however, certain episodes from three of the series that I won't watch.

I could never refuse to watch any Star Trek Series but I am not a fan of the original series and don't watch them often. I started with the Voyager Series then Deep Space Nine. They remain my prefered series.