Sign in to follow this  
Eris_IV

We may not be alone in the universe

The December 2004 issue of National Geographic has an article about searching for planets entitled 'Searching the stars for new earths!"

Among the info provided is the fact that 130 planets have been located, mostly Jupiter-like gas giants. But among the planned future projects is the Kepler Mission in 2007 which uses a new space-based telescope to survey 100,000 systems for earth-like planets.

And the article lists more of the current and future projects to continue the search for planets.

We must develop warp drive or find a stargate so we can GO to some of these places! ( I don't feel like being realistic just now.... I want to dream!)

I hope I live long enough to see man leave this solar system physically....not just with machines.

:elephant:  I was born too soon! :clap:

289742[/snapback]

Remember Dr. McCoy in TOS. He has had quite a long life, with his mental faculties are in tact, and he has reasonably good health! Who is to say you won't be like him, which makes you born at just the right time to be able to particpate, in say, vacations to the moon or Mars, or a space cruise around some of those nearby stars!

:elephant:  I was born too soon! :clap:

289742[/snapback]

Remember Dr. McCoy in TOS. He has had quite a long life, with his mental faculties are in tact, and he has reasonably good health! Who is to say you won't be like him, which makes you born at just the right time to be able to particpate, in say, vacations to the moon or Mars, or a space cruise around some of those nearby stars!

291158[/snapback]

While that may sound appealing, I would much rather meet an extraterrestrial being. To meet and communicate with a person from another world, well, after that I would be complete.