Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Official "Trekkies 2" Discussion Topic

This is the "Official 'Trekkies 2' Discussion Topic."

"Trekkies 2" is the sequel to the award winning "Trekkies."

post-68-1093994737.jpg

It is a docudrama that profiled and interviewed Star Trek fans from around. It is NOW available on DVD.

Click HERE to buy it on Amazon.

I will e-mail Roger Nygard and send him some of your "Trekkies 2" initial impressions, comments, reviews, constructive criticisms, and some of your ideas for a possible Trekkies 3. So buy it -- watch it -- post about it in this topic!

http://www.Trekkies2.com

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Sweet. I hope we got it in my store! We do have the first one... I still can't wait! Seeing all those Trek fanatics in the first one made me become a more dedicated Trekkie, I wonder what this will do for me.

I watched Trekkies 2 last night..I enjoyed it..It was fun to watch my fellow trekkies.. :picard-sith: It was so cool to see Warp 11 there..You get to hear bits of 2 of their songs..And there are so many mini interviews..All very interesting..And they even showed some fans producing their own trek skits/movies..I had fun watching it..And I must say that I got quite a few chuckles out of it..

Perhaps the only thing I didn't like was that they showed a few minor clips from the first Trekkies DVD..And I didn't feel it was necessary to re-visit a few that were in the first film..

Spacetigger, did you get to see Jacqueline Lichtenberg?

By the way, I don't have it yet. I'll be picking it up at the store in a few days.

Master Q

Spacetigger, did you get to see Jacqueline Lichtenberg?

By the way, I don't have it yet. I'll be picking it up at the store in a few days.

Master Q

258858[/snapback]

Yes I did MQ..Very, very briefly..She was right in that it would be a brief appearance..I enjoyed seeing her though..And hearing her comments..

Hello Spacetigger,

you has seen TREKKIES 2? Then you also saw me. I was the German Mr. Spock ;-)

Greetings from Germany

Vulcan Willi

259191[/snapback]

Yes Willie..You were one of the ones I was specifically looking for..I very much enjoyed your interview..You looked great... :lol:

How about this for an idea for Trekkies 3; to have some one from this site on there! Maybe they could interview VBG about this wonderful site..Or they could come to my home and check out all my collectibles..:bow: That's all a lot of people did...just show off their collections to Denise.. :bow:

The president of the Miami fan club (or somewhere) lives a few houses down from me. It would be cool if they brought their T3 crew down and interviewed the Trekkies of the community :lol:

He lives close to you sea trooper ? Are you part of that club in any way ? I still think it would be neat if VBG were interviewed about this site..They have been here in the chat room before anyway..

Well yeah VaBeachGuy should be there. He's almost a revolutionist!

And no, I've never actually met him, but my B-I-L (Trekkie) went over to see him but he was sleeping. :lol: Maybe I should find out how to join.

I thought the first movie was much funnier- the Europeon fans seemed more, well balanced than us Yanks, which makes for boring TV. There were good parts, but overall it kinda sucked. Gabriel as a married man was the most amazing part of the film, and I'm still not sure that he didn't CGI that part.

The best part was getting to see" No Kill I" for the 2 seconds a "PG" rating would allow them to be on TV.

I picked up "trekkies 2" on the first day it came out on dvd, and when I got home from my errands, promptly opened it and popped into my player. Needless to say, I was sucked in immediately. I liked how they showed other fans around the world plus giving us updates on some of the fans they featured in the previous film. I agree, it is good to see Gabriel Keorner happily married and that Barbara Adams is doing well in her job and life. I felt this film was less condescending than the first one and it even drew on issues on the first. As always with the Trekkie films, I saw people I knew personally in it, the last one was the guy who changed his name ot James T. Kirk, in this one it was one of the filkers. I was also fascinated by the fan productions out there. They were crude and simple but amusing. I am reccomending anyone who saw and enjoyed the first one to buy this one.