Sign in to follow this  
nemesis59

I think the Federation Military should have

Armor,Grenades,Shields around them,Camflouge stuff, and many other stuff. For me,I'm getting tired seeing Soldiers without Armor and other important stuff for the military. Even Security should have them too.Share your ideas or Opinions.

I would hate to see that! We have enough of that now. Star Trek is suppose to be a more peaceful future. I don't want to turn on the news and see armor, grenades, camflouge and all that and then turn on ST and see it there too. Star Trek is my escape. It's fiction, it doesn't have to be perfectly realistic in every way.

If I remember correctly, The Security Officers of TOS Movie Era had Armor.

In the Star Trek Game, Elite Force, They Hazzard Team Wore Ablative Armor Suits that could Regenerate itself with Energy taken from power sources. It also replinished health. They even had a Mobile Transporter Buffer to Store Weapons and supplies in when not using them. Had a HUD Device too. They wore it on their head ofcourse.

There are other things about it that I can't remember now :laugh:

I agree to a point.  I mean where are the phaser proof vests?

Now that's a good idea. I wonder why they don't have those. 1042284708.gif

Well, I think that while on the ship, having a phaser and/or phaser rifle is fine. But, when they go on away missions, I agee, the security officers protecting the away team should have a little more than just a phaser rifle. Perhaps security officers could add a "gear vest", so they have more than a phaser and tricorder?

Blades eh?? I bet the Klingons don't have as much Trouble with the Borg when they're boarded...hell...I bet the Klingon send boarding parties to Borg ships.

I think they should have blades to take out the borg when their Phaser weapons are useless.

How about an old fashion projectile-weapon? Would the Borg then adapt with physical armor? Would they become bullet-proof? :)

If you remember the episode where Picard goes into the holdeck and uses the machine gun on the borg, it was very effective.

Yea but i don't think they can't take Holographic weapons out of the Holodeck room.I don't know if Starfleet will remake the weapons like today's technology

Most people in the 24th century, except history buffs like Tom Paris don't even know about Projectile weapons.

Though I think a good point is made. With all the advances in technology, why haven't they invented a personal force field or some kind of armor for extra protection. Even the most basic security officers in our time usually wear a bullet proof vest, but I think an entire avenue of military advancement has been totally ignored by the writers.

I would hate to see that! We have enough of that now. Star Trek is suppose to be a more peaceful future. I don't want to turn on the news and see  armor, grenades, camflouge and all that and then turn on ST and see it there too. Star Trek is my escape. It's fiction, it doesn't have to be perfectly realistic in every way.

Don't forget,There are enemies could try to destroy peace, and Peace always have defenders.Military fight for Peace.If there was Peace and no protecters,things can change alot

Enemies could easily take over and destroy peace.Hope you know what i mean

As i recall in star trek 3 when they approach spock's breached quarters and in star trek 6 when they fire a phaser in the galley, there were fully armored security guards on the 1701.... phaser rifles, helmet and what appears to be a phaser-resistant vest? i think in star trek 5 too the assault team had some armor on them too...i dont know why but i could have sworn i saw a riot shield on one of them...ill have to check its been a while

Yes I remember that the original ST movie's security guards had armor. Whether they could stop phaser beams set on disintegrate I don't know I doubt it. In hand to hand combat with enemies that do have armor like the Klingons, Borg, Cardassians ect the 24th century security guards are at a disadvantage. Maybe the got rid of the armor for speed.

a totally resonable assumption....im sure they still have some sort of heavy armored assault gear for special forces like section 31

I figure that Transporter technology would eliminate the need for most of these toys. Not to mention basic tech like night-vision; infra-red & other sensory devices, tied into a transporter's imaging scanners, I'm proposing would be able to see through walls & lock onto hostages or criminals. In more mobile "field" situations, simply tie the same combination of items into a tricorder, with a backpack-sized "camping"-style generator, or in a drastic situation, tap into a runabout's power-transfer ability to hijack someone out of a situation in an apartment or office or bunker.

Beam a terrorist or "person of interest" into a buffer & hold them there, deactivate energy weapons or re-direct a propellant-based 20th century grade weapon or sword / batleth to another transporter pad in another room on another deck, just to be safe before re-materialization. Then, to contain a person &/or biohazard (in the event the computer didn't recognize a germ,) just before materialization, put up force-fields in the transporter room holding a potential criminal untill sufficient security / counseling forces can be arranged for an interrogation or an interview with legal representation. I'd keep a transporter scattering field / transport inhibitors located in concealed locations around my ship (known only to the Captain, First Officer & Chief Of Security,) during warp & in unfamilliar surroundings, to make "ambush" boardings significantly more difficult.

But otherwise, an Armory is necessary but the items mentioned in the posts above shouldn't be considered a regular Starfleet Security Team item. On a Galaxy X-Class Anti-Borg vessel, granted, the weapons used in "Insurrection" versus the S'ona would be appropriate, or a ship specifically designed to take on a rogue Jem Hadar, Hirogen, or Brikar vessel / crew, tough-shelled beings that wouldn't be easily tackled by hand-to-hand or other more humane means of intervention.

Armor,Grenades,Shields around them,Camflouge stuff, and many other stuff. For me,I'm getting tired seeing Soldiers without Armor and other important stuff for the military. Even Security should have them too.Share your ideas or Opinions.

I would hate to see all that.. do we really need more war and blowing things up??

I think the vests are a good idea though.. :wow:

I think they should have blades to take out the borg when their Phaser weapons are useless.

How about an old fashion projectile-weapon? Would the Borg then adapt with physical armor? Would they become bullet-proof? :laugh:

Hardly, Picard killed two borgs with holographic bullets in FC, they should use bullets against the borg in the future..

How about an old fashion projectile-weapon? Would the Borg then adapt with physical armor? Would they become bullet-proof? :laugh:

Hardly, Picard killed two borgs with holographic bullets in FC, they should use bullets against the borg in the future..

Yeah, but that was only 2 drones. If they continued to use projectile weapons, wouldn't the Borg eventually adapt? They might adapt their shields so objects at high speed would bounce off perhaps?

Yeah, but that was only 2 drones. If they continued to use projectile weapons, wouldn't the Borg eventually adapt? They might adapt their shields so objects at high speed would bounce off perhaps?

That's possible,The federation Military should have armor to prevent the Borg thing(Nanoprobes,I think)to become one of them.

That's possible,The federation Military should have armor to prevent the Borg thing(Nanoprobes,I think)to become one of them.

Voyager's EMH explained to Janeway that the Borg tubules (spelling?) could penetrate any known materrial or force field. So, I don't think Starfleet could crank out assimilate-proof technology any time soon.