Sign in to follow this  
master_q

President Bush now a doctor

President Bush got an honorary doctorial degree in law from the University of S. Carolina in Columbia today!

Good Job Bush!

He deserves it!

vstory.bush.jpg

--Picture From CNN

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Bush... warmonger..

With people like him we will never see our ST utopia on earth.. that's for sure :laugh:

I wonder which country he will attack next, doesn't have that many left on the list.. But he'll think of one, that's for sure..

Well if you think that then you don’t know all the issues at hand. The war with Iraq for example was about persevering and making fewer troubles in the future. If we did nothing then another Sep 11th would happen again in the future. Both Iraq and al Qaeda have shared objectives and I think it would be foolish for someone to think that a dialog was not opened between them and already some members of the press have found evidence that there is. Just imagine if Iraq gave some of its weapons (like biological / chemical) to al Qadea. If we never acted to bring down Saddam Hussein's regime, then we could have faced a much bigger problem in the future which could of cost thousands of more lives by them using biological (or chemical) weapons. The war with Iraq also liberates the people that live there. Thinking that a ST utopia on earth will not happen because of him is completely wrong and because of the liberation of the Iraqi people and the domino effect that will probably happen in the future if we push for it *will* actually bring us closer to it. As a result from what all of you are saying is that we should have left this and let the people of Iraq suffer. That will not bring us to your dream of a utopia. That is in fact conmen sense!

I have done some research on the man Saddam Hussein. I have also watched lots of special coverage on the man (not only now, but years ago). On a special coverage it is estimated that he ordered killings on his own people of 500,000 to 1,000,000. This man has killed half a million or even (and probably) more then a half a million.

After watching a show on TV some women that were from Iraq said that a girl wrote in her notebook and said something bad about the government. The teacher saw this and then reported it. After that the girl was put in jail they then the officers put electrical shocks attached to her lips and other parts of her body. The parents were brought to this prison and then had to watch them give her electrical shocks and rape her. When they were there they also saw meat grinding machines that the government placed living people in to grind them up. I can’t imagine what it was like for that mother & farther to have been there and saw things like this. This government has done tons and tons of acts of killings. They use chemical weapons on there own people like the Kurdish people. Killings thousands of them . . . people that saw this said that they could see people coughing up blood everywhere . . . a very horrible sight and way to die.

If this by it self does not justify action against him and the government, then I don’t know . . .what does. Should we let another half a million die? How about waiting longer and another half million and another?

Should we wait until he has killed even more people and has tons & tons of more weapons? Weapons of mass destruction (or how it is also called “weapons of mass murder”) building up? Letting him build a nuclear bomb? And then we decide to take action and have to confront a much more powerful enemy?

Let me do the math here. First off he would have killed thousands of more people in his own country. With a nuclear bomb (or even more biological weapons - which I consider more dangerous) would again could be used to kill more people in a future conflict. More people would die in a future war that would happen sooner or later.

This math is real. This is reality. The world is not a perfect place and I wish it was peaceful and I wish there were more people in the world like me & you, but the world has people unlike me & you who are evil.

I guess the questions that are out there are “is he an threat to us now - right now”?.

Well first I can definitely say off bat he is a threat right now to his own people.

What about us in the United States and other places?

Well first off a question like “is he a threat to us” places a higher value on our lives then the people of Iraq. It does! And that is not right in the first place. All life if it is here or in Iraq is important. That kind of argument is not right! Saying that we are more valuable then the hundreds and hundreds that Saddam kills is not right.

But is he a threat to United States and others? When I turn on my TV they said in the north of Iraq there is a group who are very deeply connected with Al-Qaeda. This group in fact is supported by the government of Iraq. In the first Gulf War they helped bring down the Kurdish. So is there a connection with Al-Qaeda? There is! And I don’t know why there is doubt of that. And if Hussein had an opportunity would he not do something like Sep 11th? Of course he would. This is a man who has his government teaching kids in schools to hate America. Some are and some are not brainwashed, but the ones that are hate America very much. Just imagine that and imagine them through official or unofficial channels take or get some weapons like biological or chemical. Imagine now them using something like biological weapons or even shipping them to the leaders of Al-Qaeda.

Is something like this a real possibility?

Of course it is and to think other wise is pretty dumb.

People are taught to hate America and some believe it. They would not give it a second thought to use there country’s weapons of mass destruction against us or someone else.

And we even know that there are connections. I have stated that the news has said that there are deep connections in the north and that the government supports them. Hey, the government was having larger parties after Sep 11th. And is a very possible connection for funding from Iraq to the Al-Qaeda networks. And a good possible connection to Sep 11.

I remember a week or two after Sep 11th that CNN was doing its own private investigations of the matter and they actually traced back funding from Iraq. Well now someone might ask “why has this not been an issue?”. Well if you look at the facts I believe that Iraq destroyed them. Iraq has even killed some of the deep rooted connections, then there will be no evidence tracing back. On the news during that time they have said that Iraq has killed some Al-Qaeda connections. These people had parties . . . they were just cleaning off some of the finger prints on the manner. And now there is evidence which I posted about before on this board.

Some of the interesting things that I see when watching TV is that Russia has sold (and has done even a few days before the war) weapons to the Iraqis. They have economic investments in Iraq. France made a major deal with management of the oil. They have major economic investments. Germany also another economic investment . . . .

These countries are loosing thousands because of this war.

While I’m not saying this is the primary reason why they don’t favor it, but this is definitely a big one.

But I must ask myself “Why do people from Europe oppose this war as they do?”

I think this is because they don’t feel as vulnerable as we do here in the U.S.

First off we are really target #1 and Europe is really an after thought. This is the real reason to why that a majority of them don’t support it. If they lived in the U.S. they would have a different picture . . . a different window. They did not have a Sep 11 so they don’t feel the grand and problem that Iraq brings. This is the reason I think. And if a Sep 11th happened in Europe, then I could most definitely say a majority would support the war.

So like I have stated bringing down Saddam Hussein actually does bring us closer to a “ST utopia”!

How can it be the other way around in that specific case? It is not.

Master Q

Does anyone have any good evidence that he attacks counties for no good reason?

One thing I don’t think any of you realize is this is the next big thing - war on al-Qaeda. Last time it was the Cold War. We are in this for the long run if you like it or not. If you don’t know that, then I think you should get your facts straight on parallelisms in history and current events. It will take years. We are in this for the long run - to project yourselfs and topPromote freedom.

Let’s see how many: 2

Afghanistan

(Unless you think we should let al-Qaeda kill more people and let them run the system in this country)

Iraq

(Unless you think we should let Hussein murder more people and let him in the future give out weapons or give more support to al-Qaeda)

If you do have any good reasons, then please share them.

Master Q

Bush wants to take out Cuba,too because Castro supports terrorist

Well if you want to make statements like that, then all I can say is that you have to give evidence to support your statement(s)

Master Q

I generally try to stay away from these topics so as not to alienate anyone but here's my 2 cents worth... lol

The attack on Afganistan was due to that country being the hot bed of Binladen. They supported him they backed him and they refused to turn him over.

Iraq is a different story. This was not a "new action". This was a resumption of the 1991 Gulf war. In 1991 Iraq signed a cease fire agreement. In it they agreed to many different aspects, disarming was one of them. Over the past 10 years Iraq violated that cease fire agreement time after time. Those violations of the agreement made the cease fire void. Therefore operation Iraqi Freedom was simply a resumption of hostilities from 1991.

As for who's "next". IF there is a 'next', it would likely be North Korea and I doubt that's going to happen. There again the war with North Korea from the 1950's has never ended. There was only a cease fire and hostilities could resume at any given time and it would still be the same war.

Cuba is like a mosquito bite on your ankle, it's annoying but in time it will go away on it's own. We won't go after Cuba.

As for President Bush being a "warmongerer" I honestly don't consider him that at all. President Clinton was far more willing to use our military and the instances he used it were questionable to say the least. At least now the reasons for using the U.S. military are for honest reasons. The protection of this nation and it's people.

Those are my opinions on this topic.

I actually backed out about three time from posting here - I didn't want to alienate anyone either. Let me first say I was never a George Bush fan (I have the McCain 2000 pin to show it). Subsequently I was surprised by how he handled the terrorist attacks of 9-11-01 and the war against the Taliban and then Iraq.

If Bush had just sat on his hands in this matter - then when the next terrorist attack did come everyone would be railing on him for not going after Saddam.

I'm still not a Bush fan. But I believe that a Saddam held Iraq posed a genuine threat to American lives and to American Freedom. I feel so sad for the families of American, British, Canadian, and Australian soldiers that were lost in the war. I realize that because of their loss the little ones that I love have a better chance to grow up free and safe. Maybe Bush deserves his "honorary degree" but for certain I know that those lost soldiers deserve "honors" they won't be able to receive.

ok the thing is we havent been in at war soo much since Bush Sr was in office

Bush Sr. Panama (to go after one man) and Iraq (to ensure stablilty in region)

Bush Jr AFghanistan (to go after one man ) and Iraq (to ensure stability in region)

coincidence?

ok the thing is we havent been in at war soo much since Bush Sr was in office

Bush Sr. Panama (to go after one man) and Iraq (to ensure stablilty in region)

Bush Jr AFghanistan (to go after one man ) and Iraq (to ensure stability in region)

coincidence?

Your comments could be interpreted as saying the previous adminstration sat on their hands regarding terrorists? There were at least six attacks resulting in nearly 400 deaths between 1993 - 2000

Go to bottom of this webpage - I omitted OK from my count.

List at Bottom of page

Particularly interesting considering the number of other military operations our soldiers were involved in during that time.

US Military Operations

One thing for sure - I need to pay more attention to what's going on - I wasn't aware of all those campaigns.

I think the real reason people somewhat dislike him or have called him “dumb” or “stupid” in the past is really because he is not good in front of the camera. I know if it was me in front of the camera or in his place I would stumble and mispronounce words a lot. That is the real reason. A lot of people have labeled him “dumb” or “stupid” because he is not good in front of the camera. But lots and lots of times we see that he really is smart. Not only in many of his actions with Iraq and Afghanistan, but how he deals with politics. If you follow up on politics as much as I, then you probably know that Bush and the people that are working for him have done a great job politically for the Republican and the Republican majority that is in place. Also (IMHO) we because of Iraq and because of other actions taken by Bush that we are safer then we were before. I also think (IMHO) if someone like Gore won, then we would not be as safe. (Well it is true {and surprising} that Liberman actually supported the war with Iraq, but in the long run we might have pushed out of that just because of the left and the majority of democrat views, . . . . but that’s another story)

I also think that the majority of people here in the US have much more respect for the man. He is honest and that’s a big change from having someone like Clinton in the office (LOL). How he is handling homeland security is great and it just shows that he is the man for the job.

During the elections I did not really support him. I thought that someone better could represent the Republican party, but now that we have him and I have seen what he has done I now know that he really was (and is) the best from that job.

Master Q

Don't get me wrong now but I fully supported the war in Iraq,I may hate Pres.Bush but I hated Saddam even more.I have more support for the troops than the president.I don't believe Bush to be trustworthy and thats my bottom line.

I'm glad the war in Iraq is coming to an end and the troops will be returning home soon,But I'll be more happy once Bush is voted out of office *Keeps fingers crossed!*

Now if any of the oil from Iraq starts being sold to American corperations that have ties to Bush and his buddies then I will definatly be outraged.Personally I'm all for removing the troops and putting in a Muslim peacekeeping force,that way the rest of the world can't say America invaded Iraq to take over its oil production.

I don't believe Bush to be trustworthy and thats my bottom line. I'm glad the war in Iraq is coming to an end and the troops will be returning home soon,But I'll be more happy once Bush is voted out of office *Keeps fingers crossed!*

Now if any of the oil from Iraq starts being sold to American corperations that have ties to Bush and his buddies then I will definatly be outraged.

Here’s how I think they will get away with in the public opinion; Americans gas prices will drop to prices below what they have been paying for the last ten years, everyone will be so happy and gay about having more $$ in their pockets they will look the other way about any other issue (or promises made to them) and the Bush steamroller will then crush any Democratic hope for the next election, can you say "four more years"?

I believe that Bush is doing his primary job as Commander in Chief, Protecting that security and sanctity of the United States. Iraq was violating the cease fire, and if the US had continued to allow the transgressions who is to say how much further Sadam would have taken it. I firmly believe that there was probably communication between the al Quata and Sadam.

I believe that Bush is doing his primary job as Commander in Chief, Protecting that security and sanctity of the United States.  Iraq was violating the cease fire, and if the US had continued to allow the transgressions who is to say how much further Sadam would have taken it.  I firmly believe that there was probably communication between the al Quata and Sadam.

In fact there is already direct evidence of this

Here is a link to one of the topics that I started showing a direct link between them

http://server7.ipshosting.com/~startrek/in...=ST&f=12&t=1206

Master Q

I might be mistaking, but I can't remember reading that they have even found any weapons in Iraq (biological, chemical or nuclear of course).

What I like the least with the war in Iraq, is that Bush went totally against the wishes of UN (and mosts parts of the world). I think it is undermining everything we are trying to do..

From the standpoint of a US citizen I don't mind if the President goes against the wishes of the UN. The President of the United States has one primary responsibility that he must carry out. To protect and defend the United States.

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Everyone can disagree on the facts, was it right or was it wrong. Either way he was fulfilling his oath as President Of The United States. Nowhere in that oath does it say "But only if the UN says I can."

I personally would be more then happy to see the UN go the way of the League of Nations.

One day the Earth may have a governing body like the UFP but not now, not the UN.

Yeah the UN is pretty worthless now.They gave Saddam resolutions back in 91 and for 12 years did nothing when Saddam would not comply.

I might be mistaking, but I can't remember reading that they have even found any weapons in Iraq (biological, chemical or nuclear of course).

What I like the least with the war in Iraq, is that Bush went totally against the wishes of UN (and mosts parts of the world). I think it is undermining everything we are trying to do..

ok heres my input. what they did or didnt find, think about it, besides the fact theyve had 12 years of inspections to hide from, and since about 12/02 or 1/02, since bush first started talking about iraq too, to hide, and move whatever they had. its a country, its not like going into a building trying to find something. what gets me is that soooooooooo many people tend to forget that terrorists by nature will never, never, negotiate, or talk their way through something, they HATE US, THE USA, AND OTHER FREE, "INFADELS" NATIONS. WE ARE ALL EVIL to them. its been proven, that SADDAM has had connections with the first WTC bombing, and with terrorists. so what was bush supposed to do, sit around and wait for more attacks, NONONONONO, he did what he was supposed to do to protect all of us, went after them before they could come back, and make no mistake, they would come back, and probably will still keep trying to. war is sad, it sucks, and YES PEOPLE DIE. have you all forgoten the 3000 plus people that died on 911, when THEY declared war on the U.S.. how could you possibly feel the best plan of attack, was to sit back like cowards. our forefathers died to make this a free country, and died some more to keep it that way. why should it be any different now. also we are the LAST SUPERPOWER, that also makes us a target. were not going out and trying to take over the world, just defending our intersts, and MOST OF ALL, OUR PEOPLE, LAND, AND FREEDOM. we shouldnt have to live in fear of when the next attack is gonna come. PRESIDENT BUSH,is no idiot, or warmonger, or anything bad, he is doing what WE THE PEOPLE elected him to do, PROTECT OR FREEDOM, LIVES, AND INTERESTS. give him a break, and the rest of us who want to live without fear. he has enough to worry about, and think about. all gore would've done is sit back and go PLEASE DONT DO THAT AGAIN, we all know TIPPER wouldnt let him do a thing, after all she really would've been the one calling the shots, and that sure isnt what i wanted. those are my opinions, wether you agree or not is your right, thanks to military action throughout history, but whatever you think, DONT YOU THINK THAT UNITED WE STAND, means at least show the world we want to stand as one. give your support and hope for the best, instead of bashing, thats not gonna help a thing, and its only detrimental.