• Nope.
    • Not yet...
    • No way!
    • Ouiji?! That's absurd! *laughs*
    • What's an Ouiji? *scratches head*
    • Isn't that a message board?
    • Are batteries included?
    • I speak through the Ouiji... ^-^
    • The Room God(s) speaks through the Ouiji...

Ouija boards are just silly because you cannot trust the people you are using it with not to be moving the stylus around. How can you guarantee that someone at the table is not manipulating the board?

The only spirit I want to communicate with is the Holy Spirit, i.e. Christ, God, Jesus, Jehovah, Yaweh ... you know, the man himself. I don't think that he needs a Ouija board to talk to me, I hear from him every day.

We goofed off with one in college just to scare ourselves in a fun and non-threatening way. I don't think they're "demonic", I just think they're fake. It's no different than scaring yourself with a book or a movie ... if you really believe that stuff, then IMO you need some help.

I've never used one and don't really believe in stuff like that. I suppose I would consider trying one just for the fun of it. <shrugs>

Where can I get a ouiji board so I can have some weird party and ask questions to      ? And I dont want any interenet stores because I cant use them. Maybe I will see if my friends have one so we can have a saonace or w/e there called for hallowen.

257806[/snapback]

I wouldn't play with fire.

I use to have a Ouiji board when I was a kid, my mom gave it to me for Christmas. We use to use it all the time, of course none of the things it said would happen never did. I don't believe there is anything evil or demonic about it, its mostly just used for fun.

It also told me I would die soon, that was almost 30 years ago! I too an still waiting! LOL

Nope never will. My mothers friend used a Ouiji board when she was younger with her friends and they all thought they were talking to an 8 year old boy when in fact they were speaking with satan. That's just kinda creepy.

Nope never will. My mothers friend used a Ouiji board when she was younger with her friends and they all thought they were talking to an 8 year old boy when in fact they were speaking with satan. That's just kinda creepy.

260327[/snapback]

Now thats funny!!! :)

Ouiji boards do not conjure up satan or evil spirts, its just a board game.

That's what I have been told because me and my friend dom were taliking about them and missy started talking about that. It creeped me out. I don't believe any of it but still I am easily creeped out.

Guest Ktrek

My brother and I had one when we were teenagers some 30 years ago. I remember the last time we ever used it was when we asked it who spoke through this thing. It spelled out S-A-T-A-N. That was enough for this kid! My brother threw it into a fire and the board screamed! True story!

Kevin

My brother and I had one when we were teenagers some 30 years ago. I remember the last time we ever used it was when we asked it who spoke through this thing. It spelled out S-A-T-A-N. That was enough for this kid! My brother threw it into a fire and the board screamed! True story!

Kevin

260388[/snapback]

According to what I have heard... You're not supposed to survive that..

:) 36 hours left to live...

:b-day: *shrugs* I guess you've disproven that claim... Or did something to counter-act that rule... :laugh:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

WHO YOU LIAR *thwacks who on the head with a forzen tribble* look at all the old people that burned ouiji boards and are still alive!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe its because they are to holy, ARGH!!!! I think to much

But anyways, do the cardboard ones made by milton bradley good enougth or do I need to buy one thats made out of black forest wood and stuff like that?

Last used a Ouija board 10 years ago after a party had ended. Apart from being completely drunk and getting scared to death when it spelled out "S-A-T-A-N". We threw it in the fire and it screamed. Unfortunately (And I'm not sure if this is a coinsidence or to do with it) My friend who was with us died 2 days later in a car accident. Thinking about it still hurts.

From my own personal experience............I know that Ouiiji boards can be very dangerous. We all have our own personal beliefs, faiths etc..............And sometimes in the midst of crisis, we can ignore warnings and do irrational, even desperate things...................When I was a young sophomore in college, a very close friend of mine was killed in a car accident. In my grief, and desire to try to know where she was, and how she was, I went out and bought a Ouiji board..........Belive me, I am a Christian, a Catholic, with a strong faith in God..............But I was distraught, and wanted badly to do anything to talk to my friend..............So the night after I bought this thing, I convinced several of my classmate to join me in playing with it. None of them knew what my motive was for using it. But the point is that it did begin to move around the board, which began to freak people out. It also began to spell things, as I began to ask it questions.............When I finally asked it who it was, It actually spelled out my dead friend's name, and everyone in the room jumped up and left me......I became hysterical, passed out, and the next thing I remember was waking up in the college infirmary. After I was released, I went to several of my psychology professors, trying to obtain explanations, about the Ouiiji board and what happened that night..............However, there is no factual explanation that anyone could give me........because there is none............One can believe whatever one wants to believe, but no one will ever know the truth.........still the serious issue here is the potential dangers that one places himself in, mentally from trying to delve into the supernatural...............I was a "mess" for quite sometime after that experience; it frightened me. And I needed logic to explain why the board moved..........but there was none.......which only complicated my healing process, and certainly didn't help anyone else who was in the room that night. As a psychology student, and a Christian, I really should have know better........but sometimes youth ignores rational behavior.............

For those of you who are young, and think this would be a big thrill, and lots of fun..........believe me if you get into something too deep.........you will not be able to handle it.

Much to my shame, :frusty: I did use one once when I was like 7, I didn't know it was bad, I was naive. I think they're stupid and possibly demonic, and usually one person is pushing the thing around and it doesn't really have a point.

Plain and simple, yes.

The first time I used one a spirit that calls herself "Spear" talked to me. At first I was like whatever.

Several years later I met a tarot card reader in New Orleans. He read my cards for me, and asked me if I knew of a spirit "with a spear." I knew right away what he was talking about. It creeped me out! After that, I had my reservations about Ouiji boards, but I have used them since and am completely willing to do so again.

I was given one of those as a gift many, many years ago. My cousin and I were playing with it and got really scared. My cousin threw the little planchette or whatever you calll the thing you put your hands on into a different back yard (that thing sailed about two houses away)!

So, about a year later, my cousin was visiting again, she opened the freezer for something and that planchette thing fell off the top of the fridge.

I swear that thing somehow came back from where we threw it! Nobody but the two of us knew she threw it into anoter yard, but there it was! :D:naughty:

We had my mom's boyfriend chop that thing into little bits with an axe while we watched... he also told us that burning them was a bad idea.

:wow:

Five years later, the man who chopped it up died of a heart attack. It's close enough for me to never want to be in the same house with a Ouija board again!

When I was in the Army (years ago) there were a group of people (4 guys and 2 girls) who started having Ouiji parties in the barracks. Up to that point I had never seen one I had heard that Ouiji boards were of demonic nature. Well I tell you that within a year of that group having their parties, really strange things started happening to them. It was also well known throughout the company that they were using these parties as an excuse to have orgies. I knew one of the guys pretty good and he'd always invite me to the Ouiji parties, but I never dared to go. Sometimes he would tell me stuff that would happen at the parties, like someone getting possessed by one of the ghosts, or like talking to old dead soldiers that hung out on base. I remember he told me once that all the bad stuff that one of the other guys was going through was because he hadn't wiped the board clean, I still don't know what he meant by that. All that stuff was kind of freaky to me, so I never tried to join in. Everyone thought that particular group were all freaks and that they were playing with something they knew nothing about. There's no way I would get near one of those boards!!

Actually with Ouiji boards, no one is actually "intentional" pushing the thing around, it's actually in the subconcious which is why it's so easy to believe you're actually talking to a spirit. In an experiment the placed a people in a room and had the people use the Ouiji several times and then the last time they did it, they blindfolded all the people in the room and then turned the board upside down. They all went to the wrong letters not because they were blindfolded but because the board was upside down :flowers: meaning that the people had memorized where the letters were and were doing it on their own.

Also they did mess up on the order of the letters a few times while they were blindfolded also.

I had a girlfriend in school who could make that thing go like anything.

It was scary really. :bow:

Although, once someone at church said a Ouiji board was a tool of the devil, I only used it more. :) :P :bow:

Edited by Madame Butterfly