Sign in to follow this  
Chataeya

Anyone A Chakotay Fan

:laugh: I'm just back on the internet, been down for about a year now. I finely find a website for Chakotay/Robert Beltran and i can't get on it. I Love the mans work and his acting. I did wish to follow his career. But I've come to find out his website is shut down. :bow:

I have to admit Beltran found his character of Chakotay in the first year along with Robert Duncan McNeill, Garrett Wang. Others struggled for a couple of seasons, but once they hit their stride the whole ensemble ran like a well oiled machine.

My vote though goes to Tim Russ...

This is just an opinion, but I kinda think Robert Beltran upset a lot of Trek fans when he started complaining about Voyager all the time. I still enjoy his character Chakotay, but can't help but think that he should be a bit more grateful for what Trek has done for him, rather than obsess about the negative.

I also would like to have seen him with Janeway, rather than hook up with Seven at the last minute.

I too, wished Chakotay had ended up with Janeway :bow: seven COULD have gone with Harry (I must admit I never even thought about that) but i thought her and the Doctor would have gone well together! And I always thought Harry would go back to Libby....she DID say she'd wait for him :bow:

I liked the Chakotay character, he was always strong and he adapted to the situation very quickly.

I really liked Chakotay. I actually would have liked to have seen the writers make more use of him. I really liked Seven too, but once she came aboard, some characters suffered to a certain extent, one of them being Chakotay.

I too, wished Chakotay had ended up with Janeway :bow: seven COULD have gone with Harry (I must admit I never even thought about that) but i thought her and the Doctor would have gone well together! And I always thought Harry would go back to Libby....she DID say she'd wait for him :bow:

And Harry also was very eager to get a girl, how many did he go after? But yeah, the doc would have understood her better.

Didn't they do almost the same thing with Riker, Deanna Troi and Worf that they're doing with Janeway, Chakotay and Seven? Maybe we'll get a movie that will straighten this out....*hopes*

:bow:

I too, wished Chakotay had ended up with Janeway :D seven COULD have gone with Harry (I must admit I never even thought about that) but i thought her and the Doctor would have gone well together! And I always thought Harry would go back to Libby....she DID say she'd wait for him :D

And Harry also was very eager to get a girl, how many did he go after? But yeah, the doc would have understood her better.

Didn't they do almost the same thing with Riker, Deanna Troi and Worf that they're doing with Janeway, Chakotay and Seven? Maybe we'll get a movie that will straighten this out....*hopes*

:wow:

Good point! Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Chakotay was one of the better, but underused characters on Voyager. Too bad he got shoved into the background so often.

It's also too bad that nothing was ever developed between Chakotay and Janeway. I never really liked Chakotay/Seven.

I didnt really warm to him. He became too integrated into Voyager for my liking. He didnt look or behave like an ex-maquis enough.

Chakotay was one of the better, but underused characters on Voyager.  Too bad he got shoved into the background so often. 

It's also too bad that nothing was ever developed between Chakotay and Janeway.  I never really liked Chakotay/Seven.

Welcome to the club! ;) ;)

Chakotay was one of the better, but underused characters on Voyager.  Too bad he got shoved into the background so often. 

It's also too bad that nothing was ever developed between Chakotay and Janeway.  I never really liked Chakotay/Seven.

I concur

I really liked Chakotay. I actually would have liked to have seen the writers make more use of him. I really liked Seven too, but once she came aboard, some characters suffered to a certain extent, one of them being Chakotay.

:laugh: ~Crims~ I agree with your statement. I also wish they had use Chakotay more often. Seven ended up being used to much. (I am a female, Boys. So yes I wanted more CHAKOTAY.)

A Chakotay/Janeway relationship would have worked much better. He cared for her very much, so this would have worked. :blink:

:laugh::laugh: MORE CHAKOTAY!!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

I too liked Chakotay! It's a shame that he was so neglected durring the 6th season. Anyway, I agreed with some of the things he said about Voyager like how Chakotay & Seven were thrust together without a back story or anything. However, I also agree with the fans that he could have used constructive critisism.

I am new here. I am Ensign KayTroi;I am a big fan of Robert Beltran, formally Cmdr. Chakotay of Star Trek Voyager. I enjoyed his work on the show. I also think he is a cutie. The last show that I saw him on was CSI MIAMI. Other than the show mentioned above I have not seen him in any thing else. If you here anything else about this sexy hunk, please let me know.

thanks! :rolleyes:

Don't worry 'bout it :rolleyes:

Have you posted on the new crewmen board yet? We'd love to welcome you!

;) ~Crims~ I agree with your statement. I also wish they had use Chakotay more often. Seven ended up being used to much. (I am a female, Boys. So yes I wanted more CHAKOTAY.)

A Chakotay/Janeway relationship would have worked much better. He cared for her very much, so this would have worked. :tear:

:P :rolleyes: MORE CHAKOTAY!!!!!! :rolleyes:;)

One of the reasons I liked Chakotay was because the type of personality and overall character traits he possessed were very different from almost all other Star Trek characters. With most characters you can make, at the very least, subtle comparisions but Chakotay was very originial in this sense in my opinion.

One of the reasons I liked Chakotay was because the type of personality and overall character traits he possessed were very different from almost all other Star Trek characters. With most characters you can make, at the very least, subtle comparisions but Chakotay was very originial in this sense in my opinion.

;) I agree. He could get a message across without words. The man himself is a great actor. He, in my opinion was the best choice for that roll. His acting ablity is endless and he did the part of Chakotay to the best of his ablities. They needed to use him more. But the show is over and there will be no more new shows as far as Voyager is concerned. I hear tales of a move but never a conformation about it. :tear:

:rolleyes: :P I still want more. Sorry just can't seem to stop the want for VOYAGER. :rolleyes:;)

:idea:

;) I agree. He could get a message across without words. The man himself is a great actor. He, in my opinion was the best choice for that roll. His acting ablity is endless and he did the part of Chakotay to the best of his ablities. They needed to use him more. But the show is over and there will be no more new shows as far as Voyager is concerned. I hear tales of a move but never a conformation about it. :idea:

:P :rolleyes: I still want more. Sorry just can't seem to stop the want for VOYAGER. :rolleyes:;)

:tear:

Yup, I agree. If someone ever came to him for advice or if he felt someone was acting in an inappropiate manner, he would not come straight out and tell them. He would give advice and lectures in a way that it made the person think, and then they would come to the right decision themselves.

:theking: He does know how to make a person stop and think ( Chakotay that is ) I wonder sometimes though, if Beltran is like his character or is the character a part of Beltran? There's a good question. :andorian:

YES,I AM A BIG FAN OF CHAKOTAY'S.

I THINK HE IS A HUNK. :) :) :)

:andorian::theking: :P

hehe hehe

:) :) :) :) :)

B) B) B) B) B)

:borg2::drool:

:martok:

YES,I AM A BIG FAN OF CHAKOTAY'S.

I THINK HE IS A HUNK. :drool:  :P  :)

:)  :andorian:  :theking:

:borg2: KayTroi I think he's a HUNK, too. But you've gotta stop drooling over the poor guy, he's wet enough as it is, with all these women that are out there on the internet. He may not like it to much, but then who am I to say what he likes or dislikes. It would be nice if he could speak up for himself, here. I do know that are board caretakers would keep the trash off. He might enjoy himself here. :martok:

I like Chakotay, but I did find him being annoying questioning Janeway. I am unsure if he did it becuase she was a woman captain, against starfleet, or just doing his job. He did make good points and made Janeway rethink her actions, but it just seemed over done.

I like Chakotay, but I did find him being annoying questioning Janeway. I am unsure if he did it becuase she was a woman captain, against starfleet, or just doing his job. He did make good points and made Janeway rethink her actions, but it just seemed over done.

:blink: That's what his job is, to make sure the Captain is sure that she knows what she's doing. :)

Wasn't a big fan of the captain-1st officer realtionship...call me old fashioned but it just never suit me, but I enjoyed his character when he wasn't agreeing with everything Admiral Janeway said or did.