Sign in to follow this  
tbree_dVelnahr

Stories about known Star Trek Characters

I'm really curious here. I'm noticing that many of the fan fiction posted on this site are really original works simply set in the Star Trek realm. Are people getting bored reading stories about the established Trek characters, (Kirk, Spock, Picard, et al)? I am in the process of writing such a story, taking a look at the more personal side of Spock while keeping a mission in the background, but will there be an audience when I'm done? Are fans moving on?

For me, I'd like to read such a story. We know a great deal about the characters' working life and a little time spent exploring their personal lives is intriguing to me. Any thoughts? Replies are most welcome.

T'Bree

I think everyone kinda does what they feel here. It's a pretty relaxed atmosphere. We talk allot about Trek origianl characters, but there is only so much you can say. I think everyone watches one series of Trek or another on there own and come in here to meet and chat with people that have the same interests as them. I don't think any of the origianl characters will every lose their interest. I mean look at TOS. Most people in this webisite weren't even born when that show aired, including myself and I'm 32. If a show can last that long I think it will last forever. Good luck with your story.

Just do it. I am doing it now and having a great time. Because as I'm writing I can hear their voices in my head and can actually see them, it's really fun. DO IT!! If you add a character that you made up, I don't think it would feel the same way. I've done that and it didn't. If you'd like to write like we do, together in an IM, PM me and we can give it a try. Or if your on Yahoo, just IM me, xuoira@Yahoo. O.K.?

Well, thank you so much for the encouragment and the invitation to do something as a joint effort. For now, I'll have to pass as my hands are quite full with other projects.

As for adding some of my own characters, yes I have. Seems necessary to the story I'm writing, lol. Only time will determine if I'm on the right track. I've written a complete rough draft and am currently redrafting it. Who knows, if I get far enough along before I pull it all apart again, perhaps I'll post a sampling at some point and those who read and post here can be the judge, lol.

At any rate, thank you for your thoughts on the matter, it helps. :sweatdrop:

T'Bree

Edited by tbree_dVelnahr