Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

Happy VE day

Even though it's no longer celebrated or in some cases even remembered, today is the 58th anniversary of the official end to the war in Europe. I wish to remind all that on this day we remember the sacrifices made by those grandfathers, fathers, uncles and brothers of our families who lived through this horrendous episode of humankind's history. May we never forget.

Well said!! Imagine how different our lives would be now if it weren't for the brave individuals of the allied forces who fought the tyranny of fascism.

wargraves.jpg

My flag is flying in honor. My sincere thanks to all veterans of whatever conflict.

My respect and prayers are with them and their families.

Even though it's no longer celebrated or in some cases even remembered, today is the 58th anniversary of the official end to the war in Europe.  I wish to remind all that on this day we remember the sacrifices made by those grandfathers, fathers, uncles and brothers of our families who lived through this horrendous episode of humankind's history.  May we never forget.

I'm with you on that.

your so right, we must never forget such times. we need to remember our history to hopefully learn from the mistakes of ours, and others. though im not one myself, i have many veterans in my family and appreciate what all vets have done, and active soldiers are doing today, for us, and our freedoms.

As a daughter of a retired Coast Guard veteran, a grand daughter of a Air Force veteran(flew in WWII)...my prayers & respect goes to all veterans regardless of which conflict they were/are involved in.

I think we should all give a moment of silence for all the people that lost there lives that were fighting against evil and civilians that died

:laugh:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com