Sign in to follow this  
recycle

good old trek,what makes it..

I like all of the above. I really liked the underlying message of TOS. Which I think was one of tolerance and hope. Something the real world needs to beat over the head with.

I think Trek represents the hopes for the future of thousands of people, past and present. Too bad it's not available all over the world.

Trek is the optimistic view of the future. It helped us develop palm pilots. It gave us the idea of the scanning bed. It helped us think of so many things. Hopefully, it will be the future.

One thing I really loved about TOS was the melodrama inherent in the knowledge that these guys were pioneers. In TNG and later, I don't get this feeling; it's more of an attitude of familiarity.

Of course, William Shatner had a lot to do with that melodrama.

Swaggering into the unknown, gut and all, each week. I loved it!

Long live Kirk!

I like TOS because, well, it's a classic. It's had such a huge influence on sci-fi, and all of pop culture for that matter. I think it's fun to look for parrallels between TOS and other shows, movies, etc

I guess it's like what The Beatles are for music. A classic, that has yet to be matched.

I think Trek represents the hopes for the future of thousands of people, past and present. Too bad it's not available all over the world.

252748[/snapback]

To the best of my knowledge, Star Trek is syndicated in several nations around the world, so fret not. Those who have ears, let them hear.

T'Bree

TOS gave us a glimpes of what our future could be. No war (on earth) no hunger, no bigotry. Everyone has a equal opportunity. I think money is a big problem on this world. I mean anybody that is struggling does not deserve to have their lights shut off if they simply can't pay their bill on time. I don't see this happening in TOS. I don't think there was anyone on earth doing without unless they chose to in the time of TOS. All of man-kind working together to better humanity. Sounds like a great place to live to me.

252748[/snapback]

To the best of my knowledge, Star Trek is syndicated in several nations around the world, so fret not. Those who have ears, let them hear.

T'Bree

255089[/snapback]

Ah but the guy said he wished Star Trek was available to everyone and even in todays world I don't think Trek has reached every single nation yet.