Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Would you approve of a revamped re-release of Tos?

Would you like to see all the Tos episodes re-done using cgi? Windows added in with streaking Stars, added in consoles with Okudagrams, new shots of the ship in battle/viewscreen shots, and so on? I think this could be done, like with the Motion Picture Special edition, to great effect without losing a lot of tos style. I like the storylines but feel a lot of touching up could be done.

I wouldn't tamper with most of the interiors, I like the colorful look they had. I do however feel redoing some of the ship scenes would be a welcome change of pace. Hopefully they will have the will power and money to do such a feat.

I'm sure some touching up would be an improvement since a lot of people complain about the bad special effects. But what's more important to me, is actually seeing an episode that hasn't been cut to pieces. I would love to see a totally uncut episode. The editing is so bad sometimes the original storyline hardly holds up. :(

I think that this would be cool. Expesially on the special effects, but I too would not change the interior of the ship.

on one hand...they did a great job with star wars....but without big gene, much like lucas did, whos gonna really have the vision to complete them correctly?

That's a hard question to answer. I agree that they shouldn't do to much inside the ship or to the actors. Leave the bulk of the show as it was intended to be seen. Of course if Gene had the budget who knows what his intentions would have been. Klingons would likely have had the forehead ridges. They didn't though, so leave that alone. Leave the other aliens alone too.

Spicing up battle sceens, or enhancing the Phaser beams or transporter effects might be cool though. I really woulndn't want much if anything done though.

To me it's one of those "Sacred" things you shouldn't mess with.

Nothing would be able to take from me what TOS has given me but if a revamping would give me new things to see and think about for another 35 years, Warp Speed Now! I have seen them all soooooooooo many times, I have looked at every inch of the screen in every scene in every episode. I vote yes, The Works!

I'm not sure. It would be like colourizing classic movies. Some prefer the original black & white version while others marvel at seeing it in colour.

I actually didn't like what Lucas did. I prefer the original versions.

I'm not sure.  It would be like colourizing classic movies. Some prefer the original black & white version while others marvel at seeing it in colour. 

I understand. I see a redo as adding a choice not a replacement

I'm not sure about this either. The idea for redoing the Klingons, NO!

redoing some of the special effects sounds ok, but not much else would i like to see changed Uncut- agreed!

I think they should just THX 'em.

:) :( :(

YAY, SAM!!! :)

I'm not sure.  It would be like colourizing classic movies. Some prefer the original black & white version while others marvel at seeing it in colour. 

I actually didn't like what Lucas did.  I prefer the original versions.

I'm with you Takara. I hate the idea of colorizing the B&W's. They are awesome the way they are. (Of course I'm into B&W movies.) I'm kinda like that with Star Wars, I liked what Lucas did but I prefer the original. I think they could probably sharpen the picture a little, brighten the colors, and THX it, but nothing like adding FX, it wouldn't be special then. It wouldn't be Original Trek. IMHO :laugh:

Katy

I say no, changing anything about the show will change the feel of the show, the bad SFX and colourfull sets are what make trek so good. It's what makes it Star Trek. The things that were done to the movies were done because thats what the director wanted but could not aford, but with tos they got pretty much what they went for.

TREK ROCKS just the way it is.

I say no, changing anything about the show will change the feel of the show, the bad SFX and colourfull sets are what make trek so good.

Yep Yep Yep

although I did love (Most of) what George Lucas did to the Star Wars Movies :innocent:

If they do it of course I'll buy it, but I really don't think they should mess with it. After watching the DS0 episode Trials and Tribble-ations I remember thinking that it would be cool to re do the special effects so that the ships looked better. But the more I think about the more I think of the original series as a pierod piece. It was a show made in the 60's and it looks very much like a show that was made in the 60's. I think if they change it then it would lose something. For example the Star Wars Special edditions were cool but I still perfer the originals.

Yes, I think it should be redone. I also think that it shouldn't be edited. Once a show has been edited, it is hard to hold the interest of the viewer. It would be hard to get my attention if the TOS was cut to shreads. But, this is my opinion. :innocent:

I'd rather own the original than a 'fixed up' version. I like TOS just the way it is- it reflects the time it was made. I wouldn't like it to look more modern. :)

Nah, leave TOS alone. I look at the new Outer Limits and Twilight Zones and they just do not have what the originals did. What made TOS was the stories. Effects would only distract from the some of the great stories.

If they would like to re-edit the episodes using the original footage, Or "Clean Up" Some of the special effects, i wouldn't mind. But' if you'r talking about something like what Lucas did with "Star Wars", adding things that weren't there before.....NO WAY!!! TOS is what it is and should stay that way. People should change to accept TOS the way it is not the other way around. Maybe 30 years from now we should consider revamping TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT as well. I don't think so! If it aint broke don't fix it.

Perhaps people should not be so frightened of change, it is not about replacing The Original it is about offering a choice, I choose choice.

Yesterday on the sci-fi channel they aired a version of The Cage, which was THE MOST, complete version I had ever seen. Even the VHS release of this episode was chopped to pieces in comparison, tons of added footage! I sat spellbound watching the entire story unfold for the first time, I was too paralyzed to even move to pop in a tape and begin recording it!

I now cannot stop thinking about all those planet vista’s with the plain blue and green sky’s in the backgrounds, they are built in blue/green screens just begging to have some detail painted onto them digitally.

O.K. Alterego...maybe we should revamp all of the "Twilight Zone", "Outer Limits", "Lost In Space", "Batman", "Land Of the Giants", "Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea" and every other 60's series just to appease the "younger" viewer. if it ain't broke don't fix it" should we alter the FX for the later series 30 years from now?

Perhaps people should not be so frightened of change, it is not about replacing The Original it is about offering a choice, I choose choice.

Yesterday on the sci-fi channel they aired a version of The Cage, which was THE MOST, complete version I had ever seen. Even the VHS release of this episode was chopped to pieces in comparison, tons of added footage! I sat spellbound watching the entire story unfold for the first time, I was too paralyzed to even move to pop in a tape and begin recording it!

I now cannot stop thinking about all those planet vista’s with the plain blue and green sky’s in the backgrounds, they are built in blue/green screens just begging to have some detail painted onto them digitally.

I've only seen like 10 TOS episodes, and I'd like to see them as they were originally presented. I would be very ticked off if they went and "enhanced" the special effects, as it'd be completely off, ruin the 60's feel, and oh man, there's so much more I could complain about.

In my opinion, this would be as bad an idea as a total remake! :bow:

Um excuse me, please back off. I am not saying you HAVE to watch a revamped version. I am only saying I would not freak out if they did redo them, I would appreciate having a choice and as far as those other series, I could care less what happens to them, the subject was TOS.

Um excuse me, please back off. I am not saying you HAVE to watch a revamped version. I am only saying I would not freak out if they did redo them, I would appreciate having a choice and as far as those other series, I could care less what happens to them, the subject was TOS.

Well, TOS season sets will be the only way for me to watch TOS, so if they did revamped TOS, it would be forcing me to watch revamp TOS, see? I want to see the episodes as originally presented.

You should have said that in the first place but your argument still does not hold a lot of water imho. You have stated repetitively that you are not able to afford seasons sets. BUT. I will concede that in all fairness, if they did do a revamped version in box-sets they should also do a regular version for them who would not choose to buy the other.